Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete

JayzaJayza Member UncommonPosts: 16
delete
Post edited by Jayza on

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I kinda agree with Kano on this one.  The devs are making the game they want, it will not be for everyone and that is a good thing.  To many devs cave in and try to make something for everyone which in the end turns out to be nothing for anyone.  To be honest unless they ask for advice on features they could care less what you want or how you feel about something.
  • JayzaJayza Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by Jayza on
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Where was this topic located? I didn't see it so maybe in General or something? Was it on the official forums?

edited February 2018
    It was in general on the offical forums
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    edited February 2018
    In the years I've been on the forum I have never seen a thread get deleted or merged.  They get locked if there is already a similar thread on the topic.  You need to look again.

Halfway down the front page titled XP bonus chains ?
    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6403/xp-bonus-chains

Kilsin
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I'll bet the topic got locked because a bunch of people were assholes and could not civil about the discussion as opposed to any attempt to suppress an idea.
    Kilsin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited February 2018
    The OP still would see the thread, even if it was locked.
    The one I linked is the thread. Its all about FF11 skill chains.  I question their competence...
    Ungood
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by Jayza on
    edited February 2018
    Jayza said:
    The tread has been re added i checked like 5 times even searched for it a couple of times it wasnt there this morning.
    Lol it wasn't "re added" :p
    Kilsin
    edited February 2018
    This thread was amusing to me.  The OP realized they were wrong so they decide to delete all of their posts instead of simply admiting they were wrong...after they complained about the Pantheon community and how they only want to go back to EQ and how the devs don't want to hear anyones opinion.
    The real issue was this person was to incompetent to find a thread they had read the night before so they decided to come here and blast the game and the community.  Pathetic.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    much ado about nothing

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread aimed at Delete5230
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited February 2018
    Scott23 said:
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread aimed at Delete5230

Me too :)  

I'm backing off on posting.... You could only talk about the obvious for so long. 

Pantheon and two others are the last hope.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
    Kyleran
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    k61977 said:
    I kinda agree with Kano on this one.  The devs are making the game they want, it will not be for everyone and that is a good thing.  To many devs cave in and try to make something for everyone which in the end turns out to be nothing for anyone.  To be honest unless they ask for advice on features they could care less what you want or how you feel about something.
    That's why I'm not a fan of forums run by developers during the development process. The risk is the developer getting caught up in the forum drama and then letting it dictate the direction of their game, usually ruining it.

Developers should have alpha/beta weekends, take feedback (could be in a temporary forum for participants), then go dark and work on the product until they are ready for another alpha/beta weekend.

They can open up general forums at launch.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    This thread was amusing to me.  The OP realized they were wrong so they decide to delete all of their posts instead of simply admiting they were wrong...after they complained about the Pantheon community and how they only want to go back to EQ and how the devs don't want to hear anyones opinion.
    The real issue was this person was to incompetent to find a thread they had read the night before so they decided to come here and blast the game and the community.  Pathetic.

The thread you linked was amusing,  was a whole lot of stupid going on.

Also was a great case to not let threads run for long periods of time, that's sort of an old school forum techique I've never thought to be a good idea.

More than a month old or 10 pages of posts, lock it down and move on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2018
    I am not so sure who this game is targeting.I am also not so sure they are building the game they want,more like the game they can afford,similar to most every dev studio out there.

I can read between the lines in reading posts,i can see the agenda behind what people say,yes i guess i have just been around too long,i see most everything.

This is not YOUR game ,it is a game that has a budget and a timeline and a few goals.

Any game can write a list of features and they can sound amazing or really bad,we won't know how well they are implemented until we try the game.This is why since the beginning of time,we have asked for free trials,we should get some kind of quick one day or whatever feel for the game to see if it grabs us the right way.

VG was an odd game,out of the gate i loved it but the more i played the more bad ideas i saw.So it didn't have anything to do with feature creep,it was simply the thought or lack of thought put into ideas.

i'll use two examples that really turn me off in these rpg's..

1 somersaults,if i see any character doing one,that game is sent to the trash can forever.
    2 FAKE looking aggro,i hate it,looks dumb and shows a LAZY effort and ruins the immersive feeling you get when mobs all have different AI/properties.

There are MANY more things i look at inside of a game design,i seriously need things to make sense,if i see something stupid or immersion breaking like scaling or auto bot fishing or lines going through the air ahem BDO,i am pissed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Wizardry said:
    I am not so sure who this game is targeting.I am also not so sure they are building the game they want,more like the game they can afford,similar to most every dev studio out there.

I can read between the lines in reading posts,i can see the agenda behind what people say,yes i guess i have just been around too long,i see most everything.

This is not YOUR game ,it is a game that has a budget and a timeline and a few goals.

Any game can write a list of features and they can sound amazing or really bad,we won't know how well they are implemented until we try the game.This is why since the beginning of time,we have asked for free trials,we should get some kind of quick one day or whatever feel for the game to see if it grabs us the right way.

VG was an odd game,out of the gate i loved it but the more i played the more bad ideas i saw.So it didn't have anything to do with feature creep,it was simply the thought or lack of thought put into ideas.

i'll use two examples that really turn me off in these rpg's..

1 somersaults,if i see any character doing one,that game is sent to the trash can forever.
    2 FAKE looking aggro,i hate it,looks dumb and shows a LAZY effort and ruins the immersive feeling you get when mobs all have different AI/properties.

There are MANY more things i look at inside of a game design,i seriously need things to make sense,if i see something stupid or immersion breaking like scaling or auto bot fishing or lines going through the air ahem BDO,i am pissed.

The game will have a free trial, up to lvl 10 or lvl 20.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    edited February 2018
    I am the sole Moderator (Lead Moderator for all official platforms) on the official forums and I do not delete anything unless it is blatantly offensive or against the guidelines.

I will only lock a thread if it is a duplicate and the poster failed to search before creating a new thread (usually there are multiple threads on the same topic when this happens)  or I will close a thread if multiple warnings posted by myself are ignored or there is just too much arguing and moderation to bring it back onto topic in a civil manner.

I am one of the biggest advocates for freedom of speech and would rather use a gentle guided hand than brute force to silence people, so you will more often than not find what you're looking for, including negative posts about me and Visionary Realms.
    dcutbi001Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited February 2018
    Kilsin said:

"would rather use a gentle guided hand "

Your Delta Tau Chi name is now "gentle hand."
    Kilsin

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests