Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Bones DLC & Update 17 Coming to PC on February 12th - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragon Bones DLC & Update 17 Coming to PC on February 12th - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - The Elder Scrolls Online team has announced that the Dragon Bones DLC and Update 17 will be released for PC and Mac on February 12th. The PlayStation 4 and XBox One versions will see the new content arrive on February 27th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Hey Zenimax and Square Enix,

How about the two of you get together and stagger your updates so I have time to sink my teeth into one update before the other goes live. You guys are killing me here. ;-)
    CoolitSlyLoKinfomatzTacticalZombeh

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Happy to see this, mainly for the costume system. :D
    BruceYee

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    "Fang Lair" and "Scalecaller Peak" are the new PvE dungeons

- in case anyone simply looked at the boxed list and got the impression there was no new PvE content.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The Outfit system as it currently exists in the PTS is quite the gold sink. There is a gold cost per outfit slot based on the rarity of the piece and an additional gold cost for dyeing them. You can easily spend 20K gold or more for an outfit that, IMO, often looks no better than a costume... which costs nothing. If you decide to edit it, that'll cost you gold too.

I have no idea why they decided to implement it as a gold sink but unless they lower the cost significantly there'll be an outcry once it goes live and people notice just how pricey it is. It's a shame that it'll detract from what is otherwise a fun and well-implemented system.
    thighhighs
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Waiting on more administrative options for player housing like the ability to properly share houses so people can decorate, bring people and have fun exploring that feature rather than it being mostly singleplayer when toying with one's house. LOTRO despite not being as grand at least provides that.
    [Deleted User]
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Looking forward to the house storage system, you can never have enough storage space :)
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
    Iselin said:
    The Outfit system as it currently exists in the PTS is quite the gold sink. There is a gold cost per outfit slot based on the rarity of the piece and an additional gold cost for dyeing them. You can easily spend 20K gold or more for an outfit that, IMO, often looks no better than a costume... which costs nothing. If you decide to edit it, that'll cost you gold too.

I have no idea why they decided to implement it as a gold sink but unless they lower the cost significantly there'll be an outcry once it goes live and people notice just how pricey it is. It's a shame that it'll detract from what is otherwise a fun and well-implemented system.
    Why are the gold costs so high?

If I had to guess - and this is purely a stab in the dark you understand - its because they would like people to use Outfit Change Tokens ...... purchasable from the Crown store.

Now I know that subscribers get crowns but a part of me feels that this is something they could give subscribers for free. Guess I will file that with subscribers getting a discount on houses.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gervaise1 said:
    Iselin said:

If I had to guess - and this is purely a stab in the dark you understand - its because they would like people to use Outfit Change Tokens ...... purchasable from the Crown store.
    Even so, the cost to dye and outfit slot seems unnecessary. If they want to incentivize the cash shop outfit tokens they could charge gold for just the outfit slot. But they don't. The cost to dye the slot as well as the cost of changing the dye color later on seem totally unnecessary when dyeing anything else you can dye costs nothing.

BruceYee
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Iselin said:

Even so, the cost to dye and outfit slot seems unnecessary. If they want to incentivize the cash shop outfit tokens they could charge gold for just the outfit slot. But they don't. The cost to dye the slot as well as the cost of changing the dye color later on seem totally unnecessary when dyeing anything else you can dye costs nothing.

Impossible (imo) to disagree.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why do they always remove the normal hide helmet option when they add a costume system? Absolutely stupid change in every game that did it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    So, is the dungeon queue bug still in? Was so annoying it drove me and my buddy away from the game. Loved everything else but it was to annoying not be able to group up, queue, and play.
  • PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    If anyone hasn't tried ESO and loves player housing this game does it best. The designs and customization options are jaw dropping.
    [Deleted User]BruceYeejosko9
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Sluske said:

So, is the dungeon queue bug still in? Was so annoying it drove me and my buddy away from the game. Loved everything else but it was to annoying not be able to group up, queue, and play.

No, the lfg system works fine now.
    Sluske
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    When dem Dragon crown crates coming? Papa is fiending for new crown crates.
  • SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

xDarkjoy said:

Sluske said:

No, the lfg system works fine now.

Thanks!

Might jump back in and try out morrowind then!