Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maiev Lands on the PTR With Lunar Festival Event - Heroes of the Storm News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMaiev Lands on the PTR With Lunar Festival Event - Heroes of the Storm News

Maiev Shadowsong is now available on the Heroes of the Storm PTR. She is the most recently announced hero coming to the Nexus and brings an interesting game to bear. Her abilities are tailored to be viable against high-mobility characters.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Awww yes, more loot boxes.. (said no one ever).
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Being that they're 100% cosmetic, your point is? Don't be a hating sheeple. Not all loot boxes are equal. :)
    Nepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Ironicly HoTS is the only game where I non-ironically say "Aww yes, more loot boxes" with how much time some people (myself included) sink into mobas its about time one rewards you for it appropriately . I have close to 4000 hours logged and only have 40% of all cosmetics.
    Nepheth
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    SBFord said:
    Being that they're 100% cosmetic, your point is? Don't be a hating sheeple. Not all loot boxes are equal. :)
    It might just be that HotS actually became more generous (to the free player) after the shift to loot boxes. It's a strange exception to the rule.
    SBFordNepheth
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    edited January 2018

jj7009 said:

Ironicly HoTS is the only game where I non-ironically say "Aww yes, more loot boxes" with how much time some people (myself included) sink into mobas its about time one rewards you for it appropriately . I have close to 4000 hours logged and only have 40% of all cosmetics.

The way I saw it was it made it nice for those who didn’t pay for skins and more difficult for those who did (direct purchase). Instead maximizing monetization through gambling addiction over doing the right thing (at least removing duplicates) but it appears looming threat of legislation has them changing their system albeit if that’s what it takes then it’s a bit too late for me. ‘Spose most don’t feel the same sentiment.
    BruceYee
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

jj7009 said:

The way I saw it was it made it nice for those who didn’t pay for skins and more difficult for those who did (direct purchase). Instead maximizing monetization through gambling addiction over doing the right thing (at least removing duplicates) but it appears looming threat of legislation has them changing their system albeit if that’s what it takes then it’s a bit too late for me. ‘Spose most don’t feel the same sentiment.
    That is generally how I feel about the game's business model. For me, it's a benefit, as I am playing for free and HotS is particularly generous. But lootbox systems in general do an incredibly poor job at making paying feel rewarding.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

SBFord said:

Yeah the highest i've spent in Overwatch to get a skin I wanted is $50 and I got like 3 2 Legendary on a single roll before, HOTS don't really play it that much but the lootbox are not as bad as Arche Age where I would throw in $200+ and not get the costume.