Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle for Azeroth PreOrders Begin for $50 or $70 Big PvP Changes, Allied Races & More in BfA

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    calibek said:
    So are the allied races in game and playable today If you purchase BfA?
    YES! If you have all the requirements complete, including prepurchasing BfA, you can make and play your Allied Race today.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Unless they somehow return meaningful and choice-heavy character development back into the game I will continue to have zero interest in current wow. But, since it has been a while since I've seen anything on the WoW vanilla servers I am starting to get worried about that. I really enjoyed wow from vanilla through WotlK. Anyone know what is going on with that?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Pre-orders broke the game
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Ozmodan said:
    Pointless exercise.  The new races are strictly eye candy.  Buying something that you won't see for another year is not very smart.
    Why wouldn't it be smart?

If you like WoW, you're going to buy it sooner or later anyway, and for most adults our financial situation is good enough that we might as well buy sooner and enjoy our cosmetics while waiting.
    SBFord

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Ozmodan said:

Pointless exercise.  The new races are strictly eye candy.  Buying something that you won't see for another year is not very smart.

Or in other words, I don t like WoW so it s pointless.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This is why we won't see a new AAA MMORPG for the next 10+ years.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2018
    Like i always do, I'll get this expansion and 1 month of subscription a couple days before launch. I might get another month of sub sometime between now and launch day to cover any missing story bits from Legion to prepare for the BfA story line.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    nice mounts but no way in hell i'm giving them 70$ for that. 

I had fun once, it was terrible.

nice mounts but no way in hell i'm giving them 70$ for that. 

If you re getting the x pac and like mounts it s cheap actually.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Dragnelus said:

Early access to Allied Races

When? xD

If today, I prob will use the boost for my main class instead of race change.
    Just fyi.. Alliance allied races (Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves) do require exalted status with the 2 Argus factions namely the Army of the Light and the Argussian Reach. I think this is utter BS from Blizzard as finishing the Argus story which covers ALL the relevant lore and reaching revered should be enough.

So, start farming them world quests and weekly invasion point quests.
    If you want to know if you've fulfilled the requirements to unlock Allied Races, go here, enter your character name and realm and it will show what you have completed and / or what you may still need to do.

https://www.wowhead.com/attunement
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• weaponx1969weaponx1969 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Blizzard charged me for the upgrade 7 times. The payment system is a joke and there is no phone number to call. I just called my bank and canceled payment on all but one. Buyer beware.
    rojoArcueid
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    If you want to know if you've fulfilled the requirements to unlock Allied Races, go here, enter your character name and realm and it will show what you have completed and / or what you may still need to do.

https://www.wowhead.com/attunement
    So you have to have the entire page showing complete to unlock the races (save for the reputation, which just has to be for the specific faction associated with each race)?

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Release is on or before 21 sept xD

This is mine. You need the top things all green to unlock each of the mentioned races. This has to be done by ONE level 110 character (and is possible for both factions for all 4) and it then unlocks allied races on your entire account.

My Hordie unlocked all of the above but I can make Alliance allied race characters too as a result. 

You can just unlock the races you're interested in (with more coming after BfA launches) or all of them if you're like me because...reasons. :D That tool will provide you with relevant guides on how to efficiently get it all done. :)

Hardest reps to get Exalted: Argussian Reach and Army of the Light, though it's easier since 7.3.5.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonrojoArcueid

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2018
    Seems like quite a few people are given an extra gift by blizzard for pre-purchasing:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761008137?page=1
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    My progress (been slack)

SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

I m waiting till tomorrow lol. No rush.
    Soki123 said:
    I m waiting till tomorrow lol. No rush.
    Yeah, I may do that as well.  I haven't finished the Argus stuff to get the Alliance races yet anyway.  I just want to see if I can look at them in the selection menus. :)

Good plan.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I believe they have increased the amount of rep you get from completing the weekly and daily quests from 1000 to 1500. Not the world quests.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    SBFord said:

This is mine. You need the top things all green to unlock each of the mentioned races. This has to be done by ONE level 110 character (and is possible for both factions for all 4) and it then unlocks allied races on your entire account.

My Hordie unlocked all of the above but I can make Alliance allied race characters too as a result. 

You can just unlock the races you're interested in (with more coming after BfA launches) or all of them if you're like me because...reasons. :D That tool will provide you with relevant guides on how to efficiently get it all done. :)

Hardest reps to get Exalted: Argussian Reach and Army of the Light, though it's easier since 7.3.5.
    Thanks for the info Suzie.  My main question that I had you just answered.  I was really hoping you could unlock both sides new races with one character.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    Akulas said:
    My progress (been slack)

Im figuring out how to enter argus :( I want a velf.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I don't own WoW in any form. If I purchase the $50 package is that all I need to log in and play everything?
    I don't own WoW in any form. If I purchase the $50 package is that all I need to log in and play everything?
    No, there is a 77 euro pack or something around that price.