Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Class For a Warlock?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
Greetings!

So my friend is trying to get me back into WoW to play with him for the expansion and I'm thinking about getting back into it as much as I've tried looking at other titles I always find the MMO to be my favorite genre. Also doing 2v2/3v3 is one of my favorite things about WoW.  All he play's is a Warlock though.. So trying to find a dps class that works well with a Warlock.

Thanks!

On a random note.. It's hard to find these forums for just WoW. It doesn't come up under the game list for some reason. 

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I guess Rogue + Warlock or Druid + Warlock is still legit, maybe Demon Hunter + Warlock.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    What could be better than having a warlock in a group? 2 warlocks of course :p
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Boomkin.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    What about a Mage? 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Warlock was always my main in WOW but they are 100% DPS. As a duo they work best with any class that can tank/heal... Druid, Paladin or Monk is what you should be thinking about.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Warlock was always my main in WOW but they are 100% DPS. As a duo they work best with any class that can tank/heal... Druid, Paladin or Monk is what you should be thinking about.
    Really? Was hoping to stay away from playing a healer. 
    Iselin said:
    Well you're talking about duoing and he already has the full-on DPS covered... so. It sort of limits you. But it depends on what exactly it is you want to duo. For overland content a Warlock and anything else, even a second lock, works just fine.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Well you're talking about duoing and he already has the full-on DPS covered... so. It sort of limits you. But it depends on what exactly it is you want to duo. For overland content a Warlock and anything else, even a second lock, works just fine.

Could you elaborate more on what you mean by "overland content" please?
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Basically questing. Anything that isn't PVP or instanced content.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Oh ok. The duo would only be in arena's  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Oh ok. The duo would only be in arena's  
    Druids are pretty good in duos and flexible.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Double DPS can be tricky in 2's.
    Forgrimm said:
    True. But the matches are quicker than DPS/Heal
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Forgrimm said:
    Agreed.  I think a Druid might be best for the healing support potential.  You can still play a DPS Druid and have some healing potential to help out in a pinch.

Forgrimm said:
    Agreed.  I think a Druid might be best for the healing support potential.  You can still play a DPS Druid and have some healing potential to help out in a pinch.
    Druid huh?  What are my other options? Lol.  My Druid is only like 90 something so still would have to work on that. 
    MadFrenchie
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited January 2018
    You could always roll a pally tank or dps.  The tank doesn't need heals really as it self heals alot and truly is a tank.  The only down side to the tank is most people would zero in on your friend because they know one on one a fight with you is not going to be easy.  You could also shield your friend and lay hands if needed to.  The dps side is great once you have figured out which skills you want to focus on, at least in legion, it will most likely all be changing later this year when they drop the next xpac.  Also something to note is to choose a race that benefits your playstyle not just by the looks.  That little bit of extra something you get from racials might not make a huge difference but it can help in a pinch.
    k61977 said:
    You could always roll a pally tank or dps.  The tank doesn't need heals really as it self heals alot and truly is a tank.  The only down side to the tank is most people would zero in on your friend because they know one on one a fight with you is not going to be easy.  You could also shield your friend and lay hands if needed to.  The dps side is great once you have figured out which skills you want to focus on, at least in legion, it will most likely all be changing later this year when they drop the next xpac.
    A part of me wants to play a Shaman because I've always had fun on my enhancement Shaman but that was back in Cata.. So I'm sure the playstyle now is completely different.  Other than that.. I enjoy my Ret Paladin. I really wanna stay away from a Warrior if possible.  
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2018
    Forgrimm said:
    Druid huh?  What are my other options? Lol.  My Druid is only like 90 something so still would have to work on that. 
    Paladin wouldn't be a bad choice.  Ret still has Flash Heal, Lay On Hands, and an ally-targettable physical damage shield (though a lengthy cooldown on the last two).  It also still has the "Oh shit" bubble for yourself.  I enjoy playing my Ret Paladin (that's my main and 110 level character).
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

Forgrimm said:
    Paladin wouldn't be a bad choice.  Ret still has Flash Heal, Lay On Hands, and an ally-targettable physical damage shield (though a lengthy cooldown on the last two).  It also still has the "Oh shit" bubble for yourself.  I enjoy playing my Ret Paladin (that's my main and 110 level character).
    I'm assuming that Human would be the best race for PvP with the free trinket? 
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    My wife and I do Warlock and Hunter , it s awesome.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    k61977 said:
    You could always roll a pally tank or dps.  The tank doesn't need heals really as it self heals alot and truly is a tank.  The only down side to the tank is most people would zero in on your friend because they know one on one a fight with you is not going to be easy.  You could also shield your friend and lay hands if needed to.  The dps side is great once you have figured out which skills you want to focus on, at least in legion, it will most likely all be changing later this year when they drop the next xpac.
    A part of me wants to play a Shaman because I've always had fun on my enhancement Shaman but that was back in Cata.. So I'm sure the playstyle now is completely different.  Other than that.. I enjoy my Ret Paladin. I really wanna stay away from a Warrior if possible.  

Shaman would work well, you can allways switch to the healer part, if requires

For paladin goes the same, except that the holy paladin is a Mellee Healer hybrid

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)