Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMO do you think have BEST/MOST FUN Endgame Grind ?

2»

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    No such thing. It's always raiding or pvp. Neither of which are appealing in the least. 
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    How is it possible to do this poll and leave DAOC out of it?  Of all games with the best end game content DAOC has to be at the very top, the only reason why it wouldn't receive the majority of the votes is because most people on these forums aren't old enough to remember it.

DAOC end game content didn't need any developer interaction, the players created the content/drama and it was never ending.  Every night, every freaking night something new and different was going on and it kept you busy all night.  So many different ways to play the game so many different things to do.

It's sad that the gaming world is forgetting what this game brought to the table.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I think Fun Grind is an oxymoron personally.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    The problem with most MMO's, is that, as time progresses, they get expansions and the like, their End Game becomes limited to those expansions as opposed to "The Expansion and the Rest of the Game"

As such, most older and successful MMO's will have less and less diversity among their end game.

The other problem is, is that all End Game is Grind, Since there is nothing more for you to do, you have come to the end of the "game" and now play on repeat of some form or another.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    At various times I was in love with LotRO's endgame, but mostly during Shadow of Angmar.

I loved the Rift of Nurz Ghashu. It is easily the best raid I've ever played through and I was lucky enough to have an awesome guild to do it with. Final boss was a balrog which was just awesome. At the same time, PvP in LotRO was great fun and there were a load of 6man dungeons so there was just tons to do at endgame. 

After vanilla, LotRO's endgame kinda sucked. 

I also loved SWG. As others mentioned, there wasn't really an endgame, just the game. Still, I enjoyed mastering professions whilst attempting to unlock jedi (I never did). I particularly loved the geonosian caves, spent so many nights in there, not even camping acklay, just wandering about because I enjoyed the place! I was also in love with rancors, so spent a hell of a lot of time grinding missions on Dath. I never got into PvP back then, but wish I had!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    DMKano said:
    For me an end game grind has to be faced paced, enjoyable and very much ARPG like (where you blow up 100s of mobs really fast).

So the key is a super short TTK - so - BDO, EQ1 (swarming) get my vote. 
    Swarming in EQ  takes skill and causes carpel tunnel before long.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Swarm kiting in EQ with a Bard was pretty stressful.  You had to keep the mobs right on top of you to damage them and couldn't really afford to look behind you and see what was going on.  If you got hit you could die fairly quickly.  Especially with the chain stun by multiple mobs.  Sometimes they wandered off and brought friends.  More often then not they would end up running at different speeds depending on how much life they had left.