Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a MMO, please

2»

Comments

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,206
    ubermut said:
    Darkfall New Dawn just released.  They completely reworked darkfall to play more like EvE.  You're relatively safe around people of your race, but can raid others territories.  They are doing Land control for guilds.  All crafted items were removed from drops so crafters matter.  Banks were localized, added markets which are also local only so trade is encouraged.  They added specialization so everyone can't be everything at the same time, so you don't feel the need to grind all 100 spells etc.  It's pretty cheap to check out and they finally are moving past inital launch bugs.  Game launched jan 26  

Thanks, that sounds promising - I will try it.
    Pindelfix
    Tested, the graphics and the combat mechanisms are terrible in DND. Looking forward for another game. 
    PindelfixYashaX
  • PindelfixPindelfix Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Albion Online
    Its gonna get its 3rd pathc in 2-3 weeks. 'Lancelot' will bring more solo content and various QoL improovements for guilds. Fishing will also be an important thing. Those are a few features. I guess they will reveal everythign once it hits the PTR. Albion has a very healthy palyerbase due to some mechanisms the Devs implemented with the KAY-patch.

It can be bought for 28, 50, 99 bucks (prices vary a bit). Its B2P with an optional subscription, OR you buy the subscription with ingame farming. Both works. I bought the middle edition with 3 premium months in sum and never had to use cash again.
  • metalsmmetalsm Member UncommonPosts: 31
    ubermut said:
    Darkfall New Dawn just released.  They completely reworked darkfall to play more like EvE.  You're relatively safe around people of your race, but can raid others territories.  They are doing Land control for guilds.  All crafted items were removed from drops so crafters matter.  Banks were localized, added markets which are also local only so trade is encouraged.  They added specialization so everyone can't be everything at the same time, so you don't feel the need to grind all 100 spells etc.  It's pretty cheap to check out and they finally are moving past inital launch bugs.  Game launched jan 26  

Definitely check out this one.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,958
    ArcheAge has some PvE content such as the Kracken and some dungeons, but Black Desert Online really doesn't have much to offer other than daily and weekly boss kills as far as I remember. If you want truly meaningful PvE content, Final Fantasy XIV is a good choice, but lets be honest. Unless you are already part of an established guild or join one, it doesn't matter what you play.
    YashaXanemo

• Hasen19Hasen19 Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited February 2018
    I need a good MMO too 
    I've tried Final Fantasy, Black Desert, Nerverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Aion and none of them convince me

I liked WoW a lot but it's subscription and I do not have much money to pay it

I also play Lord of the Rings online and I liked it a lot but I eliminated my character and I regretted it and I feel lazy to recreate a new character

So now I'm looking for a good mmo

I do not care if it's 2D or 3D I just want a good game to get addicted
    for now I will try to play ArcheAge, Mortal Online, Knight Online, and Eldevin

But I am willing to listen to recommendations

It seems we are late in the world of MMOrpg OP

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 631
    ikcin said:

I’m searching for a multiplayer online game with fantasy lore, and I mean really multiplayer, but not a massive solo online game. I’ve tried many like AA, GW2, BDO, Darkensang, and etc. And I have an issue with all of them. They are too focused on the solo grind, but multiplayer part is very limited like raid bosses or meaningless PvP. L2 before GoD was cool, but it is very outdated now. I would like a game where the PvP and the PvE are linked, and both lead to progression trough multiplayer gameplay. Game where the guilds matter and people really play and socialize with other players. Is there such a game among the vast number of MSOs, called MMOs?

Sorry dude.  MMOs are dead.
    josko9

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I'd suggest ESO for anyone looking for a new MMO, even if you're one of the players that was turned off at launch. It has the most potential for growth among all MMOs out there.

Traditional MMOs as we used to know them are dying, so your best best is a modern mmoRPG and nobody does it anywhere near as good as ESO (ZOS). It might not be a traditional themepark MMO, but it's still a well-rounded game, there is literally something for every kind of a player, and it also has probably the best PvP experience of this decade (would rank at the top if they'd optimize the game better). 

Either way you've got nothing to lose, the base game is cheap anyway.
  • AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited February 2018
    Not familiar with the term MSO. explain please

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• skadadskadad Member UncommonPosts: 392
    ESO has animation cancelling and scaling so its out. DND is not in a good state atm :( 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 10,117
    Age of Wushu. It’s still going. Check it out OP.
  • GuizeeGuizee Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Well well, there's nothing I could recommend you according to your, uh, standards. I really like separated PvP and PvE, that's why I keep playing GW2. 

bcbully said:
    I have to warn the OP: I've played this game since it's initial open beta and this game, as many asian MMOs, is heavily p2w (pay to win). The game is dying and the only people left are whales or people who farmed hardly since game's launch. PvP isn't fluid and drama is real. VIP costs US$10 for a month and you can't craft without VIP. Don't try this game man.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 314
    pause for mmo, try good old rpg game! :)  i've returned to ff14 and eve, never find something else good ( dont go to shiny like BDO, albion etc)
    edited February 2018
    Guizee said:
    Well well, there's nothing I could recommend you according to your, uh, standards. I really like separated PvP and PvE, that's why I keep playing GW2. 

bcbully said:
    I have to warn the OP: I've played this game since it's initial open beta and this game, as many asian MMOs, is heavily p2w (pay to win). The game is dying and the only people left are whales or people who farmed hardly since game's launch. PvP isn't fluid and drama is real. VIP costs US$10 for a month and you can't craft without VIP. Don't try this game man.

I actually preordered GW2. It was short time after L2 became GoD. And I was totally disappointed - 3 separated games covered behind one label - short solo story, dump AI, and random PvP made like PvE grind. Only the dungeons in GW2 worth it. Honestly, after few years experience with other so called MMOs, I do not think anymore GW2 is so bad. But definitely I want a better game.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,881
    edited February 2018
    I think you need a rest from MMOs Ikcin, I have done that a couple of times before my self, you need to recharge your MMO batteries.
    cjmarsh

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 35,979
    I enjoyed the New Dawn Trailer, might consider giving it a shot once the launch jitters settledown.

Kudos to their sense of humor, opening with "The Original Vaporware", got a chuckle out of me.

;)
    cjmarsh

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon