Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Sphear - Fighting in the Moonlight - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageLost Sphear - Fighting in the Moonlight - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

I am Setsuna was released roughly 18 months after the formation of Tokyo RPG Factory. The game was good but it lacked some of the things that made the Chrono Series and early Final Fantasy games excellent. Hot from the Factory less than 2 years after I am Setsuna’s release Lost Sphear looks to evolve what Setsuna started. This is our Lost Sphear review for the Nintendo Switch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited January 2018
    Iam setsuna was bad enough, not gona touch this even if it was free. Square(soft)enix is definitly dead. They have some of the most shittiest games produces in their timeline the past few years. Seems like they just have the talent for arts and programming, but lack of storytelling and music and depth. They can go bankrupt and noone would miss them. This game looks also like it was rushed by a 2man team in 6months.
    Thunder073TheScavenger
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    SE have brought about a new era of producers/leads that are more typical of modern games hat i truly do not like.
    Somebody or a few have definitely persuaded their teams to do whatever it takes to cut costs and yet charge top dollar.What they have been doing of late is using parts of games they are working on and spinning off other very cheap low end games,they have NOT been producing much quality of late but then again nobody else is either.

I have played many of their recent offerings and got bored fast and continually see very cheaply designed games.
    I have no idea if they can ever turn it around because it is all new faces,many of their old school designers are gone or retired or pushed aside.
    SE demise started about 5-6 years ago,we saw it inside of FFXi,very sad that two of my fave studios SOE and SE are no longer what they were.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm interested in eventually picking this up for my Switch. But I'll probably wait for a sale. $50 for this game is asking too much. It should of been $30 from the start imo.
    [Deleted User]