Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta 1 Finally Arrives on Monday, January 29th - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

collekt said:

OhhPaigey said:

I am totally uninterested in this game. We already seen Albion Online fail.

Uh okay? This game has very little in common with Albion Online.

After seeing that they won't have a pve server, I think it will be very close to Albion. PvP, blah, blah, blah. Just another monster game that allows PvP griefers to ruin it for as many people as they can. Has completely dropped from my radar hearing that they won't have a pve server at release.
    Thunder073CazrielKnytta
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2018

collekt said:

OhhPaigey said:

Well they likely mean the graphics wise are not that great, Albion Failed because the development team was bad, they really didn't have a team to begin with.

Early Alpha, Albion was the bomb I know this from being a 3+ year backer of the game played the game through invities with a clan and private invites beforthe game even went on sale.

Where Albion began to fail was the Cash Shop during Beta phases they put in a cash shop without thinking players commit fraud, or gold sellers rather, and they never fixed in Beta, or Early final wipe / launch when they knew 3 months prior about the issues going on and could have done something or delayed the launch.

Before the cash shop however is where the game started to go down-hill by removing the key focus of the game which was supposed to be PVP and putting it PVE as well trying to copy EVE Online, this was one of the biggest mistakes in my eyes because it split the development focus of the game which had a small dev team as it was.

The games customer support is horrid, when they accuse you of cheating, or purchasing currency from a 3rd party they do exactly that even without having actual evidence to support it aka transaction logs with the Banks proving a transaction ever took place or anything, compared in general to Blizzard Entertainments support, this is one reason the game has failed massively.

Albion Online didn't fail because 2D games or rather 3D based games like it suck, I mean look at RuneScape still alive and kicking, it's because of the poor decisions of Developers, the many directions the game tried to take, and not listening to players feedback it's just proven that GMBH companies, also those responsible for making the illicit Denuvo DRM can't be trusted thus before i ever Back, or buy a game again I check where the game comes from before putting money into it.

Now about Citadel Studios, I can't find much on it other than it's a small company based off what I find off Linked In, but as far as I can tell its a United States company, sure the game might fail, but I doubt the game will launch with as horrid experience as Albion Online, and I bet they will actually have good customer service, of course there is only one way to find out though and that is by giving the game a try so perhaps I will give the game a try just to see what it's like, and put in a support ticket just to see what the customer support is like if it's more professional like Blizzard.

http://citadelstudios.net/?page_id=169
    Thunder073
  • Riot55Riot55 Member UncommonPosts: 49

Thupli said:

collekt said:

OhhPaigey said:

After seeing that they won't have a pve server, I think it will be very close to Albion. PvP, blah, blah, blah. Just another monster game that allows PvP griefers to ruin it for as many people as they can. Has completely dropped from my radar hearing that they won't have a pve server at release.

Like half of the world is within guard zone lol, you have to have SOME risk to add some interest beyond that. I imagine you will be able to play 90% of your time in absolute safety if that's how you choose to play. But the freedom of player interaction is what many remember so fondly from the early years of UO, whether those interactions were positive or negative. It brought real emotion and excitement to every adventure in the world.

I for one am excited to try this game and plan on getting into the beta. Nothing can truly replicate the rush of UO back in the day but from all the videos I've seen it looks close! I just miss having a bunch of skills that raise somewhat slowly and a giant world to explore without quests all the time. I love wandering and seeing player houses and vendors and creating a blacksmith to supply weapons for my other characters. I like the compromises they seem to have made in terms of player safety/pvp zones (should be enough for everyone).
    Thunder073tw33kManWithNoTan
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited January 2018
    collekt said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    I'm well aware of what this game is, I've played the alpha before the name change in 2016 and 2017.
    LeFantomeThunder073VerenathManWithNoTan
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

OhhPaigey said:

collekt said:

OhhPaigey said:

I'm well aware of what this game is, I've played the alpha before the name change in 2016 and 2017.

Yeah , same here too. I got into the alpha and that game is far from good.

• TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I love crafting in MMO's. On their main page under crafting it says there's a GRAND TOTAL OF 144 RECIPES. Can someone explain to me how that works? 144 in total doesn't seem a lot for a MMO
    freakky

OhhPaigey said:

collekt said:

OhhPaigey said:

Does the game have a trial?
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    My focus has never been PvP in MMO's but I'm personally tired of MMO's with no consequence or repercussions in the world as there are just so many of those games available so a world with danger where you have to be on your toes sounds pretty appealing.
    Thunder073Borluc
  • ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    This game is Best out there atm. Especially if u play on the ultima server with ultima ruleset, skill, pvp, crafting, spells, No carebear mode or just play as a crafter with ur own guild City or vendors
    Thunder073Wizbuiz
  • neiruliusneirulius Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Coolit said:
    My focus has never been PvP in MMO's but I'm personally tired of MMO's with no consequence or repercussions in the world as there are just so many of those games available so a world with danger where you have to be on your toes sounds pretty appealing.
    Honestly, I'm sort of the same. I like pvp but I've never been the mlg pro type nor have I ever found ganking to be much fun, even in full loot games. I just like a constant feeling of danger and the community drama that loose pvp rules and death penalties create.
    Slapshot1188BorlucCoolit
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    If I can't play without worrying about griefers, then I won't purchase the game.
    Thunder073Thupli

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    gonna wait for lost ark.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Grym said:

If I can't play without worrying about griefers, then I won't purchase the game.

Depends, PVP vs Griefing.

Griefing to me is like in Arche Age when they made forced PVP in zones in a game that was not declared PVP.

Full loot pvp like Dark Fall is a hardcore game supposed to be that way and great.
    Thunder073
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I picked this up in kick starter but never really clicked for me.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Tiller said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    As you can already see by some of the triggered posts incoming this community is gonna be toxic af, just like Albion. It's ok, they can have their empty game.
    I can't find one toxic post. Well, except yours.
    Slapshot1188KyleranMightyUncleanBorlucManWithNoTan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Thanks to this site I was gently reminded through this article that apparently I own this game. ! Must of gotten lost in the pile of early access stuff I had been into. Looking forward to checking this out.
    Borluc
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OhhPaigey said:

Totally uninterested...Still takes the time to read and reply to posts about it!
    BorlucKyleranJamesGoblinVerenathdjnj2000
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    edited January 2018
    Legends of Aria appears to have more in common with Ultima Online than Albion Online, which makes the two modern games substantially different from each other than greater than usual PvP freedom.

As for "toxic" players, good luck finding any online game regardless of PvE:PvP focus without them. At least in games with fairly open PvP, players can act directly against such elements if they wish, where in a game without there is often no immediate recourse, and perhaps none at all.
    djnj2000
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I'm not too worried about the PvP aspect.  From what I've read, it sounds like it's going to be largely optional, depending on what part of the world you want to go to.  Is that not correct?
    Thunder073
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

I'm not too worried about the PvP aspect.  From what I've read, it sounds like it's going to be largely optional, depending on what part of the world you want to go to.  Is that not correct?

Yeah. Large parts of the world are safe. Others have guard towers you can run to. The.ln there are lawless areas. At least that is how they currently are implementing it.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited January 2018
    "The penalty for death ranges by server rules from a slap on the wrist to FULL LOOT"

Now I am interested!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Albion ended up being disappointing.  Played it for a few weeks and then just lost interest.  The game world was not interesting/dynamic enough to entice me to go out and do anything, they forgot the sandbox in their name (the devs).

Will likely give this a shot but I'm not hopeful, their entire premise (fragmenting an already tiny player base) seems to be an invitation of failure.
    RemyVorender
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Speaking of which, went to the site this morning, nada.
  • Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Speaking of which, went to the site this morning, nada.
    It's all live now.  $30 for the basic founder's pack and beta access.
    KyleranCoolit
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    waiting for steam release
    • Aloha Mr Hand !