Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Wave PTU Access Now A Permanent Subscription 'Perk'.

CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 219
CIG alleges this was by popular request which is very doubtful.



«1

Comments

  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,001
    I'm surprised that they already didn't have access. If you have a sub for a game you should get access to all of it.
    CoticTorval

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,558
    >>>
    CIG alleges this was by popular request which is very doubtful.
    >>>

    @Cotic ;   You missed that there was a long subscriber questionaire having been sent out by CIG not long ago ... which was announced on the SC website. This is one of the measures derived from analysing the results of this poll. To me it is highly likely, not very doubtful.

    >>>
    If you have a sub for a game you should get access to all of it.
    >>>

    @bartoni33 ; This is a community subscription. Not a game subscription like in other games. The subscription helps to pay for the creation of the community magazine "Jump Point" and various v-blogs. You do not pay for being able to play the game - for that you donated to the crowdfunding campaign and got a pledge package.

    They have added some in game perks for subscribers, like decoration items for the hangar etc.

    This PTU access is another one of these perks.  If play-testing an early Alpha version is considered a perk by you.


    Have fun

    LeFantome
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 219
    edited February 2018
    @Erillion

    I was unaware of that questionnaire, I am also surprised that subscribers would want additional perks when their subscription was meant to be for community content. They already receive in game items, they already receive a REC stipend, they already receive Jump Point access so I believe this is solely about CIG trying to drive subscriptions.

    I had a browse of the thread on /r/starcitizen and a large number of the regular posters also support the idea that this was not by popular consent. The thread can be viewed here if you seek conformation 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7udto9/looks_like_its_a_permanent_thing_now/
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,196
    why does it effect you ? Why are you back at the forum trying to start up a trollfest that you will lose , again ?
    Why does someone posting this affect you?

    The only negative thing I can see in the OP was an opinion saying they doubted the validity of the popular request comment, everything else is left up to the reader to decide. How is that trolling?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,196
    i'm a star citizen.
    That's a terrible affliction and I feel for you but it doesn't really answer the question.

    kikoodutroa8
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,558
    >>> That's a terrible affliction >>>

    For me personally it is something to be proud of.

    If this for you is a sickness/malady/disease/medical condition, you may want to look again long and hard at your post above .....


    Have fun
    [Deleted User]rpmcmurphy[Deleted User]
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,558
    edited February 2018
    OP has two accounts. 
    That will be hard to prove.

    Forum shenanigans with multiple accounts - that you can prove - could lead to a loss of all accounts from the same person.


    Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,196
    edited February 2018
    Erillion said:
    >>> That's a terrible affliction >>>

    For me personally it is something to be proud of.

    If this for you is a sickness/malady/disease/medical condition, you may want to look again long and hard at your post above .....


    Have fun
    That was purely a sarcastic joke as I am also a Star Citizen. Please try not to be so serious all the time :)

  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,095
    I bought a coffee this morning.
    I'm incredibly proud of myself.


    rpmcmurphy

    ..Cake..

  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,196
    sgel said:
    I bought a coffee this morning.
    I'm incredibly proud of myself.


    I answered the door to the postman and said "I am a Star Citizen!" and felt incredibly proud of myself, he gave me a funny look though.
    cjmarsh
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,894
    The real questions you need to ask yourselves is:

    Do you really want to take part of the first wave PTU?

    Do you really want to pay for this?


    CoticMaxBacon

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

    case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD


  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    So, am I to believe that all of up in arms over this, had your own crowdfunded project going, you would NOT reward your backers generosity?
    Good to know, I'll be extremely sure to stay away from any crowdfund any of you do.
    Erillion
  • skadadskadad Member UncommonPosts: 372
    what is the reward? or you need a subscription to the community aswell as pledging to the game? When are they putting more ships for sale btw? 
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 219
    OP has two accounts. 
    I am sorry to ruin your conspiracy theory but I have just the one account.

    Arillix said:
    So, am I to believe that all of up in arms over this, had your own crowdfunded project going, you would NOT reward your backers generosity?
    Good to know, I'll be extremely sure to stay away from any crowdfund any of you do.
    If this was my crowdfunded project I would have honored the original Kickstarter perks as opposed to changing the deal to try and sell subscriptions to people.

  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,769
    edited February 2018
    Asm0deus said:
    The real questions you need to ask yourselves is:

    Do you really want to take part of the first wave PTU?

    Do you really want to pay for this?
    Yup. I without being a sub already am a first-wave PTU since the very start.

    It is not any privilege, play an extra broken version of one upcoming update, the only real benefit comes from you contributing to testing and filling feedback.

    Cotic said:
    If this was my crowdfunded project I would have honored the original Kickstarter perks as opposed to changing the deal to try and sell subscriptions to people.
    The community subscription that exists since that KS lol. CIG the face of evil, the father of EA.
    Asm0deus
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 219
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:
    If this was my crowdfunded project I would have honored the original Kickstarter perks as opposed to changing the deal to try and sell subscriptions to people.
    The community subscription that exists since that KS lol. CIG the face of evil, the father of EA.
    Is there a reason for this passive aggressiveness, are we not all adults?


    From the Kickstarter page:
    DIGITAL SCOUT: A digital copy of the finished game for your PC with your RSI Aurora spaceship ready to fly + 1,000 Galatic Credits + Exclusive access to the Alpha + Beta (digital tier, no physical rewards)
    Selling it later on removes that exclusivity no?

  • CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 212
    So in the end You subscribe to test an early build of a new SC version full of bugs and unoptimized. If You like to experience new content ahead of the rest, fine. But be aware that it is testing, not playing!

    -----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,769
    edited February 2018
    Cotic said:
    Is there a reason for this passive aggressiveness, are we not all adults?


    From the Kickstarter page:
    DIGITAL SCOUT: A digital copy of the finished game for your PC with your RSI Aurora spaceship ready to fly + 1,000 Galatic Credits + Exclusive access to the Alpha + Beta (digital tier, no physical rewards)
    Selling it later on removes that exclusivity no?

    So rpm has the exclusivity on making sarcastic jokes I see.

    And that stands, everyone has access to the alpha and then beta, the PTU/ETF are not the alpha, an update on those phases hasn't been released yet, the exclusivity access to the alpha by all the backers remain.
  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,095
    MaxBacon said:

    The community subscription that exists since that KS lol. CIG the face of evil, the father of EA.
    I don't think you understood what Cotic said.
    How long the sub exists has nothing to do with it.
    Cotic

    ..Cake..

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,558
    Costanius said:
    So in the end You subscribe to test an early build of a new SC version full of bugs and unoptimized. If You like to experience new content ahead of the rest, fine. But be aware that it is testing, not playing!
    So in the end you subscribe so that the community gets a lot of v-blogs, additional news about the game and an excellent subscriber magazine called "Jump Point".

    If you do a lot of playtesting and write good bug reports, you can join the Evocati and test an early build before everyone else, including the subscribers and concierge backers. And you need to pay nothing but a basic starter package to get it.


    Have fun
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,287
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    CIG alleges this was by popular request which is very doubtful.
    >>>

    @Cotic ;   You missed that there was a long subscriber questionaire having been sent out by CIG not long ago ... which was announced on the SC website. This is one of the measures derived from analysing the results of this poll. To me it is highly likely, not very doubtful.

    >>>
    If you have a sub for a game you should get access to all of it.
    >>>

    @bartoni33 ; This is a community subscription. Not a game subscription like in other games. The subscription helps to pay for the creation of the community magazine "Jump Point" and various v-blogs. You do not pay for being able to play the game - for that you donated to the crowdfunding campaign and got a pledge package.

    They have added some in game perks for subscribers, like decoration items for the hangar etc.

    This PTU access is another one of these perks.  If play-testing an early Alpha version is considered a perk by you.


    Have fun

    While true, their motivation for giving this perk is mostly about getting more people to start subscribing (or a good reason to continue doing so) and less about altruism. 

    These folks are masters of marketing and they make few moves that don't showcase their prowess in this area. 

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 219
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:
    Is there a reason for this passive aggressiveness, are we not all adults?


    From the Kickstarter page:
    DIGITAL SCOUT: A digital copy of the finished game for your PC with your RSI Aurora spaceship ready to fly + 1,000 Galatic Credits + Exclusive access to the Alpha + Beta (digital tier, no physical rewards)
    Selling it later on removes that exclusivity no?

    So rpm has the exclusivity on making sarcastic jokes I see.

    And that stands, everyone has access to the alpha and then beta, the PTU/ETF are not the alpha, an update on those phases hasn't been released yet, the exclusivity access to the alpha by all the backers remain.
    I would not know anything about that, did he pay for his exclusivity? :wink:

    I said I would honor the original Kickstarter perks, which were exclusive access to the alpha + beta for early backers. What you believe the PTU/ETF to be is besides the point.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,769
    Cotic said:
    I would not know anything about that, did he pay for his exclusivity? :wink:

    I said I would honor the original Kickstarter perks, which were exclusive access to the alpha + beta for early backers. What you believe the PTU/ETF to be is besides the point.
    We better go to court on that!

    And I disagree, those terms are honored, you might disagree how ETF/PTU came to exist and are setup but they aren't a barrier to play the alpha, as said what lies on those phases has not been released yet, you want testing unreleased builds to be included on what the access to the alpha implies, not the way I see it and I think that's reasonable.
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    edited February 2018
    The only real issue is they are going to have a lot of people sub just to be in the first wave and then go and whine on the forum that the game isn't absolutely perfect. Testing early builds should be for those who want to actually test the game... The Evocoti mainly followed by those who have shown a desire to test and give good feedback.

    I have a feeling that this decision will come back to bite them in the end as they are going to have a bunch of whiners with too much disposable income testing their game instead of actual good alpha testers.

    Bren
    Turrican187Torval

    while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,863
    edited February 2018
    I can;t even think of that guys name from florida. but this is his thread. It was so easy to spot. THe singular question forced him to try a different account.  
    This is why people develop the impression that Star Citizen is a cult.  I've known @Cotic online for years; he used to frequent massivelyop.com.  However, he said something bad about Star Citizen, ergo he must be an alt of he-who-must-not-be-named?

    You may as well capitalize the "h" in "his".  It would acknowledge the de facto pantheon you guys have created.
    Cotic

    "The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 4 tracks in Distance

Sign In or Register to comment.