Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun? Dead?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey folks, is this game fun on PC?  Is it dying or dead?  I read that it was on Steam, but that's either not true, or it no longer is.  Keep it secret!  Keep it safe!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hmm, the official forums go days between posts...
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    The official forums are very inactive, but the game is far from dead. Logging in is the best way to see.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Was the game once on Steam?  Did it get dropped?
    Was the game once on Steam?  Did it get dropped?
    No, it has never been on Steam. It was approved through Greenlight while the program existed, and is pending launch for the platform.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

OK, I'll check it out.  Just so it has a decent player base and community, I might dig it!
    So, how's it going? Anything I can help with? 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    What is this game about?
    Mikeha said:
    What is this game about?
    It's about Newton's laws of motion in a post-industrial, exiled society.  It's about Zen and the art of supply chain maintenance.  It's a place to tell stories.  I recently tried to give a candid rundown here:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/214596/vendetta-online-the-other-mmorpg-where-you-are-a-spaceship

edited December 2017
    There's a half hour event I'll be running at 2 AM Greenwich Mean Time tonight (9 pm Eastern Standard Time): "Corvus Mineral Research".

The location is Sedina D-14; all are welcome to participate.

Bring a ship you don't mind losing.
    Post edited by Phaserlight on

OK, I'm finally going to try this, as I've realized it has a free trial.  Any tips for a new player?  Should I head anywhere in particular to be in more populated space?  With a name like Vendetta, I take it it's open PvP?
    Play the missions: they will lead you in the right direction.  Check the Active Players Graph to see when the more popular times are and what buddies you have online once you build that list: 

https://www.vendetta-online.com/x/active

If you stray out of your nation's territory you will have much less protection.  Beware "grey space" in particular, although you will find some ahead-of-curve gear there.  Note that factions with whom you are Admired or better will harshly penalize anyone that kills you in their Monitored or Guarded space, making it much safer.  Not Corvus, though: Corvus doesn't care.  Your own nation's territory is generally safe.

There is open world PvP with consequence (faction standing) and graded levels of protection. 

Sedina B-8 is a popular dueling spot (as is Latos H-2), although some prefer the military border conflict in Deneb which happens to be on the other side of the universe.  Neither of these are good options until you reach Combat 3.

I strongly recommend trying the game on both mobile and PC: mobile has a free to play forever option. 

End game content tends to revolve around building a capital ship (currently, the Trident Type M or the more attainable Goliath) which you can name and have manned by multiple players.  You will need a lot of capital: social and material.  This in turn helps groups of players to control the conquerable stations, which are needed to build some of the ship parts. 

You can ask for a mentor in chat, although you should finish at least the training missions first.  Pilots are generally eager to answer questions and to help, although some will not hesitate to shoot you in the back if you wander through a grey space wormhole without armament or backup.

I recommend joining a guild, but not too early.

VO now has an official Discord:

You may commence tuning in to global chatter across the cybernets: