Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO like WoW

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
Looking for an mmo like wow with high player base battle grounds not p2w so black desert online is out and no space games eve online sucks i played it don't like that type of game something close to wow.

DekahnMikehaViper482MensurPhry

Comments

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    There is no better WoW game than WoW.  Why not just play WoW.
    Allerleirauhjosko9
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Final Fantasy XIV is pretty close to WoW in terms of gameplay. There's an unlimited free trial up to level 35, it's subscription based and not pay to win.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    edited December 2017
    SWTOR is really the only thing close as far as player base and its not all that "spacey".
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Swtor is made in design to mimic Wow the dev's stated that when they made the game. Wildstar is also like Wow in alot of ways but has a action combat system. Other then that any game that came out around or after up to Guild Wars 2 is pretty much a Wow type game.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    EQ2

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Sounds like you want to play WoW, so why not just play it?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Sounds like you want to play WoW, so why not just play it?

Because he probably wants a different setting, that ok with? 
    [Deleted User]

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    You're in luck! Here's a good list. https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list
    [Deleted User]MensurFTrunks21
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Krematory said:
    Final Fantasy XIV is pretty close to WoW in terms of gameplay. There's an unlimited free trial up to level 35, it's subscription based and not pay to win.

I don't know why people say this, I just don't see it. Themepark questing does not make a game close to WoW.
    [Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    DMKano said:
    Add Rift to the list

Probably the closest you can get to WoW without playing WoW.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Viper482 said:
    Krematory said:

I don't know why people say this, I just don't see it. Themepark questing does not make a game close to WoW.
    I get a similar vibe while playing it, just in a FF setting. With SWTOR, on the other hand, the feeling is not the same. Different strokes I guess.
    Viper482

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

nolic1 said:
    Swtor is made in design to mimic Wow the dev's stated that when they made the game. Wildstar is also like Wow in alot of ways but has a action combat system. Other then that any game that came out around or after up to Guild Wars 2 is pretty much a Wow type game.

I'll give you Wildstar minus the combat, but GW2? Really? How on Earth is GW2 anything like WoW?
    Krematory[Deleted User]jimbobfurleyMensurCelciusPhry
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    A mmo like wow? man you need to broaden your mmo horizon! 
    Phry

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited January 2018
    FF14 is your best option for sure. The game is basically WoW with a FF skin.(2nd most popular MMO) EQ2 and Rift are dead outside endgame. Wildstar is just dead. SWTOR is another game that is pretty much dead outside endgame. 
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    World of Life is pretty much like WoW.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I would say Rift or Wildstar in the current set of MMO's. Asta and Allods were insanely close but Asta is gone, and Allods is extremely pay to win and dead. FFXIV is close in terms of how the content works, and has 0 pay to win, but you have to get used to the GCD in combat which causes it to be a bit slower paced. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I would say FFXIV or SWTOR, as both are basically WoW with a different skin. However SWTOR doesn’t have the population of WoW, but I believe FFXIV does. 

ESO is somewhat somewhat different from WoW but does have the population. I guess you’ll have to decide which is more important, population or gameplay. 

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    There are alot of mmorpgs for pc but a single one is just like WoW.

Here are some which are close to

Everquest 2, LOTRO, Rift and lest not forget the one and only mighty Everquest 1.

These are all older ones. Later on companies started to experiment with the genre, although all mmorpgs. they are not as close to WoW as the latter. Most MMORPGS after 2010 are differen't than WoW's  tabtargeting autotack combat system with lots of skills and spells. Newer mmorpg's mostly mimic games like God of War or DMC combat in an mmorpg game settings and certainly not as hard as DMC. 

Alot of newer MMORPG's has voiced quests. 

Sandbox seems to be a things when creating an mmorpgs these days, made by some unknown indie company. WoW is/was always a themepark.

There are also some games called WoW clones like Runes of Magic and Allods, because they have the same art style which is cartoony gothic fantasy.

Newer games like GW2 and ESO also has alot more simple combat with mostly only a few 6 hotbuttons at one time.

If you want a mmorpg with the most advanced graphics, it'll probable be black desert online or blade and soul, some might even still say Guild Wars 2.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited January 2018
    If your looking for new flashing endgame content with high GCD then FFXIV . If you looking for old type system like wow use to had then Rift.
  • DraconianPhilosopherDraconianPhilosopher Member CommonPosts: 6
    There are two recommendations I would make, depending on your tastes. If by "Like WoW" you mean the fantasy setting, some diverse classes, and some interesting different fantasy races to choose from, Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV are good choices. GW2 doesn't have the class system, but instead replaces it with a looser event style system where repeatable content pops up all over the map for you to complete. It's well made map is its best feature, although I'll grant that its story is a huge learning curve that I never made it over (I stopped playing about two weeks in: it wasn't for me). Combat is some of the best I've seen in a game, personally. Very fluid and mobile, and pretty simple to grasp.

FFXIV has classes, lore, and pretty much everything that WoW does but based within the FF world with all that entails. It's well made, though the map isn't the best I've ever seen. It's beautiful graphically, music is well made and memorable, and the story is great once you get into it. The class system is entirely different than WoW's though - you can switch any time you want while outside of combat, and you can be any class no matter what you start with. While it does hurt the idea of having alts, you don't really need them from what I've seen unless you just want a fresh start. 
  • Dransik2012Dransik2012 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    ashenempires.com good game  three races human orc night elf can lvl to 110
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited January 2018
    FFXIV is pretty much a WoW clone with an anime theme, if you can live if that. It's definitively a much better MMO than WoW. Can't think of any other traditional MMO with a high playerbase though. It's a dying breed.

ESO, GW2, SWTOR and BDO would be the other obvious choices, but they aren't really as much themepark nor traditional.
  • melyne28melyne28 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Well, what you mean, like wow? If you mean interface, quests, raids and so than LOTRO, FFXIV, Rift are good ones to look at. GW2 and ESO will feel familiar, but not "the same" so to speak. SWTOR sub must have, less content, but not bad choice too. Better if you just make some clear list what you want to see in games and just check them out. I hope it helps.