Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GGG Teasing Out 3.2.0 & What They Have to Say About It - The Exiled Tribune - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGGG Teasing Out 3.2.0 & What They Have to Say About It - The Exiled Tribune - MMORPG.com

Over the course of the last couple weeks, Grinding Gear has been teasing out the next major content expansion and that we'll all know more in a couple of weeks after a press tour. We managed to squeak in a few questions to Chris Wilson to see if we could extract any new information about 3.2.0 and about what else the team has been working on too.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Every league and after every patch/update is this game more polished and you are never bored.

Hyped for 3.2 already :)
    TsiyaArskaaaAsmodeuXPindelfix
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Best ARPG since D2 hands down!
    BruceYeePindelfixCelcius
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    After years I'm still amazed at how they continue to improve the game.

I know this site got slammed for calling this game an MMO but to me this game feels more like an MMO than most MMO's out there with the progression system, customizing, housing, combat, social interaction - chat/trading/selling/grouping.
  • haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Have to pick up this game again. I started when it was a new release and did no have much time for a few years ... looks like I have a lot of content to chew through ...
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I just wish they'd make the combat feel less stiff and I'd play this game way more than I do now.
  • CoolmerCoolmer Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited February 2018
    Hmm, i need to disagree, with every league (comes with "big" patch) we got more imbalanced game instead opposite, you have few skyrocket skills (sometimes unique driven) with insane thresholds and rest is just junk what cant compete at all, that is best shown thru PVP, what don't exist.
    So instead you got more and more skills with similar power, balanced (GGG never heard about that word), every league brings you only few op skills rest are just not worth to lsoe time, not even skills old like four years are balanced in power.
    Every league looks like Deja-vu, with "new" content, most thing copy pasted in different colour.

AH is needed imo and most peoples who i know disagree with Chris clam "In PoE trade is not meant to be done", because 1st and only stuff with premium tabs (paid) is easier TRADE, just drop in tab and is psoted on 3rd party trade sites, also whole team wasted so much time in some TRADE API contrary to those Chris claims.
    But AH don't sale "new" and "old" STASH TABS.

Overall drop is disaster in this game, RNG is to the ruff, imo I dont know why ppl say game have crafting, real question is "From when RNG spamming with orbs have anything with crafting word?"
    Best was shown with "Bisco" amulet what improves quantity and rarity in certain ways, price goes in last league (ABYSS) into sky, like 20 Exalt orbs, peoples who play know how much is that and how hard to obtain, so that explain how good is drop.

Game looks like slot machine in every part from drop to "crafting" (they call it but it is not real crafting).

Also it is rlly funny when you got patch "league fixes" on end of league instead during league when no one playing it anymore. So is that fixes anything or is just bumbling from old lady, you cant know for real. But funniest thing is just in time before "NEW SUPPORT PACKS" for next league.

Is PoE ARPG or new kind of slot machine?
    Post edited by Coolmer on
    FrodoFragins
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited February 2018

Coolmer said:

Hmm, i need to disagree, with every league (comes with "big" patch) we got more imbalanced game instead opposite, you have few skyrocket skills (sometimes unique driven) with insane thresholds and rest is just junk what cant compete at all, that is best shown thru PVP, what don't exist.

So instead you got more and more skills with similar power, balanced (GGG never heard about that word), every league brings you only few op skills rest are just not worth to lsoe time, not even skills old like four years are balanced in power.

Every league looks like Deja-vu, with "new" content, most thing copy pasted in different colour.

AH is needed imo and most peoples who i know disagree with Chris clam "In PoE trade is not meant to be done", because 1st and only stuff with premium tabs (paid) is easier TRADE, just drop in tab and is psoted on 3rd party trade sites, also whole team wasted so much time in some TRADE API contrary to those Chris claims.

Overall drop is disaster in this game, RNG is to the ruff, imo I dont know why ppl say game have crafting, real question is "From when RNG spamming with orbs have anything with crafting word?"

Best was shown with "Bisco" amulet what improves quantity and rarity in certain ways, price goes in last league (ABYSS) into sky, like 20 Exalt orbs, peoples who play know how much is that and how hard to obtain, so that explain how good is drop.

Game looks like slot machine in every part from drop to "crafting" (they call it but it is not real crafting).

Also it is rlly funny when you got patch "league fixes" on end of league instead during league when no one playing it anymore. So is that fixes anything or is just bumbling from old lady, you cant know for real. But funniest thing is just in time before "NEW SUPPORT PACKS" for next league.

Chris never claimed that he didn't want people to trade. He just didn't wanted automated trading. PoE will never get automated trading and the game is better for it. The AH ruined Diablo 3 even without the RMT part. It ruined the game so much that they just removed the economy altogether. I think there could be improvements (facilitate something like PoE Trade in game, without automated mechanics) certainly, but I would never want to see it become: Farm til full on stuff to sell, list items, log off for day, log in, collect currency, buy whatever you want, repeat". That would ruin the game for me. Fortunately, GGG agrees with me, so that won't ever change! If you don't like it, I would just move on. No forum post on a niche MMO website is going to get you what you want, no matter how much you complain about it. Is PoE a slot machine? Yes, absolutely. Is that bad? No. That is why people play ARPGs.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited February 2018

Gorwe said:

Celcius said:

Coolmer said:

Chris never claimed that he didn't want people to trade. He just didn't wanted automated trading. PoE will never get automated trading and the game is better for it. The AH ruined Diablo 3 even without the RMT part. It ruined the game so much that they just removed the economy altogether. I think there could be improvements (facilitate something like PoE Trade in game, without automated mechanics) certainly, but I would never want to see it become: Farm til full on stuff to sell, list items, log off for day, log in, collect currency, buy whatever you want, repeat". That would ruin the game for me. Fortunately, GGG agrees with me, so that won't ever change! If you don't like it, I would just move on. No forum post on a niche MMO website is going to get you what you want, no matter how much you complain about it. Is PoE a slot machine? Yes, absolutely. Is that bad? No. That is why people play ARPGs.

Are you CERTAIN that people play it to grind silly virtual items? That it's not because, say...that awesome feeling you get when you plow through bad uns like a bulldozer? Or because of that awesome Kinetic gameplay? Or some sort of badass Roleplay? Or, especially in PoE, the exquisite feeling you constructed a nice and working build?

Yes, they absolutely grind it for progression. If they grinded it for the gameplay, Diablo like games would never have been nearly as popular as they were to begin with. Diablo 3 would also be the most popular ARPG as well (As it has the best gameplay of the two), which even without the data on D3's numbers...you can pretty clearly tell that it is not a big game at this point. It is the reason the Leagues in PoE are the most popular servers to pick. People like starting from scratch and progression is a huge part of that. Sure, gameplay is part of it -- as it is part of any game, but the roots of the genre are in games where you spammed 1 ability most of the time and spammed potions to your hearts content.

It is the same reason that people always ask for more rewards in MMOs. Gameplay is a part of the game and has to be decent enough to be enjoyable, but a big part of that gameplay loop is the progression. I mean, you said it yourself there. People like to get a working build together that is fun to play. That means they like the part of the game where they acquire items to make said build work.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Does PoE suppprt gamepad? Because after playing D3 on console I can't go back to any ARPG on mouse again.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited February 2018
    At first need to notice that some ppl go with D3 AH disaster argument again and again. Was D3 only one game out there with automatic trade?
    I don't know what good I can think about ppl who use one time argument when every other online game out there have some sort of automatic trade (AH). So all are bad or you are just limited?

Meaning of automatic trade for me is play game not bad trade simulation, if I want to play trade simulation i will go play it and will not be PoE, because trade system is actual rlly bad in PoE, time consuming, involves worst chat system what I saw anywhere (like some beta test from 1995), etc.
    For me AH will be one big QoL and I am even ready to buy slots on that service so I don't need to waste my time anymore on rlly rlly bad and time consuming trade.

Why some of you expect everyone have 18h / day on one ARPG so can waste it to wait someone log and buy our goods, for on other hand we obviously already wasted time in finding it with known trash drop?

Celcius said:

LoL, so ARPG meaning for u is waste more time in trade then in play game?

I already know that many many player left game because of time consuming trade.
    For example I have one friend who didn't sell any thing in this game to anyone (he is playing from beta), he sells only to vendor. He just hate chat system and how trade needs to be done overall (he have all premium tabs, even stupid one like essence/divine cards) , but he just don't want to participate in that disaster "trade" masochism what ppl like you and GGG advocate (for GGG i understand less sale of premium tabs).

At the end I need to say all of you what talk so much that ah destroyed diablo, I think more impact on destroying economy in PoE is done with stupid 3rd web sites with alert options for no lifers here who spent whole day in game and flip items.
    IMO arguing around some in game automatic trade (QoL) is only slap in face to ppl who have RL and have limited time and want to play ARPG not "Path of Trade".

Trade nonsense in PoE is only a drop in ocean, you have many other themes like graphics optimization (missing real graphics options, dos game had more), imba in every part of game from mobs to skills, ... so much work, if they don't add any content next 50 years with speed what they fix stuff that will not be done.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    People demanding an AH have no clue how damaging it would be to the economy. It would also necessitate nerfing drops drastically to compensate.

Trading in POE isn't guaranteed and that's part of why it works. People used much worse systems in D2 and got by just fine.
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    People demanding an AH have no clue how damaging it would be to the economy. It would also necessitate nerfing drops drastically to compensate.

Trading in POE isn't guaranteed and that's part of why it works. People used much worse systems in D2 and got by just fine.
    'It used to be worse and people got by just fine' is not a good argument for a game mechanic's design.
    edited February 2018

Using 3rd party sites for trade with alert options for scammers who like to play "Path of Trade" isn't damaging?
    I know that many "traders" exploit that kind of trade what we have and get insane amount of currency without killing any mob, that is meaning of one ARPG? Am I wrong?

Examples:
    - Those "traders" dumps with secondary "AFK" accounts price to zero, can't be buyed from them because broken trade system, but can mislead other sellers into price. With prepared alert options from 3rd party sites buy everything dumped and flip it.
    - Scamming ppl trading 5L instead 6L with dirrect trade, at first place 6L then close window and reopen and place same 5L item and ppl in hurry get screwed, not only links, can be done with different trash rolls, etc.

So final word is that actual system is broken, except that using 3rd party sites and direct trade consume too much time of regular player it also exploit trade in all meaning.
    Will in-game AH rlly be so bad if it is done with thinking, can it be exploited more then we exploited it with 3rd party web sites/applications?