Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many hours have you put into Fallout 4?

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
edited February 2018 in General Gaming
I'm currently at 857 hours.
I got up to 400 hours when they made survival, and survival has slowed everything down. I ran a character up to level 100 in survival and the save game bugged. I now have a new character with no mods on survival at level 133. A few bugs are now occurring but no save game corruptions.
I am going for a Cleansing the Commonwealth goal. Going to kill the Railroad with the Brotherhood; Betray the Brotherhood with the Institute; Before destroying the brotherhood, make enemies with the Institute; Blow up the Institute with the Minutemen, then eliminate the Brotherhood with Artillery; Betray the Minutemen by becoming Overboss; Then kill all the Gangs in Nuka World; Finally ending by nuking the Children of Atom and letting the Fog invade Far Harbor. With all these factions out of the way, we could finally rebuild the Commonwealth better underground.
KyleranlaxieGrunty[Deleted User]freakky

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    bartoni33

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Yeah, I'll have to go with 0 as well.

Not that it doesn't seem like a great game but I lose interest in post apocalyptic and Sci Fi games really quickly unless the sci fi game is a 4X game.

I put 2 hours in Fallout 3 and then called it quits.

in contrast I have 1415 hours in Skyrim and 144 in the Special Edition.
    Avarix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited February 2018
    1041. I actually put in 900+ before purchasing any DLC.
    [Deleted User]

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    25 hours, Iv struggled to play this game with any consistency over the years. Not hating on the game either i think its good, For what ever reason though it has failed to hook me.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    A few. It just didn't hold me.
    beebop500
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Finvega said:
    A few. It just didn't hold me.
    I lasted about 3.  I'm the same way, I just never liked it.  It was a little depressing because Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever.  Who knows.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I managed 45 hours before stopping. 

Joined - July 2004

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited February 2018
    About 100h, most of it was just trying to build settlements and connect them.

I actually like the idea about building settlements, it adds a lot of depth to any game. Sadly in FO4 it's just a very poor attempt at it. It's bad even with all the settlement mods. Just look over at 7 days to die, they do it so much better, and that's coming from indie developers.

Skyrim and FO4 are just games where I get bored very quickly. Immersive world yeah, but with no substance, which is why ESO is so much better for me. I prefer high quality content over full freedom any day.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    After 54 hours I went for the nuclear option.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    287. I have a similar number for Skyrim. A lot of this has been increased because of the lack of good MMORPG's over the past decade. All of my single player RPG's have seen significant increases in hours.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Not really my kind of game, watched a few youtube videos of it more as a matter of curiousity than out of any desire to find out more about the game with a view to purchasing it. :/
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited February 2018
    2-3 hours
    I dont know why but single player games are just boring and i am unable to play more than a few hours on each
    josko9 said:

I actually like the idea about building settlements, it adds a lot of depth to any game. Sadly in FO4 it's just a very poor attempt at it. It's bad even with all the settlement mods. Just look over at 7 days to die, they do it so much better, and that's coming from indie developers.

Skyrim and FO4 are just games where I get bored very quickly. Immersive world yeah, but with no substance, which is why ESO is so much better for me. I prefer high quality content over full freedom any day.
    I'm kind of the opposite there, I think Elder Scrolls Online's content, while good in the context of a themepark mmo, is a bit dreadful. I'd rather have that full freedom of the Elder Scrolls single player games.

However! I do think you have hit the nail on the head as far as the problems with those games. They're good up until the point that one starts to run up against their severe deficiencies.

They are very detail oriented up until the point that detail can really matter and then they fall off.

I can't speak in terms of the Fallout games as, like I said, they just didn't grab me. However, using Skyrim as an example, at some point there is no reason to go into a weapons store. Or visit the clothing store.

want to be a bard? Well, the quest for the Bard's college has nothing to do with being a Bard (luckily someone made a mod that helps with that).

Leader of the Mage's College? Don't really need to be a mage.

The Civil War bit was great but didn't really feel like it affected the world other than having people talk about it. I mean, in story telling, there is the "show don't tell" idea. But we are told more often than being shown. Only a few times do we see any conflict.

I actually like the whole "Dragon thing" as I like the iconic "black and white" save the world from the evil story lines.

but other than Helgen being destroyed and one tower, we don't really feel the devastation that "dragons returning to the world" can bring.

I'm not sure if it's just my game but Dragon's don't seem to attack the major holds. Yet, if you open the maps up in the construction set you can see that there are dragon landing markers in the large holds.

We don't really see towns being evacuated because of dragon attacks or even the civil war. It's all very surfacy, all being told but not shown.

That's something that Bethesda needs to learn about. I bet the Fallout games suffer from some of that though I don't know if the Fallout games solves any of that.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Over 700 hours and I haven't finished the story line.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    im at 237 hours, really would be so much more if there wasnt any settlement building/minuteman crap in it. it just doesnt feel right in this game and even with the simsettlements mod, i can only barely stand it.
    Gisrie said:
    im at 237 hours, really would be so much more if there wasnt any settlement building/minuteman crap in it. it just doesnt feel right in this game and even with the simsettlements mod, i can only barely stand it.
    Do you have to do settlements? I mean, Bethesda's games are pretty open. If one doesn't want to do something one generally doesn't have to.

Unless of course in Fallout 4 one "has to". In which case that feels sort of odd.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    702. I only played about 100 hours or so before survival, as I feel that's the best way to experience the game (New Vegas as well). Heavily modded, focused on building, completed all of the DLC's save for the Mechanist or whatever. Fallout 4 gets a bad wrap, but with the right supplemental features, combined with the art style, animations, sound design, refined gun play, and the universe of the story, I still find myself wanting to come back from time to time to try new things. Granted, it's far and away from what I would expect of the RPG elements, which is why I also still play New Vegas, and I'm waiting with reserved expectations for the full conversions of New Vegas for the Fallout 4 engine. Here's hoping.
    [Deleted User]

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Cleffy said:
    I'm currently at 857 hours.
    I got up to 400 hours when they made survival, and survival has slowed everything down. I ran a character up to level 100 in survival and the save game bugged. I now have a new character with no mods on survival at level 133. A few bugs are now occurring but no save game corruptions.
    I am going for a Cleansing the Commonwealth goal. Going to kill the Railroad with the Brotherhood; Betray the Brotherhood with the Institute; Before destroying the brotherhood, make enemies with the Institute; Blow up the Institute with the Minutemen, then eliminate the Brotherhood with Artillery; Betray the Minutemen by becoming Overboss; Then kill all the Gangs in Nuka World; Finally ending by nuking the Children of Atom and letting the Fog invade Far Harbor. With all these factions out of the way, we could finally rebuild the Commonwealth better underground.
    Only 205 here. It's been a while since I played it but you've just put the thought in my head :)

PS. You'd make a good politician.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I am doing the Stream Fallout 4 Free Weekend (thru Sunday).  This is a game I really should like, but the controls are based around a FPS layout, and I royally reek at those.  So, I get killed a lot more by Radroaches and puny things like that, and tend to use 10 bullets when 1 should do.  In a game with limited ammo, that's not a good thing.

It's a bit of fun so far, and I love the story line.  I managed to get outside and (professionally) ransacked the home neighborhood.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Maybe 100~ on PS4.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    700+ but most of this was in 15-2016. Haven't booted up my Nora and dogmeat in a while. Wonder how they are doing.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381
    None I have never played any of the fallout games....:( 

Am I really missing a good thing?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Around 30 min

pantaro

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Sovrath said:
    josko9 said:

I'm kind of the opposite there, I think Elder Scrolls Online's content, while good in the context of a themepark mmo, is a bit dreadful. I'd rather have that full freedom of the Elder Scrolls single player games.

However! I do think you have hit the nail on the head as far as the problems with those games. They're good up until the point that one starts to run up against their severe deficiencies.

They are very detail oriented up until the point that detail can really matter and then they fall off.

I can't speak in terms of the Fallout games as, like I said, they just didn't grab me. However, using Skyrim as an example, at some point there is no reason to go into a weapons store. Or visit the clothing store.

want to be a bard? Well, the quest for the Bard's college has nothing to do with being a Bard (luckily someone made a mod that helps with that).

Leader of the Mage's College? Don't really need to be a mage.

The Civil War bit was great but didn't really feel like it affected the world other than having people talk about it. I mean, in story telling, there is the "show don't tell" idea. But we are told more often than being shown. Only a few times do we see any conflict.

I actually like the whole "Dragon thing" as I like the iconic "black and white" save the world from the evil story lines.

but other than Helgen being destroyed and one tower, we don't really feel the devastation that "dragons returning to the world" can bring.

I'm not sure if it's just my game but Dragon's don't seem to attack the major holds. Yet, if you open the maps up in the construction set you can see that there are dragon landing markers in the large holds.

We don't really see towns being evacuated because of dragon attacks or even the civil war. It's all very surfacy, all being told but not shown.

That's something that Bethesda needs to learn about. I bet the Fallout games suffer from some of that though I don't know if the Fallout games solves any of that.
    Tbh I don't look at ESO as a themepark, it's sort of a mix up between sandbox and themepark. It definitively offers way more freedom than other themepark MMOs on the market. It's really hard to put ESO next to the other traditional MMOs like WoW, because they are simply that different. It doesn't even seem like a game within the same genre.

As for Skyrim, most of the storylines were quite bad if you ask me, especially if you try to compare it to ESO or TW3..I suppose it makes sense, as Sandbox games basically let you "write" your own story, and don't offer much of a meaningful content. Until we get to the point where technology advances and you see how much your actions affect the world (not scripted), I'll still pick a bit more linear but heavy story driven experiences over sandbox games any day. 

I'm going through bioware games over the past few months, simply because I was wondering if they are really that bad as the internet seems to thing. Hell they are amazing, even Andromeda. Right now I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I'm just blown away by the story, might be the best game I've ever played, even beats TW3 for me. Cinematics should really become a standard in RPGs, and nobody seems to do them as well as Bioware.