Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Kingdom Come Deliverance - Lore Revealed - A Blacksmith's Tale

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Kingdom Come Deliverance - Lore Revealed - A Blacksmith's Tale

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Works now. Back end system borked. :D
    Sovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    I heard about this game about a year ago and then completely forgot about it until I saw in-game footage a few weeks back.

The game looks amazing and I can't wait to play. I only wish it were an MMORPG minus the fast-travel feature.
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This game looks surprisingly awesome.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sometimes when things look too good to be true, they usually are...Sounds like the theme of 2017.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Looks interesting but I think I'll wait for the reviews.
    [Deleted User]AlomarNildeninfomatzcjmarsh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited February 2018
    god damn this game completely fell off the map in the last 6 months or so. i was starting to think they might have cancelled it.

hopefully the complex melee combat doesn't end up feeling rooted and restrictive. its always very hard to make combat feel deep and complex but also fluid and responsive. as far as eye candy it looks very nice ala Witcher type RPG.
    Alomar
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'm not a fan of first person melee combat at all. Unless this one has a third person mode, I'll probably give it a hard pass.
  • JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 36
    No 3rd person view... not for me...:(
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Why all the hate for first person games? Haven't you ever played Golden Eye?
    --------------------------------------------
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I don't like first person games much either, but I will probably give this one a try at some point. Seems like it is going to require a lot of attention though considering the game mechanics.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Aeander said:
    I'm not a fan of first person melee combat at all. Unless this one has a third person mode, I'll probably give it a hard pass.
    Jasonos said:
    No 3rd person view... not for me...:(
    When it comes to MMOs I tend to agree.

But I have played all the Elder Scrolls games in first person. They actually feel better played that way... all except ESO - not just because it's an MMO but because it unlike the single player ES games was designed as a 3rd person game. It feels better to me in 3rd person.

This game is designed as 1st person including some visual handicaps for wearing plate helmets that impair your vision somewhat. Locked first person view won't be the reason why I get it or pass on it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MossdabMossdab Member UncommonPosts: 12
    No 3rd person... no deal for me.
    I dont understand why the Devs dont make the games in 3rd person with the option of 1st, satisfying both adepts.
    In my country we say " is like to kill two rabbit with one shot".
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Would be better as a movie.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.