Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rockstar's Humble Bundle is an Awesome Collection of Games & Supports a Great Cause - MMORPG.com Ne

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageRockstar's Humble Bundle is an Awesome Collection of Games & Supports a Great Cause - MMORPG.com News

Rockstar has sent word that it has collected a number of its games into a Humble Bundle. Proceeds from the sale of the Rockstar Games Humble Bundle will go to support the Rainforest Alliance, a "network of farmers, foresters, communities, scientists, governments, environmentalists and businesses dedicated to conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods."

Read the full story here

Comments

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Sounds like a great cause!
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Is great bundle similar to humble bundle? Post link please haven't heard of it and web search not very helpful, too generic title perhaps?
    bartoni33Nepheth
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

mystik13 said:

Is great bundle similar to humble bundle? Post link please haven't heard of it and web search not very helpful, too generic title perhaps?

XD Not sureif serious or not, but I think he was saying it was a great bundle.
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Lolz.
    Great bundle? $15 for 5 (and more) years old games. Manhunt, seriously?
    Buy this amazing human slaughter game...Cmon its for the support.
    (Manhunt is not available in the following countries: Germany/Australia/New Zealand/Cuba/Sudan/Japan/Singapore/Yemen)

"Proceeds from the sale of the Rockstar Games Humble Bundle will go to support the Rainforest Alliance"
    I dont get it. Isnt HB always about charity? Also these are people's money its people support Rainforest Alliance, not RS. If RS want to support they should get money from thier own pockets.

P.S. They didnt even bother to remove stupid GFWL.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Fan of Rockstar, but today when the word "charity" is used you have to do due diligence. Many operate behind an opaque wall, making great claims but not living up to the standards expected of them.

The ideals of the Rainforest Alliance are laudable, but then the ideals of most charities are laudable. You have to look beyond that, below is a link to the RA's report from BBB Wise Giving Alliance. Standards were not met, I would question giving them a donation.

I know some people who fall into the "well even if the charity has question marks it has to do some good" category. But that just allows the charity to never get its house in order. BBB Wise Giving does not exactly have hard rules to pass, they should not be insurmountable hurdles.

http://www.give.org/charity-reviews/national/environment/rainforest-alliance-in-new-york-ny-2096