Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation: 15 Minutes of World-Spanning Gameplay

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
[Deleted User]RhimeGuizeeGaladourn

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Looks really sweet, hope they gonna put in wildlife that move around so the world feels more alive.
    [Deleted User]
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Nice, keep up the good work.
    [Deleted User]
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Yea this game looks VERY nice.   The Combat looks smooth.   All that for Pre-Alpha\Alpha 0.    
    [Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

That annoying bar that was in the middle of the screen is gone. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Lol @ the other post about action combat.  Definitely less excited after watching this.
    cjmarsh
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Nice to see working combat and NPC AI this early into development. If this keeps up, we may see a finished MMORPG from a KS yet!
    [Deleted User]
    --------------------------------------------
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is coming along very nicely. Love the artwork. 
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    No block button?

Sadly combat looks pretty ordinary and honestly disappointing. 

Maybe the game systems will be better...
    JamesGoblinsaker
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Very nice combat, especially for pre-Alpha.  A lot of attention has been paid to movement and animations, showing they know what gamers want to see.  Bios look excellent. 
    [Deleted User]
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    eeeeh i don't know =/

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nice.  :smile:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    At this stage the combat model looks completely generic.
    JamesGoblin
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Shaigh said:

Generic compared to what? What you are seeing is exactly what people have been asking for. Go look at some of the attempted deviations to MMORPG combat and you'll see lots of uproar about it. Honestly, for THIS type of game, for the INTENDED audience, a WoW clone with some tweaks for more control in the game mechanics is all that's required. 
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Galadourn

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    This looks really good. I like that most of the UI is out of the way. I hope it stays that way. A clean UI is so nice.

My concern. It looks beautiful. I hope my 970 can hold up to the demand while being able to render the game with that detail.
    I don't game much on the PC anymore, but this certainly looks one of those games worth an upgrade. As in worth of 4k 120hz capable upgrade. 
    [Deleted User]Galadourn
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Shaigh said:

Generic compared to what? What you are seeing is exactly what people have been asking for. Go look at some of the attempted deviations to MMORPG combat and you'll see lots of uproar about it. Honestly, for THIS type of game, for the INTENDED audience, a WoW clone with some tweaks for more control in the game mechanics is all that's required. 
    There are enough innovative systems on the design board for this game. For combat I want something fun and familiar enough that I can just go blow mobs up if I don't want to do anything else. Mob farming is a cathartic activity for most mmo gamers. Getting that right, and comfortable, is very important.

Yeah I've realized combat is the least place I want an innovation when it comes down to MMOs.
    Cazriel[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    It looks beautiful for the aesthetics and the world very interesting.

However it looks like a modern day World of Warcraft gameplay style.   I'm not saying art or world setting (because seems to be only Humans?).  It's not colorful, there are no Orcs or Trolls or anything that resembles the generic Warhammer copy that Warcraft sports [everyone knows the truth behind that one by now].  

Yet....here we are with this slapped state of standing and attack enemies with a bar of abilities trained by static NPCs (8:45-8:54) in a town.  Go grind monsters until you're sick of it.    Doesn't seem all too spectacular.   The video just piles on the disappointment.   With it being 2018 and of PvE games we have Guildwars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Secrete World Legend, and yes even have WoW.   Nothing really makes this game stand out among those in such a competitive, time-constrained market.    And those aren't even including the plethora of Survival games that are now entering the fantasy realms instead of sticking to post apocalyptic eras (such as Citadel: Forged with Fire).  Inside the PvP market, some of those previously mentioned have a decent enough PvP system. However there's the very up and coming focused games of Camelot Unchained and Crowfall.
    Shaigh

CrazKanuk said:
    Shaigh said:

If they are making another WoW clone with a few tweaks they should stop now. 

Fortunately i I do not believe this is their intent. Thus I hope they don’t give us WoW clone combat.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    bcbully said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Shaigh said:

If they are making another WoW clone with a few tweaks they should stop now. 

Fortunately i I do not believe this is their intent. Thus I hope they don’t give us WoW clone combat.

Sorry, that was a very tongue-in-cheek comment to reflect the simplicity of the argument. This would be a WoW clone the same way that Vanguard or SWG was a WoW clone. 
    ConstantineMerus

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited January 2018
    Wait!....is this thing tab target?? If so, my interest in this game is gone. :(

Joined - July 2004

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Looking forward to this one.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Wait!....is this thing tab target?? If so, my interest in this game is gone. :(
    Which MMORPG are you current playing that isn't tab target? :confused:
    --------------------------------------------
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    It looks good for a Pre-Alpha, though I'd like combat to be more active and dynamic as well as enemy AI for NPCs.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Looks good and all but if no pve servers then no go for me, I am not interested in being content for pvpers and the like.
    cheyaneSinsaisakerdelete5230

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited January 2018
    Asm0deus said:
    Looks good and all but if no pve servers then no go for me, I am not interested in being content for pvpers and the like.
    Get over yourself. Stop playing the victim. Get better. Hell pretend it’s an awesome AI Hunter NPC huntimg you down. Figure out how to avoid him! Lol
    Sinsai
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Get over yourself. Stop playing the victim. Get better. Hell pretend it’s an awesome AI Hunter NPC huntimg you down. Figure out how to avoid him! Lol
    some people just don't have it in them.. same as i'd never be caught in a raid guild as the tank/leader.
    Sinsai

I had fun once, it was terrible.