Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Starts Today!

12346»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Dullahan said:
    Early alpha started in December. That video was cringy af.
    But still, the video was truthful and humorous.  Perhaps you should review the word 'parody'.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Sorry pre alpha anything does not excite me...Wake me when the game has actually launched (ie in 5-8 years)
    jimmywolf[Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Any announcements for beta?  I have access for that phase lol
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Mendel said:
    Dullahan said:
    Early alpha started in December. That video was cringy af.
    But still, the video was truthful and humorous.  Perhaps you should review the word 'parody'.

Wasn't funny at all, sorry.

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Honestly I think the term needs to change for the people who back games. This is a new age and being called and investor is not the right term, same with backer. I'm backing this game because I plan on buying it and I support the direction they are going with it yet I haven't put money on it yet. I think calling people who put money up this early donators would be more appropriate considering they wont be getting a return on investment, they are giving money and only waiting for a finished product. That's just my flu sick 2 cents way of thinking at this point lol.
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited February 2018
    I think merch would be great. Start with easy cheap printable/wearable items move up to collectibles, statues, dolls action figures if the game takes off.

"Did you like the new mount? Here is a detailed hand-crafted replica of it in a cool pose!...... only $75." :D

...... tickets to Pantheon LAN parties in every state!?

Many tried and true ways of making a little extra money without selling your soul to Loot Satan. A cash shop would just undermine the entire point of both making the game and buying into it. Cash Shops belong in other games... they fit right in with the instant gratification, damn near effortless, shallow loot piñata reward focused design of todays MMOs.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

mcrippins said:
    I'm just tired of all of this 'pre-alpha' stuff. What exactly is pre-alpha? Alpha is supposed to be the first phase of playable game development.
    They played the game since ages now and talked about it.

As a programmer I have no exact definition of when a program is "alpha". Theres no clear definition of this stage. Its just when I feel like it. Here is an alpha, stuff is still missing, bugs are to be expected, but you can already use it.

Beta, well, most stuff is there, and the bugs are clearing up, too.

Release candidate, now thats cleanly defined. A release candidate is a feature freeze. All features are in, all known bugs are fixed, now lets see if any new bugs still turn up.

And then theres release. Obviously there will still be bugs - there are always bugs - but the program is in working order.

And "pre-alpha", guess thats the phase when they prepare for going alpha. Its no longer a developer only experience.