Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the Studio

Comments

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    frostymug said:
    frostymug said:
    I'm glad I filed my Paypal claim and got my refund!
    Probably the safe bet.

As long as you don't mind being chided about the contract you signed. o.O

I'll gladly accept $235 worth of chiding.  I figure I kept up my end as well as they did theirs.
    We're on the same side there

Our side has cookies!
    JamesGoblinKyleran[Deleted User]Kefo
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

Our side has cookies!
    Then it's settled!
    JamesGoblin
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited February 2018
    frostymug said:

The best I can do to answer your questions is offer you a link to SBS's most recent Q&A where at the beginning they can give you a descriptive outline of what is expected in the next little while.

I also want to add that according to the Studio when approaching investors they found that certain investors/publishers were looking for something a little closer to completion. That is that the game was further into development then what the studio currently has. I mean let's face it investors and publishers don't give a shit about the game itself, it is all about the return on their investment. 

That being said it is my belief that SBS hasn't given up on trying to get investors but rather they are just waiting till they have something more concrete to show them. 

It is also my understanding that the layoffs didn't happen because they have run out of money but rather to tighten their budget in an attempt to completion without using all their resources before that could happen.  
    That more or less follows my understanding of the situation. If they brought what they have shown so far to most publishers they would likely have been shown the door and not charged for the coffee they drank during the meeting if they were lucky. Many in-house development teams get projects pulled from them by publishers if they are at the stage this is at by this point in time. An outside development team that the publisher would have far less control over is just not that great a sell.

They really just need to get something in the hands of the public. Make a character creator to release to the general public and build hype and maybe donations. Like BDO did. Build up hype and get people talking outside the existing circle.

Right now it just looks like they've come to the realization that they might have taken on a bit too much with a bit too little. Turning the faucets off on the Titanic isn't going to save the day.

I still think the whole crowdfunding thing is being done reverse what it should be. Individual backers should be providing the push to get over the hump rather than off the line. If a team really thinks they have something, they should have the ability to fund it to some functional point either from their own pockets or via angel investors. THEN have individual backers provide the push to get over the hump and completed. I think that's the big takeaway for me from this first (maybe last) MMO crowdfunding push.

I don't think they're alone in their situation, but I don't really see them escaping it either unless they find a way to get more from crowdsourcing.
    I totally agree, the sooner they get things in the hands of the public the better, but as I stated before I would rather wait for quality than something put out just for the sake of publishing -something- . 

As for development investment, we know that Caspain believed in his project enough to put in 500 thousand of his own money in addition to another 500 thousand that was invested by his friends and family.  That is an extra Million above what they have acquired during crowdfunding. 

Then when we talk about community funding if I was to do the math in order to gain a daily average it would equate to approximately $4,014.10 per day. 

I reached that number by using yesterday morning's total of $3,721,720, I then subtracted the Kickstarter total of $1,361,435 and divided it by the number of days from when the forum store launched till yesterday. So from June 28 2016 to Feb 6 2018  that resulted in 588 days.

I used yesterday's number only because I wanted to demonstrate SBSs income from then to now to incorporate the total sales from their most recent sale that started yesterday. The total as of right now is $3,736,925 subtract $3,721,720 it equals $15,205 in less than 24 hours. I calculated that just for my own curiosity.. heh

So with nearly $5,000,000, a passionate community and frugal spending they are off to a pretty good start to completing Chronicles of Elyria in my opinion.

SBS has admitted openly to the community that for now, they intend to depend on crowdfunding rather than change the scope of their game for investors/producers. And according to the numbers, the community is happy to help. 
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188

I totally agree, the sooner they get things in the hands of the public the better, but as I stated before I would rather wait for quality than something put out just for the sake of publishing -something- . 

As for development investment, we know that Caspain believed in his project enough to put in 500 thousand of his own money in addition to another 500 thousand that was invested by his friends and family.  That is an extra Million above what they have acquired during crowdfunding. 

Then when we talk about community funding if I was to do the math in order to gain a daily average it would equate to approximately $4,014.10 per day. 

I reached that number by using yesterday morning's total of $3,721,720, I then subtracted the Kickstarter total of $1,361,435 and then divided it by the number of days from when the forum store launched till yesterday. So from June 28 2016 to Feb 6 2018  that resulted in 588 days.

I used yesterday's number only because I wanted to demonstrate SBSs income from then to now to incorporate the total sales from their most recent sale that started yesterday. The total as of right now is $3,736,925 subtract $3,721,720 it equals $15,205 in less than 24 hours. I calculated that just for my own curiosity.. heh

So with nearly $5,000,000, a passionate community and frugal spending they are off to a pretty good start to completing Chronicles of Elyria in my opinion.

SBS has readily admitted openly to the community that for now, they intend to depend on crowdfunding rather than change the scope of their game for investors/producers. And according to the numbers, the community is happy to help. 
    I don't necessarily think they should push just anything out, but something like a character creator should theoretically be fairly easy to push if they are where the videos show they are. Get more visibility and get people to create a character that they may want to import into the game when it is released. Lock down names if you pledge early. Maintain the passionate community and potentially grow it.

What they have now is a bunch of nebulous information with not a lot of tangible evidence to draw a crowd to. And a new report from the studio that they have downsized. Whether it is to get lean and mean or because they are running dry is up to personal interpretation. (as we know from roughly 18 pages here)

5Mil is a nice chunk of bread, but I don't think it will be enough to do what they have set out to do. Not without continuing funding from the existing backer group or drawing in new backers. It's not a good time to take on a bunker mentality.

For reference, EQ took about 3mil in 1999 dollars and they didn't try to pull off near as much. Inflation versus lower technology costs and advances. 

I definitely don't want to shit on anyone's parade and wish them the best of luck, but from outside looking in I don't think it looks real promising without some according to Hoyle miracle. 

I don't know why, but I can't go back to sleep.

Plus, cookies are hard to beat
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited February 2018
    frostymug said: 

I don't necessarily think they should push just anything out, but something like a character creator should theoretically be fairly easy to push if they are where the videos show they are. Get more visibility and get people to create a character that they may want to import into the game when it is released. Lock down names if you pledge early. Maintain the passionate community and potentially grow it.

Either you are psychic or you are just messing with me. :P Either way, the Character Creator and Name Reservation are expected to be implemented within the next couple of months. That was confirmed in the video link I posted for you. 
    frostymug said:

5Mil is a nice chunk of bread, but I don't think it will be enough to do what they have set out to do. Not without continuing funding from the existing backer group or drawing in new backers. It's not a good time to take on a bunker mentality. 

Once again I agree, five million isn't nearly enough for them to complete the game but if the past is any indication of the future, then it appears Crowdfunding will definitely provide a substantial amount of what is needed. 

*passes him a warm glass of milk to help him sleep*
    JamesGoblin
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724

1. OMFG, I'm going to try to be as nice as possible with this.  Getting COstco stock might be okay, but getting private shares of a company before it begins selling their product, is even better.  Because again, when you're in a company as small as this, the work you put in will directly effect how much money you make.  You can work yourself to the bone at costco, and the value of that stock isn't going up.  So if you go to a startup company, and build a game, and it becomes a success, you will make a lot more money then the same job at a well known company.  I get it, you don't think it's a good idea (even though it's quite clear, you've done minimal research).

2.  You have to understand that the developers of this game, aren't arm chair warriors, that think they can know everything about a project while doing 0 research.  They are actually you know... working for the company.  And yes people in the tech industry do this all the time.  Sometimes the company folds, and you end up just making your lower than average salary.  But sometimes the company ends up exploding, and you find yourself in early retirement.  Just because you (with again very little research) think the game is going to fail, doesn't mean the people who actually.... you know.. know what they're doing, and have decades of experience in the industry.  But I'm sure they should listen to you lol.  I mean they're obviously stupid, while your the expert on this LOLOL.  SPare me your bullshit.

3.  OMFG.  So you have this strong ass opinion, but you haven't even read the state of Elyria?  Yes that's why they had to move away from SPatial OS.  It ended up not being the perfect fit they'd hope, and they had to build the back end stuff for things like load balancing themselves.  They explained all of this in the State of Elyria. Here I'll post it for you.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/23401/A-Year-of-Foundation

It's amazing people like you.  You probably read a few click baity articles and now you think you know everything.  WHy do you even sit around in these forums if you aren't even going to do a minimal amount of research?  WHy do you have strong opinions on things you clearly don't know anything about, and are too intellectually lazy to do any sort of research?

And BTW yes, CoE does weekly letters explaining what they have completed, what they're working on, and what problems they've ran into.  VOX Elyria is going to be opening to a limited amount of backers starting around April.  They also do Q&A's (there is one today actually), weekly public updates, and they constantly talk to players on the COE Dischord channel, and answer their questions.
     It's become apparent you don't understand investment. Let me break this down for you. The company isn't worth ANYTHING. They essentially owe a $3,000,000 game to the folks to gave them money. Of course there really isn't much people can do if they don't deliver. That aside any one accepting shares of this clown fiesta would need to weigh whether or not they think those shares will turn into something worth their time. 

In the case of this game, that potential employee would say to themselves, (these guys are offering me shares of a game they can't finish unless I can do it for them.) Now this person needs to weigh whether or not they think they can be the turning point for this disaster of a project. What are the odds you think that person will end up coming to the conclusion that it's worth their time? I'd wager pretty fucking low...

Now onto the meat of this subject.. What the hell have they accomplished? You say I've done no research? Well there's literally been no information on what they've actually been doing regarding the construction of this game engine or it's modification. Have they released any successful functions of their SpacialOS copy? No? Oh that's odd I thought they were a good hard working team as you seem to insinuate. 

I'm glad you're satisfied with their lack of information blame game playing bs. Because so far all they have said is what they NEED to do, not what they have DONE. I mean there's a neat Jousting demo, but that would probably sell better on mobile let's be honest. All in all, I see no technical information regarding what they actually did, just problems and potential fixes, that still don't seem to sound like they are confident with. 

It's good you're passionate, but you need some common sense to go with it. 
    YashaXJamesGoblin[Deleted User]Slapshot1188GdemamiEloranta
    Ungood said:
    CU was called vaporware for a while as well, people claimed it would never happen, in fact you can find the same pessimism and hubris here on the forums regarding CU if you look, ye here it is, looking like it's coming to life after all.

Funny how that works.

Good thing these formites don't really affect the game, if they did, no game would get made.
     CU has had nowhere near the amount of bad PR COE has, don't even go there. Even whilst the company had less than 15 employees they were still streaming themselves coding away all day from 8am to whenever they went home. They didn't give up and they PROVED to us that they will keep their word on making this game, even if it's taking longer. MJ also spent millions of his own money to open a second studio in Seattle, so they could get more talent involved without them having to relocate. 

Don't even try to make comparisons to a game studio working that hard, with one that is literally asking us to hold on with hopes and dreams. All while not proving anything they are doing is going to make a difference in the long run. NDA isn't an excuse either because CU is still under NDA also. 

If CU wasn't being so honest and transparent as they have been, COE might not look as bad as it currently does.  Odd how that works isn't it? 
    YashaXJamesGoblinSlapshot1188
    edited February 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    CU was called vaporware for a while as well, people claimed it would never happen, in fact you can find the same pessimism and hubris here on the forums regarding CU if you look, ye here it is, looking like it's coming to life after all.

Funny how that works.

Good thing these formites don't really affect the game, if they did, no game would get made.
    Ugh, bad example, only game I ever crowd funded, promised in 2 years, coming up on 5 with no promised beta date, much less a release date.

You know what they've been doing lately? Crash the server testing and making significant progress on "willow tree" mechanics. (True story, showcased the latter)

I saw some one praise CU for sending weekly updates on what's been completed vs what work is outstanding. Same smokescreen Roberts Industries uses (might as well follow "the Master's" lead)

What they don't say, and what really is the only that matters after 5 plus years is "WHEN" will the remaining work be finished?

I'm not expecting COE to be able to meet the same standard, but in all fairness to Caspian, while he may not have been correct in the past, he's still got the nerve to publish new target dates, even if they too are likely aggrssive.  Can't say the same for MJ or Chris.
     Yeah the difference is CU actually provides daily streams of them doing actual work. No other kickstarter game is doing that. As well as experience in how to move forward without looking like failures. Walsh can keep giving out those "aggressive dates" that will never be met. Meanwhile CU will continue finishing the game, and soon enough have a playable beta out. The engine work is mostly complete, now they are fleshing out the game world, as you saw with the stream about the trees etc. Funny how you tried to push that as a bad thing.  Not that I'd expect otherwise..  

Edit: Also at least Mark has the balls to come here to this forum and talk to us like actual people, instead of sending his little goons with 20 posts to do it for him. 
    DakeruYashaXJamesGoblinSlapshot1188Gdemami
    frostymug said: 

Either you are psychic or you are just messing with me. :P Either way, the Character Creator and Name Reservation are expected to be implemented within the next couple of months. That was confirmed in the video link I posted for you. 
    frostymug said:

Once again I agree, five million isn't nearly enough for them to complete the game but if the past is any indication of the future, then it appears Crowdfunding will definitely provide a substantial amount of what is needed. 

*passes him a warm glass of milk to help him sleep*
    I will confess that I did not watch the entire video. That's another mistake I think most of these crowdfunded games make. A long video is good for a rapt audience of existing backers, but not good for someone who is marginally interested, but not already invested, that just wants a synopsis of the project. It's hard to watch much more than ten minutes of something you have a passing interest in or that you are not certain you are interested in to begin with. But that's more general anyways...

If they are releasing a character creator to the general public and tying name reservations into some backing reward then obviously I think that is a good start to trying to generate new and continued interest and associated funding.

I'll still watch from the sidelines. If I can, I'll probably check out the creator when it comes out. 
    mystichaze
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

Could you please site your source where someone in this thread said that CU was vaporware?
    learn to read.

I never said someone from this thread, I said on these forums. And here you go, a whole topic about it.
    Funny thing, I just checked that entire thread, not one mention if vaporware.

I did see reference to the term evaporate, (as in, player interest) perhaps thats what you read?
    There were also no CU backers coming on the thread just to bully, insult, and badmouth the people who were frustrated with how long it was taking to develop the game (which is what happens in every CoE thread I have read). 

Interestingly the thread in question appears to have been written by a CoE zealot in an effort to lift CoE's image by dissing another game in development.

mystichazeJamesGoblinRealizerDakeru
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

Could you please site your source where someone in this thread said that CU was vaporware?
    learn to read.

I never said someone from this thread, I said on these forums. And here you go, a whole topic about it.

I did see reference to the term evaporate, (as in, player interest) perhaps thats what you read?
    There were also no CU backers coming on the thread just to bully, insult, and badmouth the people who were frustrated with how long it was taking to develop the game (which is what happens in every CoE thread I have read). 

Interestingly the thread in question appears to have been written by a CoE zealot in an effort to lift CoE's image by dissing another game in development.

BINGO!
    JamesGoblin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Realizer said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

Ugh, bad example, only game I ever crowd funded, promised in 2 years, coming up on 5 with no promised beta date, much less a release date.

You know what they've been doing lately? Crash the server testing and making significant progress on "willow tree" mechanics. (True story, showcased the latter)

I saw some one praise CU for sending weekly updates on what's been completed vs what work is outstanding. Same smokescreen Roberts Industries uses (might as well follow "the Master's" lead)

What they don't say, and what really is the only that matters after 5 plus years is "WHEN" will the remaining work be finished?

I'm not expecting COE to be able to meet the same standard, but in all fairness to Caspian, while he may not have been correct in the past, he's still got the nerve to publish new target dates, even if they too are likely aggrssive.  Can't say the same for MJ or Chris.
     Yeah the difference is CU actually provides daily streams of them doing actual work. No other kickstarter game is doing that. As well as experience in how to move forward without looking like failures. Walsh can keep giving out those "aggressive dates" that will never be met. Meanwhile CU will continue finishing the game, and soon enough have a playable beta out. The engine work is mostly complete, now they are fleshing out the game world, as you saw with the stream about the trees etc. Funny how you tried to push that as a bad thing.  Not that I'd expect otherwise..  

Edit: Also at least Mark has the balls to come here to this forum and talk to us like actual people, instead of sending his little goons with 20 posts to do it for him. 
    Blinded by the Light is what comes to mind, and you should note MJ hasn't visted here in quite some time, for good reason.

But this isn't a CU thread,  we can debate this further in a more appropriate one. (I'll be sure to queue one up soon)
    cjmarsh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Realizer said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

Blinded by the Light is what comes to mind, and you should note MJ hasn't visted here in quite some time, for good reason.

But this isn't a CU thread,  we can debate this further in a more appropriate one. (I'll be sure to queue one up soon)
     No, not blinded by the light. I know what side I'm on, and I don't play flip flop based on emotional garbage. It's quite obvious these trolls are and have been attempting to make CU look bad for the sake of their clown fiesta COE. How many times does it need to be made evident? 

As far as I'm concerned Walsh is the newest DSmart on the block attempting underhanded publicity with a merry few band of idiots. I'm perfectly confident CU will come out with a product for their backers, so I'll continue to defend it. I can't say the same about COE, and given the tactics I don't think playing the "neutral" guy is going to do any good at this point, unless we want to waste time taking these dupe accounts seriously... 
    JamesGoblinGdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

learn to read.

The thread was actually targeted at me by one of the multi account guys in the mistaken belief that I was some big CU fan that would come to its defense (if it’s the one about the delay).  What he failed to understand is that I have no problem saying MJ was incompetent in planning as he is years behind his promised date.  The thing that IMHO distinguishes between the two is that CU offers refunds to people that are frustrated with the delay. He also was very apologetic and took full responsibility for it unlike Caspien who actually blamed having to interact with his customers as one of 2 reasons for the delay(the other being that prospective employees didn’t realize how great a chance he was offering the so it took too long to get staffed).

RealizerKyleranWellspringDakeruYashaXJamesGoblinGdemamiSpottyGekko

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited February 2018
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

learn to read.

The thread was actually targeted at me by one of the multi account guys in the mistaken belief that I was some big CU fan that would come to its defense (if it’s the one about the delay).  What he failed to understand is that I have no problem saying MJ was incompetent in planning as he is years behind his promised date.  The thing that IMHO distinguishes between the two is that CU offers refunds to people that are frustrated with the delay. He also was very apologetic and took full responsibility for it unlike Caspien who actually blamed having to interact with his customers as one of 2 reasons for the delay(the other being that prospective employees didn’t realize how great a chance he was offering the so it took too long to get staffed).

MJ also had trouble staffing up, which he admitted he had misjudged the difficulty of getting people to relocate to Virginia, hence the good decision to open one in Seattle. 

As pointed out he offers refunds and while I'm a KSer alpha backer I told him once no matter how it turns out he could keep the money as I funded an idea (independent development) and not a game.   

Heck, I don't even enjoy PVP and might not even play.

;)
    JamesGoblinRealizer

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• killimandroskillimandros Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Ill be honest when I say what I like most about CU is the fact several well known and long time hardcore mass scale pvp guilds follow and influence the developement of the game. Sacrx of Red Guard being a good example. Games which take their most experienced users advice not only into consideration but also plans according to some of those advices, well for me it seems about right :)
    JamesGoblinRealizer
    Ill be honest when I say what I like most about CU is the fact several well known and long time hardcore mass scale pvp guilds follow and influence the developement of the game. Sacrx of Red Guard being a good example. Games which take their most experienced users advice not only into consideration but also plans according to some of those advices, well for me it seems about right :)
    That sword has two edges, and it would be a mistake IMO to design only towards hardcore, large scale PVPers, and I'm assuming MJ is taking all advice with a grain of salt.

YashaXJamesGoblinRealizer

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Am I to assume that this person who was banned at the end of this thread, is the same one who was banned a number of times? The hostility, the demeanor, the attitude, the passive-aggressive disposition, the responses, all appear to be very similar. It's not a stretch to think they might be the same person.

If that is the case, how does he or she think they are helping their cause? Creating a new account and repeatedly getting banned over and over again by breaking the TOS......

Do you think........I mean maybe.......just maybe, this isn't working?
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188KyleranYashaXRealizer
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Kyleran said:
    That sword has two edges, and it would be a mistake IMO to design only towards hardcore, large scale PVPers, and I'm assuming MJ is taking all advice with a grain of salt.

Actually I disagree with that, I think CU would be best served by catering exclusively to the hardcore PVP crowd as that is exactly the core of the game design. Also, tangentially, I should mention that MJ is a great guy and fully supported my selling of an IT account to someone who could invest the time into testing.
    YashaXJamesGoblinRealizer
    Am I to assume that this person who was banned at the end of this thread, is the same one who was banned a number of times? The hostility, the demeanor, the attitude, the passive-aggressive disposition, the responses, all appear to be very similar. It's not a stretch to think they might be the same person.

If that is the case, how does he or she think they are helping their cause? Creating a new account and repeatedly getting banned over and over again by breaking the TOS......

cjmarsh said:
    Kyleran said:

Actually I disagree with that, I think CU would be best served by catering exclusively to the hardcore PVP crowd as that is exactly the core of the game design. Also, tangentially, I should mention that MJ is a great guy and fully supported my selling of an IT account to someone who could invest the time into testing.
    You and I may have a considerably different view on the term "hardcore PVP crowd"

As an EVE player my thought on CU is anyone playing it "isnt."

cjmarshJamesGoblinRealizer

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Realizer said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

I get it.. CU is something you believe in.. Its cool. Which explains the "Waa waa waa my baby is special" attitude you have towards it.

If you were unbiased, you would realize that it's the same tired, doom and gloom song and dance that you heard a million times before.

YashaXJamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Kyleran said:
    cjmarsh said:
    Kyleran said:

You and I may have a considerably different view on the term "hardcore PVP crowd"

I haven't been following the combat of CU very closely in recent months but for me the combat in Eve is actually quite dull. The excitement is high, to be sure, but that's only because of the stakes involved. I know CU doesn't follow the same model as Eve but it is still all about PVP, right? Doesn't that make it a prime candidate for targeting the hardcore PVP crowd?
    JamesGoblin
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Ungood said:
    Realizer said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Funny how that works.

I get it.. CU is something you believe in.. Its cool. Which explains the "Waa waa waa my baby is special" attitude you have towards it.

If you were unbiased, you would realize that it's the same tired, doom and gloom song and dance that you heard a million times before.

Not quite.
    Again they offer refunds 
    They have plenty of funding now (not the case prior)
    Backers have actually been in the Alpha(which I found very lacking last I looked which was a long time)

Does MJ deserve his lumps for the incompetent timeline?  Yes and he’s taken them like he should.  Are most people now comfortable that he will deliver SOMETHING? Yes.  Is anyone confident that it will be good or fun? Dunno.  I have my doubts based on what I’ve seen so far.

Keep in mind also that the basic CU design is pretty vanilla.  The main technical challenge is the massive battles... but the overall scope is much smaller than games like Star Citizen and COE.
    YashaXJamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Kyleran said:

cjmarsh said:
    Kyleran said:

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Slapshot1188 said:
    Are most people now comfortable that he will deliver SOMETHING? Yes. 
    This is everything.. because at one time, they weren't, just like all the other games in development.

If I would fault CoE for anything, it would be not hiding behind a nice sanitized PR face, which seems to be what has drawn all the butthurt ire.
    YashaXJamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.