Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Battle for Alpha-roth (Sorry.)

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Battle for Alpha-roth (Sorry.)

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2018
    Good job Bill, 2018 is shaping up to be a much better year than 17 for the MMO genre
    chocolate42069MitaraNanulak
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

Scorchien said:

Good job Bill, 2018 is shaping up to be a much better year than 17 for the MMO genre

I'm beyond confused there. Bill making all these crappy MMO's in 2018 lol?
    v_VeMitara

SNIP

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As bleak as the next few months to this entire year looks, Bless Steam EA, Conan Exiles Launch (not really an mmo), Crowfall Beta/perhaps launch, Camelot Unchained Beta, WoW expansion, WWO Beta, RS mobile, Dual Universe Beta, etc. The bleak aspect is that half of these aren't guarantees and at best are betas or early access, but tbh this alone imo is more to look forward to than the past year and perhaps even the past two years.
    UngoodMitaraScot
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    kanechart said:

Scorchien said:

I'm beyond confused there. Bill making all these crappy MMO's in 2018 lol?
    unfortunate ... some folks are very easily confused tho ... I hope things get better for you
    bobbymcswansonSinsaiGrendizer73SirSlaske
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I am kinda of amazed that Crowfall was not mentioned.
    Sekmeta
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• nemein1nemein1 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    swtor was so ruined what a shame i wont go back to that f2p my arse its p2p still cause f2p version is locked behind walls
    SekmetaPsym0njimbobfurley
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Scorchien said:

It's a low bar to clear but I agree
    ScorchienMitaraSirSlaske

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Scorchien said:

It's a low bar to clear but I agree
    It is ... but things are looking up ...
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I view those YouTube vids of someone that redoes WoW areas but with the Unreal engine sometimes & really wish Blizzard would hire that individual & adapt that to WoW with a new server. I'd resubscribe for that.

Well done on the MMOFTW. It's always nice to get a recap of some of the gaming news per week.

"Walking petridishes" gotta luv it.
    BillMurphy
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Need Bill to read me bed time stories.

BillMurphyMitara
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Glad these are back dude, always happy to see a new MMOFTW pop up.
    BillMurphyYashaX
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KrumkoKrumko Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Resubscribed to WoW a few days ago in preparation for Battle for Azeroth! Feel better Bill. Still really glad to have MMOFTW back.
    BillMurphyBruceYeeScot
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300

Scorchien said:

2017 was a great year for MMO’s at least from what I remember. ESO, FF14 and Guild Wars 2 all released good expansions last year.
    BillMurphy
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Only thing I care about here is WoW.
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

nemein1 said:

swtor was so ruined what a shame i wont go back to that f2p my arse its p2p still cause f2p version is locked behind walls

Swtor was ruined when it stopped focusing on republic vs empire.
    winghaven1Psym0n
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Maybe this was announced in another video but isn't Crowfall and Shroud of the Avatar being launched soonish? Seems I heard this mentioned somewhere.
    Sovrath

Let's party like it is 1863!

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    MMOFTW was the only thing I really ever shared with my close-knit group of gamer friends, then it went away for a while. Now it's back and it's the only thing I really ever share with my close-knit group of gamer friends lol.
    BillMurphy
    Isaiah 41:10
  • Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Uhhu Great year for mmos.... C'mon people ... such low standards for games .... Teh heck man .... All of those MMO's are just pathetic games at best .... WoW included. Have phun waiting for Mediocre !
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    What I'd like to know is when Legends of Aria is added to Steam will it be the same official server as the stand alone client or a new Steam official server like what ESO did. Also would like to know if KS people will be able to play on Steam or if they have to buy it again like ESO.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Great that MMOFTW is back :)
    BillMurphy
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Nice report.
  • R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    The rumor was that the already HAVE pulled people both from SWTOR and Dragon Age to work on Anthem and I dont think its too far-fetched.
    BillMurphy
  • KezBotKezBot Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Rock on Mr. Murphy!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Don't let a bad Petri Dish Kid get you down.