Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Alumicard said:
    3.1 is already on Evo? I thought that would be release in March/April.
    I will ask my Avocado buddies over the weekend.

He wrote 3.1  Could have been a typo for 3.0.1 

Will see.

Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Alumicard said:

Would love to confirm all the features but sadly the link to the latest schedule report throws a 404

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/Schedule-report-05012018

I tried to overwrite the UEE suggestion but the they only left me with one choice so why even ask if you just redirect me to the hp anyway? If you want to make your website a game at least give the gamer a choice...

But at least the bitcoin adress that is linked in the same thread is valid. The post you find via Google, Star Citizen Roadmap 2018, top post
    It was 3.0.1 indeed, the schedule report moved to the roadmap.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Babuinix said:
    ATV Frankfurt Office aka Magic Germans

Dopamine version (Only video):

Oh sweetness god....SQ42 is going to be epic indeed.

Hmmm the planet surface vegetation looks a little bit outdated.
    But maybe just first iteration.

I am looking for this kind of quality :)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Lovely forest but it's only an interactive demo, I'm afraid they wont let you play with your friends and seamless fly a space ship to the nearest moon, or have fps fights in eva for that matter.

Pity really, shows great potential of the unity engine nonetheless.

I am looking for this kind of quality :)

Now that'd be amazing, when you make one isolated demo so many things are possible, then the whole game, mechanics, the multiplayer aspect and the scale rolls in, and it's not longer viable to achieve.

I think it shall win more on the dynamic and simulation, stuff like the weather simulation, day and night cycles and so on. Also fauna seems interesting because the AI simulation and behavior they create (that Sims like AI) to put in play in the fauna can be quite interesting to see playing how it's made to interact with everything else.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Babuinix said:
    Lovely forest but it's only an interactive demo, I'm afraid they wont let you play with your friends and seamless fly a space ship to the nearest moon, or have fps fights in eva for that matter.

Pity really, shows great potential of the unity engine nonetheless.
    Oh the irony, guys please...
    Pingu2012
    One of the more realistic solutions lie on things as that discussion about LOD's and so when it comes to flora talking about jungles and dense areas

Sort of technology that they can look at to achieve results as that on the necessary scale.

edited February 2018
    This is fun, one would think it is a bug...
    https://streamable.com/stcih

But he didn't realize he actually ran out of fuel and crashed into a moon lol :D 
    Babuinix

Greetings Citizens,

Right before the weekend, we updated the Live servers to Alpha 3.0.1. You can read the full patch notes here. Thank you to everyone who logged in this weekend to help provide feedback on the Issue Council and Spectrum.

With that, let’s see what’s going on this week:

Monday: This week on Calling All Devs, we discuss the the golf ball bug, the Redeemer and the future of mission giver Tessa Bannister. You can watch the episode here.

Tuesday: The Lore Team explores the Kellog System in an all new Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. All Lore content is released on Tuesdays with something different every week, so make sure to check out the 2018 Lore Release Schedule here.

Thursday: Around the Verse dives deep into weapon balance this week. Get all the latest info on ship weapons and how the team designs them.

Friday: Make sure to tune in to our Twitch Channel at 8AM PST/4PM UTC for a new episode of Reverse the Verse. Joining us this week is John Crewe Andy Nicholson to answer all of your questions about weapon balance.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

Tyler Nolin
    Community Manager

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16403-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

Look at updates Port Olisar is to get in the future, I think is cooler to make it look more like a modern sort of airport like that.
    Development RoadMap 2018

Latest ATV:

Q&A

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited February 2018
    Erillion said:
    Alumicard said:
    I will ask my Avocado buddies over the weekend.

He wrote 3.1  Could have been a typo for 3.0.1 

Will see.

Have fun
     so what did your buddies say? Thx for letting us know that you arent Evo.

edit: sry your friend in evo. you said he wrote
    edit2: your buddy told you about evo stuff, after he signed the NDA. Shouldnt you report him and make cig remove his assets and ban him? also there might be a  claim in civil court. A true citizen would report it! /s
    It was 3.0.1

I have already posted here in the past that i have not applied for Evocati. One needs quite a bit of spare time to be a dedicated Evocati tester.

Have fun

Calling All Devs - Org Tools & Mag Boots

• ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited February 2018
    @Babuinix ,

That Reclaimer segment was cool as hell.  Watching that land on Olisar and the moons is going to be awe inspiring.
    Post edited by Arillix on
    Babuinix
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Development roadmap:
    1) Try to sell you 1,000 new ship models before the end of the year. Same as every other year.
    2) Polish the shooter game.
    3) Get started on the space MMO that was originally promised. Sometime, in the future.

(I'm still bitter about the ship sales spamming my inbox since I backed the kickstarter)
    ZandogDarkpigeon
    cjmarsh said:
    Development roadmap:
    1) Try to sell you 1,000 new ship models before the end of the year. Same as every other year.
    2) Polish the shooter game.
    3) Get started on the space MMO that was originally promised. Sometime, in the future.

(I'm still bitter about the ship sales spamming my inbox since I backed the kickstarter)
    Why don't you "unsubscribe from this list" on the lower bottom of those emails and avoid the spam?

edited February 2018
    New Bugsmashers ep.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Update...

More ships for sale,more work going into cash shop than the game.

Everything is FOR SALE but guess what,you do not own that purchase just a license to use it as CIG sees fit...have fun.
    ScotchUpDarkpigeon

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Update...

More ships for sale,more work going into cash shop than the game.

Everything is FOR SALE but guess what,you do not own that purchase just a license to use it as CIG sees fit...have fun.
    Salty & Ignorant remarks wont close those open wounds, understanding crowdfunding & game development might help though.

Around the Verse - The Vulcan Hello

Darkpigeon
    Aegis Vulcan

A beginners repair ship with drones.

"Make versatility a reality with the 2948 Vulcan from Aegis Dynamics. A support ship redefining the three R’s to mean -- Refuel. Repair. Rearm. 

Refuel stranded ships or top off those toeing the line. Industrious design from famed Aegis engineer Parnell Rowan means the Vulcan is ready to work for you. Whether on a refueling run or hauling supplies in the rear cargo hold, the word that might best embody the Vulcan is resourceful. 

Repair damaged ships without risking a spacewalk. The Vulcan comes standard with BARD drones and support stations to oversee repairs. Built in drone launchers put their deployment and repair right at your fingertips. Another tool on the Vulcan’s versatile utility belt. 

Rearm others when needed most. Balancing fire power and protection, the Vulcan holds its own in a scrap. Countless UEE Navy pilots can attest to its capabilities, as the ship has been a battlefield staple for centuries."

Have fun