Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO that is sandbox with player crafted gear with large population

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
Playing Albion online atm its not too bad mostly PvP though not much PvE looking for something similar with an active population and player housing ect.

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    So why not try ESO, it has both player housing, player made gear, and lots of PvE with a good deal of PvP(if you're into that sort of thing).  Player made gear is as good as any you'll find in dungeons.  My sorc doesn't even wear or use dungeon found gear or weapons.  All her stuff is made by her in game.
    MrMelGibsonjosko9Phaserlight
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    BDO? I think it has player made gear.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Teala said:
    So why not try ESO, it has both player housing, player made gear, and lots of PvE with a good deal of PvP(if you're into that sort of thing).  Player made gear is as good as any you'll find in dungeons.  My sorc doesn't even wear or use dungeon found gear or weapons.  All her stuff is made by her in game.
    "MMO that is sandbox"
    Phaserlightsumdumguy1
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Tiller said:
    Teala said:
    "MMO that is sandbox"
    As if such a thing actually exists, at least not with a large population. (Except EVE of course)

He's likely to have better luck trying to captue unicorns....
    [Deleted User]pantarocjmarsh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DzikuniDzikuni Member UncommonPosts: 38
    https://darkfallnewdawn.com launch is January 26. Its 10yo game but its rdy, all bugs/exploits are fixed. This version is really solid.

https://lifeisfeudal.com/ its in open beta, but number of problem this game have is not small. Lags, exploits, bugs etc

ubermut
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:
    Teala said:
    "MMO that is sandbox"
    As if such a thing actually exists, at least not with a large population. (Except EVE of course)

been looking for years,every now and than i just give up and go back to eve for a month lol
    cjmarshKyleran
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall is kind of similar (nah, its way better) just launched New Dawn the newest version of the game. Its populated and things are getting interesting with localized banking.
    Phaserlightubermut

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    It may not meet your bar for what's considered a "large" population... but Vendetta Online is fairly unique in the MMO space and worth a look if you are at all a fan of the genre.  It shares some odd parallels with Albion Online, like being available cross-platform between mobile and PC in the same online space since 2011 (despite the weirdly persistent claims of AO's devs at being the first game to accomplish such).  There are also player-manufactured items of many different tiers and a thriving player to player economy.  No housing, though.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    OP you will fine none.   There are games coming up that fill this area in Ashes of Creation is going to be the main one.  
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    danwest58 said:
    OP you will fine none.
    Translation: "I haven't found any."  Free your mind, @danwest58
    sumdumguy1

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:
    Teala said:
    "MMO that is sandbox"

Agreed, but I love how poor Eve is always a second class citizen...
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Yes Life is Feudal MMO is one of the only titles on the genre that you can truly call sandbox. But is a niche of its own because it's driven by PvP.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    danwest58 said:
    OP you will fine none.
    Translation: "I haven't found any."  Free your mind, @danwest58
    I know what the OP is looking for.   Unless you go with 10+ year old games like UO, VO, or others there are no new MMORPG that are sandbox MMORPGS like these old MMORPGS.   LoA will be one that is releasing soon.
    ubermut