Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CIG is working hard to implement VR

Comments

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Oh man these fan bois will rage so badly when its 2030 and the game wont be finished even by then
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2018
    Oh man these fan bois will rage so badly when its 2030 and the game wont be finished even by then
    Nah, in 2030 the haters will be raging about how Star Citizen 2 will fail and it will nevah release, it's the circle of life.
    kikoodutroa8
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    MaxBacon said:
    Nah, in 2030 the haters will be raging about how Star Citizen 2 will fail and it will nevah release, it's the circle of life.
    So they will start doing the second one without finishing the first :open_mouth:
    So they will start doing the second one without finishing the first :open_mouth:
    Nah that seems more the style of Ark Survival Evolved devs.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    The title makes it sound like VR is difficult to work with.

At least with 3d even if its not natively programmed, a video card can turn anything into 3d.

So it seems may be vr is getting little attention from video game manufacturers.

May be wait for n vidia to pick it up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=H7MgBfoDSdo

Supposedly it will need 7x more processing power than a regular game when in VR.

Something like that sounds like it would need nvidia to help adress that issue. Like they did with 4k.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

edited February 2018
    The title makes it sound like VR is difficult to work with.
    Oh the difficulty is not make VR possible, the difficulty is make VR a good experience, from walking around, FPS, EVA, the dogfighting, animations and so on, issues like motion sickness are real issues so one implementation has a bunch of things to deal with, otherwise it becomes something like the game supports VR but almost nobody will use it for the action-based type of play like dogfighting/FPS. But it can still be cool for exploration.
    Incomparable
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Elsabolts said:
    I wanna hear, CIG is working hard to finish the Game ?
    CIG is working hard to finish the Game!

Have fun
    You heard it straight from the rabbits mouth folks. He’s employed by CIG.
    Where did you get that idea ? ;-)

Elsabolts did not say anything about someone from CIG having to say that sentence ;-)

Have fun
    Well I doubt they care what some schmuck on the forums think and preferred to have it direct from someone at CIG since you know that’s what this thread is about. Since you seem to be so sure they are working hard to finish the game it stands to reason you’re an employee. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited February 2018
    Kefo said:
    Well I doubt they care what some schmuck on the forums think and preferred to have it direct from someone at CIG since you know that’s what this thread is about. Since you seem to be so sure they are working hard to finish the game it stands to reason you’re an employee. 
    So when i think (and state) that the Church is working hard, that makes me the pope (or a priest)?

I am not sure if I follow your logic ....

I have been playtesting this game for quite some time now. I have been at Gamescom and met CIG team members there. Talked to them. Know from these conversations that they are working hard. I SEE that they are working hard from an ever evolving Star Citizen. One does not have to be an employee to know that.

Have fun
    Darkpigeon
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    So when i think (and state) that the Church is working hard, that makes me the pope (or a priest)?

I have been playtesting this game for quite some time now. I have been at Gamescom and met CIG team members there. Talked to them. Know from these conversations that they are working hard. I SEE that they are working hard from an ever evolving Star Citizen. One does not have to be an employee to know that.

Have fun
    The church works hard??

Youre statement should have been I think CIG is working hard to finish the game. When you say CIG is working hard to finish the game that’s a definitive statement like you have first hand knowledge and only employees have that knowledge.
    Darkpigeon
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    MaxBacon said:
    I can totally imagine CIG announcing SC2 this year.
    Siug
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited February 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    I can totally imagine CIG announcing SC2 this year.
    Note sure who that says more about, CIG or you!...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun
    The church works hard??

Youre statement should have been I think CIG is working hard to finish the game. When you say CIG is working hard to finish the game that’s a definitive statement like you have first hand knowledge and only employees have that knowledge.
    Everyone that sees the evolution of Star Citizen from Zero to now has that knowledge. 

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun
    The church works hard??

Everyone that sees the evolution of Star Citizen from Zero to now has that knowledge. 

Have fun

I see a pretty game that has moved at a snails pace. I’ve seen indie teams with shoe string budgets create games that had more content and were fun to play faster then this.

If this is the pace then I feel bad for CIG because the competition is going to pass them by
    Kefo said:

If this is the pace then I feel bad for CIG because the competition is going to pass them by
    If this is true ... great !

More great space games for me to play !

Please link to these new great space games that will pass by Star Citizen in the near future !

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Please link to these new great space games that will pass by Star Citizen in the near future !

Have fun
    Did I say new space games? Please point out in my post where I said new space game. I’ll wait.
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun
    Did I say new space games? Please point out in my post where I said new space game. I’ll wait.

More great games for me to play !

Please link to these new great games that will pass by Star Citizen in the near future !

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun

Please link to these new great games that will pass by Star Citizen in the near future !

Have fun
    I think I broke the bot
    Kefo said:
    I think I broke the bot
    I think we are still waiting for you to post the links.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I think I broke the bot

Have fun
    I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said space games.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

Come on, boys, we don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited February 2018
    frostymug said:

Come on, boys, we don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
    Evidently Mr Frostymug is an educated man. Now I really hate him!
    frostymug
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I think I broke the bot

Have fun
    Where am i saying "SPACE" games here ?   ;-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I think I broke the bot

Have fun
    Where am i saying "SPACE" games here ?   ;-)

Have fun

Where you posted your reply above that one. I’m still waiting on that answer or you to say you were wrong instead of being lazy with your answers because you don’t like to admit you were wrong.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    I love the IDEA of Star Citizen, will be surprised if it ever hits the market - Hope it does, but wouldn't invest my money on imaginary plots of land just yet :P
    Kefo said:
    Where you posted your reply above that one. I’m still waiting on that answer or you to say you were wrong instead of being lazy with your answers because you don’t like to admit you were wrong.
    You do not have any information on great space games it seems ;-)

So i asked you about information you claim to have.

And i am still waiting for that information.

Which makes me suspect that you do not have THAT information either.

Have fun