Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Brother's Watching - Blizzard Culling Toxic Players Via Social Media Vigilance - Overwatch Video

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I just love it when morons out themselves by posting their evidence on YT or Twitch... like the group of geniuses that posted YT videos of how to break and exploit the newest raid in ESO recently that led to several temporary bans of those who used the exploit after learning about it and permabans to those posting the "how to" videos.

It's not like Big Brother is watching you it's more like you phoning Big Brother and saying "hey, watch this!" lol.
    SovrathJeffSpicolik61977
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Akulas said:

Some people troll on purpose for the reactions

That's top secret information sir.
    Cazriel
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited January 2018
    btdt said:
    cheyane said:
    Why can't people exercise self control. Is it so hard even when you're mad to avoid cursing and issuing death threats or abusing people verbally and calling them names. What has happened to people that they feel they can use such language and abuse others on the internet. Why shouldn't companies get rid of those people?
    Considering that we live in a world where shooting people is the norm, I don't see profanity as having any shock value these days.  It has so permeated the fabric of our lives that it might as well be considered proper English.

I don't know about you, but I haven't gone through a single day without hearing a curse word... even in church it's used.

Self control is a two-way street... the recipients response is often just as much in need of self control as the perpetrator.  After all, you are the one giving his/her words power over you, not the other way around.
    I  live in a place where shooting is not the norm and hardly see guns even except on the police and army. Hardly a swear word , I must live in quite a different environment from you. Might hear a friendly swear word uttered in jest but nothing in vehemence. I live in Europe.
    Cazriel
    Chamber of Chains
  • ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    This is the Real World.
    u cant fix global human degenerative behavior in a game, the biggest troll is their president. Some People are scumbags some are introvert scumbags at least the scumbags spilling their Beans are legit about it. Kids under 15 should not play online games anyway, their bag of human relations is so poor that they are in constant danger of brain wash and adapting sociopathic traits
    Wizbuiz
  • neiruliusneirulius Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I guess this affirms the idea that Overwatch is primarily a game for teenagers.
    HarikenJeffSpicoli
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    neirulius said:
    I guess this affirms the idea that Overwatch is primarily a game for teenagers.
    All of the games like this are.
    postlarval
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2018
    Well here is a good example of why I love Blizzard, and Riot Games.

I was playing League OF Legends earlier, and three people on my team were being toxic, two were extremely toxic.

So our jungler just runs into my lane and starts taking farm / cs in a match that is already bad because I am countered does nothing useful, causes the enemy to get ahead passively griefing.

Then one user in particular our garbage support harassments chat, tells me "KYS" and spams the 4 letter word in chat like 10+ times.

Right after the game I Just reported all of them, sure enough, I got this notice above while queue for another game guy got banhammered, Justice Served.

I am glad Blizzard and Riot are taking a stance in the right direction as long as Blizzard isn't banning people for playing a hero someone doesn't like in a match and just chat toxicity then I am all for it.

On the other hand both Smite & DOTA 2 community is full of abusive toxic people on Solo Queues, and the report systems are not reviewed by any type of automated system or players and often makes mistakes because trolls abuse the reporting function with Riot they actually check and verify.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Avarix said:

I'm torn on this. I like the idea of getting rid of toxic people. A lot of games need this badly. I feel like this is crossing a line, or getting extremely close to crossing one though.

Reminds me of this: In grade school I got in trouble one weekend. I was caught with a friend smoking by his Aunt. This happened on a Saturday. When I got to school on Monday the Principal called me into his office. He had heard about what happened and I got in trouble with him, and he gave me a week of detention. I was outraged. What did what I do on the weekend have to do with school? It felt extremely unfair.

This feels a lot like that. If it happens in Overwatch, or any Blizzard game, then by all means go crazy. Outside of that though...

He cared enough to try and do something so you didn't end up addicted and die from cancer. Methinks you missed the point and never got it even now.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Wish i could remove Blizzard's toxic business operations from gaming.
    I also wish i could ask face to face Kaplan some serious questions about how they operate,instead of their BS paying websites and people to market and kiss ass their business.

When they released Wow,i couldn't care less,i didn't even know who Blizzard was but after the last few years,i have seen a lifetime worth of sickness spewing from their business operations.
    A VERY greedy business,good at taking ,crap at giving and good at taking credit for other's goodwill,like charity money where they SELL the items and players fork over the money.

I would put Blizzard right alongside Athene another scummy personality out to rip people off of their money with BS manipulation and lies.

I could write a novel on the BS that goes on inside of HS and some of the BS claims they have made or i should say outright LIES.
    Name one developer that makes more nerfs than Blizzard....NONE,that is because they can't get it right EVER.So people spend money inside of HS building decks then see them get nerfed,a real slap in the face.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    They should give the players the tools to avoid players they deem toxic. Some people are tripping on power over there. They want full control of your gaming experience.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Whatever it takes. Keep on fighting, devs!

Joined - July 2004