Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WoW is a Labor of Love Between Blizzard & the Community - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    i have zero faith they will get this right and I'm pretty sure they'll make me sub to the current version of the game plus a sub for classic even if i only want to pay for classic.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Warzod said:

They shouldn't call it WoW Classic if they are going to change the formula. Has Coca-Cola taught them nothing?

I get the joke but on a serious side it sounds like they truly want to keep the formula but also fill the game out befitting a more complete stand alone product. This will scare many but there are serious issues in vanilla that inhibit it's sustainability. The possible changes hinted at (at least through the poll and reflection of it's answers) is to diversify the vanilla concept and far less about changing it.

Sounds like Blizzard will be seeking far more information from it's fans before finalizing anything so likely lots of time to provide further consumer side influence. They WILL have to appear to both live Wow fans interested in Classic and vanilla emulator fans so compromises must occur so players need to come to terms with this.
    [Deleted User]

You stay sassy!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    JemAs666 said:
    "Announcing Classic servers early was a good move by Blizzard.  They're now the good guys again!"

Except for the current Rep grinds people are complaining about because they want to just play the new Allied Races  :p 
    The reqs for Allied Races seemed to be more effort than it's worth to me.

It sure is a divisive thing isn't it? Some players are crying to the moon and back over the rep grinds while many others have quietly gone about getting exalted since Blizzcon.   
    More than I thought it would.

To me, if I eventually unlock the races, cool.
      Maybe I'll use one for a new alt.  However, it didn't seem to be a big enough deal to me to warrant going out of my way to farm for it.

That's the only real beef I can pick with it, honestly: the reward doesn't seem to justify the reqs.  The Allied Races will be unique all of about two weeks before there's so many of them running around it may as well be a classic race.
    Jamar870

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I do not understand all this nostalgia for old Wow.  I have already done classic Wow with multiple characters.  I have zero urge to do it again.  I agree with others though that Legion is a huge pain in the rear and stopped playing that soon after release.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    i have zero faith they will get this right and I'm pretty sure they'll make me sub to the current version of the game plus a sub for classic even if i only want to pay for classic.
    If they charged $15 a month for both, they'd be getting $15 more a month from me then they are getting now.
    RolanStorm[Deleted User]deniter

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited February 2018
    deniter said:

We should stop thinking WoW:Classic as a recreation of an old game and see it more like a tribute to the original WoW. After this interview it should be obvious to everyone the game will be like vanilla WoW enhanced edition rather than re-launch of the old game.
    *nods* Yes. This. Exactly. Stop thinking you get the same game, guys. Also someone made very valid point about scorpions. I hope they make some minor adjustments.

Thing is there is no reason for me to hate current WoW. It's just... Protagonist became too much of a high-level at all terms. Known everywhere, owns a keep and own army, etc. It is fun.

But the fun I want being back one of the guys. Also I did not like talent system kill and I'd really want for trainer and other NPC to make sense again. I do not need vanilla WoW to play for nostalgia - I joined at Burning Crusade and made up to Mists of Pandaria when I figured out I am done. I want another experience with WoW. They made up for talents kill with new system now, yes - but when they stripped them it it was a punch in the throat. Wasn't much of a min/maxer myself still loved to play here and there with talents.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Blizzard wanting to "work with the community"..ROFL! What a load of bollocks. It's just a lame justification for announcing the project way too early at an otherwise completely dull and uneventful Blizzcon. You people are so gullible...
    josko9DrunkWolf
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited February 2018
    Keep in mind that if Blizzard tries to monetize this with a subscription there will be a huge outrage, vanilla servers are popular because they are free (and yet they are still nowhere near as popular as BC or WotLK servers).

You can't expect people to pay a full subscription price for only vanilla content, with no plans on delivering more of it every quarter. 5$ sub for a vanilla server would be a nice trade-off tbh, but I'm kinda skeptical, this is Bli$$ard after all.

I know it's still at least a year away if not more, but I really believe this will be a massive fail. WoW is already in decline as it is, vanilla won't suddenly bring people back. MMO gamers today are not the same as in 2004. 
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    josko9 said:
    Keep in mind that if Blizzard tries to monetize this with a subscription there will be a huge outrage, vanilla servers are popular because they are free (and yet they are still nowhere near as popular as BC or WotLK servers).

You can't expect people to pay a full subscription price for only vanilla content, with no plans on delivering more of it every quarter. 5$ sub for a vanilla server would be a nice trade-off tbh, but I'm kinda skeptical, this is Bli$$ard after all.

I know it's still at least a year away if not more, but I really believe this will be a massive fail. WoW is already in decline as it is, vanilla won't suddenly bring people back. MMO gamers today are not the same as in 2004. 
    Why you assume Blizzard won't combine entry to Classic and Live under the same sub is beyond me.

The interest for vanilla is real. You would understand this if you knew the history behind why Classic is even coming. Your prediction goes against all current data points.
    deniterlaserit

You stay sassy!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I agree with Torval and Tamanous

I'd bet money that Classic will just be included with a current WoW sub.
    [Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee