Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gothic 3 better than Skyrim

123457

Comments

  • vomomotovomomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Gothic 3 was awesome. Now I have to re-play it. Such a shame they killed the series with the garbage that was Arcania.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 4,778
    Scot said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      

    If they like RPG's why haven't they played all those games, all really cheap now (wait for D2 on sale if need be). :0
      Divinty 2 is only 19.99 ............... not to be confused with Divinty 2 OS ..
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/219780/Divinity_II_Developers_Cut/
     

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 24,624
    Sovrath said:


    That's good, but my problem in Skyrim is the opposite. You win the Civil War and the game carries on like you didn't.
    OH yeah, I agree that sucks. Also the "I've just saved the world but no one seems to care and still gives me shit".

    I'm not even talking about npc's not liking the character but if you've gone to Sovengarde and fought and won a battle with Alduin you better believe you shouldn't be giving me crap!

    At least not everyone. I can see some characters wanting to test thesmelves (looking at you Ebon Warrior) and some drunk characters thinking you're not all that but the world should reflect more of what you have accomplished.

    I've always thought the Elder Scrolls games should have a little bit of Fable in them when it came to that.


    After listening to the extracted audio dialog from Serana's sound files. Do you know there are 2 words that were never recorded and not part of her lines anywhere....ever?

    1. Dovahkiin
    2. Dragonborn

    She NEVER says it. and NEVER will.

    It's the foundation of your game and many NPCs simply never even acknowledge it.
    In truth I don't think it ever comes up.

    So on one hand it makes sense. On the other hand, I'm sure one will have "shouted" at some point during the time together and it should come up.

    This is the problem with Bethesda. They are great with details right up to the point they are not great with details.
    Torval



  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 4,618
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      

    Great !


    I don't find Gothic 3 lacking at all.  

    BUT if you say TW2 is better in your opinion, I'll add that to my list. 

    Thanks :)
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 8,169
    Scorchien said:
    Scot said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      

    If they like RPG's why haven't they played all those games, all really cheap now (wait for D2 on sale if need be). :0
      Divinty 2 is only 19.99 ............... not to be confused with Divinty 2 OS ..
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/219780/Divinity_II_Developers_Cut/
     


    We have posters on here who think every MMO should be free to play, I was just thinking of them. ;)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,267
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    ....
  • ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 4,778
    edited January 30
    YashaX said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    I think i enjoyed TW2 the most , the magic system is excellent , the ability to create spells with the card system is unique, The gear system is also excellent .. the abillity to dismantle all that extra gear for resources to upgrade your equiped gear is also a real plus..

              The class builds are really well done , lots of skills and ways to build that are viable .. (Traps are helluva fun)


                     After you get past a bit of corniness in the beginning , the story and lore are really well done .. But the game is very open allowing you to explore hone skills and craft at your leisure...
      Combat is fun (altho like all these games you can find some buggy stuff..)

     You will see some neg reviews on TW2 most coming from the crowd that enjoyed cosole cheat codes (that has been replaced with a microtransaction cash shop) i know weird right .. but also useless and no need to ever use it ..

              Horse riding takes a bit of practice and can be off putting at first but works well (patience on the horse is needed)
      Story and exploration are great ...

     Also an excellent alchemy system , is very useful and rewarding thru expermintation


      ahh dice games in taverns :)
                           
    Post edited by Scorchien on
    TorvalYashaX
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    Scorchien said:
    YashaX said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    I think i enjoyed TW2 the most , the magic system is excellent , the ability to create spells with the card system is unique, The gear system is also excellent .. the abillity to dismantle all that extra gear for resources to upgrade your equiped gear is also a real plus..

              The class builds are really well done , lots of skills and ways to build that are viable .. (Traps are helluva fun)


                     After you get past a bit of corniness in the beginning , the story and lore are really well done .. But the game is very open allowing you to explore hone skills and craft at your leisure...
      Combat is fun (altho like all these games you can find some buggy stuff..)

     You will see some neg reviews on TW2 most coming from the crowd that enjoyed cosole cheat codes (that has been replaced with a microtransaction cash shop) i know weird right .. but also useless and no need to ever use it ..

              Horse riding takes a bit of practice and can be off putting at first but works well (patience on the horse is needed)
      Story and exploration are great ...

     Also an excellent alchemy system , is very useful and rewarding thru expermintation

                           
    I always liked Corny B movies myself.

    The Witcher 2 is quite a fun game.  The worst part for me was the prelude.  I found it was a bit noisy for my taste and most of it you were running around looting the insane amount of loot (my least favorite part of the Witcher series).  After you get Flotsam everything gets a bit more interesting.  The game is fairly linear, but there are two branches that both have good stories.  I prefer the non-human story arc myself in both 1 and 2.  That was one of the disappointing things about 3.  Non-humans had almost not important in it.  Even the expansions which I enjoyed a lot.

    If you liked Gothic 3 then why not try 1 and 2?  I can attest that 1 is a fun game or at least IMO.  The story is fairly linear at times, but still amusing.  The graphics might bother some people, but I enjoy them a lot.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 4,778
    Flyte27 said:
    Scorchien said:
    YashaX said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    I think i enjoyed TW2 the most , the magic system is excellent , the ability to create spells with the card system is unique, The gear system is also excellent .. the abillity to dismantle all that extra gear for resources to upgrade your equiped gear is also a real plus..

              The class builds are really well done , lots of skills and ways to build that are viable .. (Traps are helluva fun)


                     After you get past a bit of corniness in the beginning , the story and lore are really well done .. But the game is very open allowing you to explore hone skills and craft at your leisure...
      Combat is fun (altho like all these games you can find some buggy stuff..)

     You will see some neg reviews on TW2 most coming from the crowd that enjoyed cosole cheat codes (that has been replaced with a microtransaction cash shop) i know weird right .. but also useless and no need to ever use it ..

              Horse riding takes a bit of practice and can be off putting at first but works well (patience on the horse is needed)
      Story and exploration are great ...

     Also an excellent alchemy system , is very useful and rewarding thru expermintation

                           
    I always liked Corny B movies myself.

    The Witcher 2 is quite a fun game.  The worst part for me was the prelude.  I found it was a bit noisy for my taste and most of it you were running around looting the insane amount of loot (my least favorite part of the Witcher series).  After you get Flotsam everything gets a bit more interesting.  The game is fairly linear, but there are two branches that both have good stories.  I prefer the non-human story arc myself in both 1 and 2.  That was one of the disappointing things about 3.  Non-humans had almost not important in it.  Even the expansions which I enjoyed a lot.

    If you liked Gothic 3 then why not try 1 and 2?  I can attest that 1 is a fun game or at least IMO.  The story is fairly linear at times, but still amusing.  The graphics might bother some people, but I enjoy them a lot.
    played G1 and 2 ... both good games , were better 6 years ago :)...

      I dont like the Witcher series much played 1 and 2 , had enough of being Geralt , never purchased 3 and most likely wont ..
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,305
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:


    That's good, but my problem in Skyrim is the opposite. You win the Civil War and the game carries on like you didn't.
    OH yeah, I agree that sucks. Also the "I've just saved the world but no one seems to care and still gives me shit".

    I'm not even talking about npc's not liking the character but if you've gone to Sovengarde and fought and won a battle with Alduin you better believe you shouldn't be giving me crap!

    At least not everyone. I can see some characters wanting to test thesmelves (looking at you Ebon Warrior) and some drunk characters thinking you're not all that but the world should reflect more of what you have accomplished.

    I've always thought the Elder Scrolls games should have a little bit of Fable in them when it came to that.


    After listening to the extracted audio dialog from Serana's sound files. Do you know there are 2 words that were never recorded and not part of her lines anywhere....ever?

    1. Dovahkiin
    2. Dragonborn

    She NEVER says it. and NEVER will.

    It's the foundation of your game and many NPCs simply never even acknowledge it.
    In truth I don't think it ever comes up.

    So on one hand it makes sense. On the other hand, I'm sure one will have "shouted" at some point during the time together and it should come up.

    This is the problem with Bethesda. They are great with details right up to the point they are not great with details.
    Especailly in The Soul Cairn. On your way out you have the force gree with Dhurnavir. The whole "You are the Dovahkiin" thing......yeah it comes up.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 4,618
    Scorchien said:
    Flyte27 said:
    Scorchien said:
    YashaX said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    I think i enjoyed TW2 the most , the magic system is excellent , the ability to create spells with the card system is unique, The gear system is also excellent .. the abillity to dismantle all that extra gear for resources to upgrade your equiped gear is also a real plus..

              The class builds are really well done , lots of skills and ways to build that are viable .. (Traps are helluva fun)


                     After you get past a bit of corniness in the beginning , the story and lore are really well done .. But the game is very open allowing you to explore hone skills and craft at your leisure...
      Combat is fun (altho like all these games you can find some buggy stuff..)

     You will see some neg reviews on TW2 most coming from the crowd that enjoyed cosole cheat codes (that has been replaced with a microtransaction cash shop) i know weird right .. but also useless and no need to ever use it ..

              Horse riding takes a bit of practice and can be off putting at first but works well (patience on the horse is needed)
      Story and exploration are great ...

     Also an excellent alchemy system , is very useful and rewarding thru expermintation

                           
    I always liked Corny B movies myself.

    The Witcher 2 is quite a fun game.  The worst part for me was the prelude.  I found it was a bit noisy for my taste and most of it you were running around looting the insane amount of loot (my least favorite part of the Witcher series).  After you get Flotsam everything gets a bit more interesting.  The game is fairly linear, but there are two branches that both have good stories.  I prefer the non-human story arc myself in both 1 and 2.  That was one of the disappointing things about 3.  Non-humans had almost not important in it.  Even the expansions which I enjoyed a lot.

    If you liked Gothic 3 then why not try 1 and 2?  I can attest that 1 is a fun game or at least IMO.  The story is fairly linear at times, but still amusing.  The graphics might bother some people, but I enjoy them a lot.
    played G1 and 2 ... both good games , were better 6 years ago :)...

      I dont like the Witcher series much played 1 and 2 , had enough of being Geralt , never purchased 3 and most likely wont ..

    Well, I'm sold on Two Worlds 2 next.  

    I'm a little afraid G2 is too old to play on Windows 10.  G1 would be too old for my taste. G3 runs fine 
    Scorchien
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    Scorchien said:
    Flyte27 said:
    Scorchien said:
    YashaX said:
    Scorchien said:
    So , because of the interest here , i decided to jump in G3 again , i had played it before quite a bit .

             With all the patches , and G3 altho a good game it still feels lacking ..
     
                                                            Which led me to jump back into Two Worlds 2 


      And TW2 is a better game in every conceivable way :
      
                                Graphics,Animations,Story,Combat,Crafting,Gear,Class Builds,World,Voiceovers,and immersion ...IMO

      And Divinity 2 also is better than G3 in everyway ..
        
      Now i am not wrting this to piss in anyones cornflakes , more to give folks options that may interest them after they play G3

                                      
    Which did you like better, Two Worlds 2 or Divinity 2, and why? 
    I think i enjoyed TW2 the most , the magic system is excellent , the ability to create spells with the card system is unique, The gear system is also excellent .. the abillity to dismantle all that extra gear for resources to upgrade your equiped gear is also a real plus..

              The class builds are really well done , lots of skills and ways to build that are viable .. (Traps are helluva fun)


                     After you get past a bit of corniness in the beginning , the story and lore are really well done .. But the game is very open allowing you to explore hone skills and craft at your leisure...
      Combat is fun (altho like all these games you can find some buggy stuff..)

     You will see some neg reviews on TW2 most coming from the crowd that enjoyed cosole cheat codes (that has been replaced with a microtransaction cash shop) i know weird right .. but also useless and no need to ever use it ..

              Horse riding takes a bit of practice and can be off putting at first but works well (patience on the horse is needed)
      Story and exploration are great ...

     Also an excellent alchemy system , is very useful and rewarding thru expermintation

                           
    I always liked Corny B movies myself.

    The Witcher 2 is quite a fun game.  The worst part for me was the prelude.  I found it was a bit noisy for my taste and most of it you were running around looting the insane amount of loot (my least favorite part of the Witcher series).  After you get Flotsam everything gets a bit more interesting.  The game is fairly linear, but there are two branches that both have good stories.  I prefer the non-human story arc myself in both 1 and 2.  That was one of the disappointing things about 3.  Non-humans had almost not important in it.  Even the expansions which I enjoyed a lot.

    If you liked Gothic 3 then why not try 1 and 2?  I can attest that 1 is a fun game or at least IMO.  The story is fairly linear at times, but still amusing.  The graphics might bother some people, but I enjoy them a lot.
    played G1 and 2 ... both good games , were better 6 years ago :)...

      I dont like the Witcher series much played 1 and 2 , had enough of being Geralt , never purchased 3 and most likely wont ..

    Well, I'm sold on Two Worlds 2 next.  

    I'm a little afraid G2 is too old to play on Windows 10.  G1 would be too old for my taste. G3 runs fine 
    Both G1 and G2 run fine on Windows 10.  Especially if you patch them.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member EpicPosts: 7,217
    Good old Games sells them for cheap and their games usually work fine on modern computers.
    If they don't work for a reason, you get a full refund anyway.

    delete5230Torval
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 16,874
    Good old Games sells them for cheap and their games usually work fine on modern computers.
    If they don't work for a reason, you get a full refund anyway.

    Good point. The GoG version of Gothic 1 already includes the official patch, unlike the Steam version.
    silent protagonist, dirty mmo gamer, filthy casual
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    One thing I noticed in Gothic 1 is that having both the FPS removal patch and System Pack installed at the same time seems to cause issues with getting stuck in game.  It seems the FPS cap is changed to 60 FPS with the system pack anyway.  

    If you know the game fairly well it is really easy to become really powerful early on.  For instance, if you put all your points into strength you can gain enough damage even with weak weapons to beat up some of the NPCs in town.  Some of them have really good weapons you can take from them already in chapter 2.  You can have the best 1 hander by chapter 3 if you side with old town.  Then again playing this way might not be that fun.  It's more about power leveling to be the strongest you possibly can.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member EpicPosts: 2,122
    I'm thinking I might have to give Two World II a go at some point!

    I had the original Two Worlds on the xbox360, definitely had some fun in that game but there was a lot wrong with it. Main issue, personally, was that on the 360 the game would pause every 100m, give you a little loading symbol for 10 seconds, then un-pause. Trying to run any sort of distance was just a nightmare. That, and the quest log was unintelligible. 

    I'm guessing TW2 on the PC would be a hell of a lot better :-)
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 2,512
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:


    That's good, but my problem in Skyrim is the opposite. You win the Civil War and the game carries on like you didn't.
    OH yeah, I agree that sucks. Also the "I've just saved the world but no one seems to care and still gives me shit".

    I'm not even talking about npc's not liking the character but if you've gone to Sovengarde and fought and won a battle with Alduin you better believe you shouldn't be giving me crap!

    At least not everyone. I can see some characters wanting to test thesmelves (looking at you Ebon Warrior) and some drunk characters thinking you're not all that but the world should reflect more of what you have accomplished.

    I've always thought the Elder Scrolls games should have a little bit of Fable in them when it came to that.


    After listening to the extracted audio dialog from Serana's sound files. Do you know there are 2 words that were never recorded and not part of her lines anywhere....ever?

    1. Dovahkiin
    2. Dragonborn

    She NEVER says it. and NEVER will.

    It's the foundation of your game and many NPCs simply never even acknowledge it.
    In truth I don't think it ever comes up.

    So on one hand it makes sense. On the other hand, I'm sure one will have "shouted" at some point during the time together and it should come up.

    This is the problem with Bethesda. They are great with details right up to the point they are not great with details.
    The same way most npc says dragon are just tales. They dont know better.

    "Let go of your memories and be reborn."
    Argent Etchings, plate 106, passage 27

    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 1,472
    Skyrim is literally a remake of Gothic 2. From the story with the dragons, to the open world settings. And Gothic 3 definitely is not better. Neither Gothic 2, as it is made in 2003. As for the TW series, they are very different kind of RPG. Personally I like TW3 much more than Skyrim because of the story.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    Gothic seems closer to the Witcher series than to the Elder Scrolls series.  The story is more linear and direct.  The Elder Scrolls often doesn't present story very well and is more about exploration IMO.  There are a lot of stories to read via books and items to loot.  Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of either of those two things at this point.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    I finished Gothic 1 and though I enjoyed it I thought it dragged a lot in the second half of the game.  I wasn't really that impressed with the sleeper boss at the end.  I also missed fighting Gomez in the old camp completely.  I wonder if the sect story camp is any better.  It probably has the same ending.  I played through as old camp and then converted to new camp.

    Magic was difficult for me to make use of in this game.  I found sword fighting to be much easier.  I never gave bows much of a chance.  It was difficult to back away from mobs when casting spells and if they hit you it was almost a guaranteed interruption.  My favorite two spells had to do with freezing things.  I would do that and switch to swords.

    I'm going to try Gothic 2 now.  Hopefully, its story and controls are a little better.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 28,864
    For those interested, Gothic 2 and 3 are on sale on Steam this week, $2.49 each.

    $4.99 for Gothic 1 for some odd reason, but I'll pick up the set. 
    blueturtle13

    Ten types of internet trolls - Which one are you?

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon





  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 4,618
    Kyleran said:
    For those interested, Gothic 2 and 3 are on sale on Steam this week, $2.49 each.

    $4.99 for Gothic 1 for some odd reason, but I'll pick up the set. 

    For some reason originals are some times higher on Steam, must be because they are considered classics.  

    I'm still playing G3 and still loving it, I'm almost done with the second desert area (varand), will be moving on to the mountains (Nordmar) soon.  The story and things to do are completely different when moving to each of the three zones.  Some bad guys use magic and monsters poison you in the second area....... But that's ok I mastered both Swords and Archery, this is rare because it seems they only want you to master one main style. 

    I'll save Magic for re-play value when I come back in two years.  This will make it a totally different game.    

    But I'm now interested in Gothic 2, Two Worlds 2. 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 4,618
    Kyleran said:
    For those interested, Gothic 2 and 3 are on sale on Steam this week, $2.49 each.

    $4.99 for Gothic 1 for some odd reason, but I'll pick up the set. 
    Just got TwoWorlds 2 for $5.99 on steam sale 70% off.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,553
    Gothic 2 gold's combat seems quite difficult.  I've been playing it for a few days and I've read the expansion made combat much harder.  The first game was fairly easy most of the way through.  I wonder if the expansion makes the game better or not.  I'm not a huge fan of how block lasts only a second or two like a parry.  In the first game you could block for 5 to 10 seconds I believe.  
    Torval
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 7,056
    The strong point of Skyrim are the mods, some which add entire new questing areas and other that allow you to have a character exactly the way you've always wanted one to play like.

    Played TW2 for awhile but it didn't hold may interest and I never completed the story line.  Not a bad game but felt disconnected from the story for some reason, really enjoyed G2 a lot better.
    Torval
    “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”  ― Haruki Murakami
Sign In or Register to comment.