Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - Frankfurt Studio Update on Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - Frankfurt Studio Update on Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

If you've been looking to learn more about the Star Citizen tie-in Squadron 42, this week's Around the Verse will be fascinating. The Frankfurt Studio is hard at work to bring the game to life by developing visual and engine effects, as well as working on weapons and performance features as well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    They work so hard! Bring the game to live .. erm , I mean life !
    Viper482

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I keep waiting for MMORPG.com to do an honest story about the real development progress on this game. I have no axe to grind here. I do think however instead of continually spending development dollars on new ships they should be spending them on bring the persistent universe and game to a non-alpha stage.
    ScotchUpOctagon7711Viper482MaxBacongoobsnews

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2018
    I keep waiting for MMORPG.com to do an honest story about the real development progress on this game. I have no axe to grind here. I do think however instead of continually spending development dollars on new ships they should be spending them on bring the persistent universe and game to a non-alpha stage.
    The real honest story is about SC development is the development is a lie and all they do is spend all the money making ships. :)

This development update is clearly fabricated and not real. MMORPG.com is part of a conspiracy to hide the real development progress.

One could say the new ships that they continue to do and sell are what continuously funds the development of the persistent universe (and SQ42), but that's obviously not true and not logical.

> Context
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Viper482TalonsinShadowStyleB
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    The pre-alpha to the alpha which is in pre-alpha will be available once we sell $342,500,000 worth of pictures of ships that neither exist in real life or in the game at this time. But we did make a video tour of it!
    goobsnews
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    the game is due out in 20XX.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Don't worry, everyone.  Once they're done refactoring their pipelines, development is really going to speed up!

...yeesh, 2018 roadmap looks pretty barren and even then I don't expect them to reach the majority of their roadmap milestones.
    Darkpigeon
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    edited February 2018
    Ohhhh they are waiting for their backers to die! Clever!
    KyleranShadowStyleBkitarad

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Always very busy working.....just not so busy delivering.....
    IceAgeShadowStyleB

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited February 2018
    Like I've been saying for the past... what, now... 4-5 years.

Star Citizen was NEVER meant to be a complete game.

The whole point is to deliver a SciFi space sim SDK, they can license to other companies to make their own games upon.

Explains why Chris is his cohorts get evil robot chubby, hard on's about making visual effects, audio sound tracks, ship assets, etc... but NEVER a complete game.
    ShadowStyleBDarkpigeon
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

LurchUSA said:

Like I've been saying for the past... what, now... 4-5 years.

Star Citizen was NEVER meant to be a complete game.

The whole point is to deliver a SciFi space sim SDK, they can license to other companies to make their own games upon.

Explains why Chris is his cohorts get evil robot chubby, hard on's about making visual effects, audio sound tracks, ship assets, etc... but NEVER a complete game.

Most interesting theory so far, keep em coming

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    rensta said:
    Ohhhh they are waiting for their backers to die! Clever!
    One of the first things they ever talked about was their "Death of a Spaceman" idea. Perhaps it was the one time CIG were honest with their backers?
    sgel