Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would bring you back to WoW?

Comments

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I'll be back for the expansion to play with friends. Also I love doing arena's so that's always something.  Anyone suggest a class that works with a Warlock? Hunter/Rogue?
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    The op did not ask for your general opinion about the game, they specifically asked what, that has been removed or changed, would you bring back. Hariken and someforumguy are the only two what have correctly answered the op's question thus far. Try to stay on target folks. 

As for me, bringing back larger harder raids would be #1, mostly the party size.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    If they
    • overhaul the graphics
    • rework the classes
    • make legendary items legendary again
    • get rid of mindless quest
    • make the story less ridiculous
    • make PvP fun and worth again
    • add new interesting classes
    • make it impossible to use addons
    • remove mythic
    heck, they just should make WoW 2 :D

observerRaven
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I would only go back to WoW if there was a proper sequel with a new engine and focus.  The current WoW is too outdated for me.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    3 faction rvr

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    what's keeping me away at this moment is the playerbase but i kind of need them to do what i like(pvp) so not sure...

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Any version under 2.3.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    observer said:
    I would only go back to WoW if there was a proper sequel with a new engine and focus.  The current WoW is too outdated for me.

I would be fine with a new engine and action combat system. 

Raven

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Can someone make a "What would you remove from current wow?" thread so I can put these follower micro-management sims on there. That's honestly going to be the main thing that determines if I buy it or not since legion's follower system feels worse than WoD and definitely more intrusive.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    A new expansion, It always does. It will keep me busy & happy for about 2 months and then ill be back on here bitching about how much the game sucks 
    Kylerangegecouc
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I probably will skip the next expansion but I will try legacy wow if the sub price is separate, meaning i don't HAVE to sub to the new version first.
  • ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    better graphics,they sucked.better gameplay  it sucked.the storyline sucked.i know PAY me to play
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    WOW ll would be the ONLY thing. Game is WAAAAYYYYYYYY past playable now.
  • ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    i know i know,they allow you to make 1 free character ,it is a space character, on a set date you log in and view the world from space.than at a set time,they BLOW the whole thing up,you allow 5  min for silence ,than everyone get to shout and yell at the end of wow,than you shut it off.never to appear again.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    A whole new WoW.  I'll entertain Classic (1.12.1) and may even enjoy it if builded with newer graphics.  Ideally; for me anyway - game that meshes other games would be ideal (but that will never happen).  To many millennials. 

Tab targeting is fine because action based MMOs usually leave ya five actions - errr.

Challanging combat, similar to 1.12.1 WoW (don't want to be able to aggro everything on the map without repercussions.

Elite roaming the maps like RIFT (again, keeps ya looking over your shoulder).

Graphics similar to FFXIV or SWTOR are fine.

Dungeons like  FFXIV are perfect. 

Open, none instanced world like WoW is great.  

Housing like EQ2, maybe SWTOR is great (like getting rewards from quests, dung, ache, etc)
    Should be instanced (open world housing in MMOs doesn't work) example LOTR, FFXIV.

LvL synced lands and Dungeons.  

Mentoring.

Crafting that's in between FFXIV and SWG.
    Drops from dungeons should be high level mat(s) for high level gear (not actual armour/weps.
    This would help (allot) with in-game systems as well as make crafting viable.

Keep talent trees, similar to older WOW.  New WoW is to dumbed down and EQ2 to complicated.

Keep attunments, ammo, etc.

Anyway.....

Fug lvl synched lands and dungeons.  Thats a cheap fix for not having enough content.  Backwards lvl synch.... maybe (but rather not) lvl synch on the way up, hell no.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I think it's called a miracle.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited January 2018
    DMKano said:
    All the senior devs who left:

James Waugh, Craig Amai, Tyson Murphy, Tom Chilton ,Chris Metzen and Rob Pardo to name a few

I would bring them back (obviously they would need to be willing to go back.. which is not gonna happen)
    I doubt Metzen and Pardo could come back. It was hard enough to squeeze them out the door due to their overinflated egos and I doubt either one of them had any shrinkage since they left.

It's physically impossible to get them back through the doors.

Oh, and what would bring me back? Nothing.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'd honestly sub probably 1 month more than usually if they did away with this follower garbage, especially when they tried hardcore through half of legion tying almost everything to them.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    If they paid me 50$ a month i would log in and play every once in awhile.
    deniter
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    edited January 2018
    DrunkWolf said:
    If they paid me 50$ a month i would log in and play every once in awhile.
    You know things have gotten bad when Darth Vader is an ex-WOW player.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Get rid of the Facebook / mobile game bullshit. 

Hire competent writers. The writing got really, really bad toward the end of WotLK, and it's just been a mess of bullshit and retcons ever since. Of course, this is true with all Blizzard's games. 

Actual customizable housing. Not a class hall, not a garrison, but HOUSING. Let me place my furniture, trophies, applicable crafting areas, etc. wherever I want. And keep it instanced so you don't get screwed out of it like FFXIV. 

Make classes feel different from one another again. Enough with homogenizing everything because they can't balance PvP otherwise. They've been screwing PvE balance for the sake of PvP ever since arenas arrived on the scene, and I'm f**king tired of it. 

New graphics engine. They keep shoehorning improvements into an engine which clearly can't handle them well due to its age. I feel the old tech is pretty much at its limit, so it's time to upgrade. 
    [Deleted User]

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    I'd go back to WoW if they made progression possible for solo players.  I seriously dislike WoW dungeons and have since Vanilla.  Having to PUG to complete class and order hall quest lines or play gimped just killed it for me.  I did it on my main, but no way I'm touching a dungeon with my healer or tank when I'm so half-assed with them and only play them for fun.  It would be an embarrassment and unfair to others. 

As soon as I finished Legion with my main and realized I'd have to do all this crap all over again and hold my nose while doing it, I hit the unsub button. 

Crafting got so perverted in Legion that it isn't even moderately fun or enjoyable, again with the "get thee to a dungeon" requirements to progress.

While some here bemoan how casual WoW has gotten, us solo casuals bemoan how group-centric Legion made WoW; class, order hall, crafting, every quest line requires dungeoneering, every sort of progression in any direction for anything except fishing requires dungeons.   It's the number 1 reason I stopped playing.

I don't see this changing in any way going forward.  WoW's done a 180 on being solo-friendly, in line with Blizzard pushing group play as the only rewarding playstyle.  I guess they see that as a requirement for their Esports empire.   Consequently, I don't see any recognition of the value of solo players any time soon. 

So, I've dumped WoW and returned to ESO, Rift and GW2.   
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    1.  Solo progression content:  The difficulty must be that of raids as well as the rewards.  It can be done.  The Jubilee event in GW2 is a great example of a solo fight where you utilize many of your abilities (many of which you don't think about in a group or raid setting because someone else does it for you (heals, cc, buffs, etc). The fights there were difficult.  The rewards also need to be high level, at the same ilvl as raids.  Not 5 levels below, the exact same.  If the solo fight is going to challenge ME (my skills and gear) to my limits, don't juke me with a lower ilvl of gear simply because I wasn't with 20 other raging personalities at the time of the encounter.  No game has done this successfully, aside from maybe GW2, and no game is attempting this.  There is a HUGE population of solo players that simply do not want to raid because they don't have the time to dedicate to a schedule late at night and dont feel like dealing with 20 other crybaby kids.  Im waiting for an MMO to do this and revolutionize it all.

2. Make classes feel unique again.

3. Player housing.

Thats about it.  I do like WoW, but once I hit max level and do dungeons and maybe raid, I realize..man I hate raiding with people.  I like dungeons and playing with a select group of friends, but I hate raiding with 10-15 other people.  Its annoying.  So I have nothing to do with all the gear Ive acquired...nothing to challenge myself and be rewarded appropriately.

So I unsub, and stay unsubbed.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2018
    DMKano said:
    All the senior devs who left:

James Waugh, Craig Amai, Tyson Murphy, Tom Chilton ,Chris Metzen and Rob Pardo to name a few

If they came back.... maybe
    So let me get this right , correct me if im wrong

You have repeatedly said ..

" I despise Themeparks and QuestHub driven games"

" I have not played WOW since BC , i couldnt stand it "

I believe  you have said " Quest driven games are the Bane of your Existence "

Yet here you say you may return to WOW if the very devs that developed this content that you Hate ,returned  for more ....very interesting ...and profound
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    A whole new WoW.  I'll entertain Classic (1.12.1) and may even enjoy it if builded with newer graphics.  Ideally; for me anyway - game that meshes other games would be ideal (but that will never happen).  To many millennials. 

Tab targeting is fine because action based MMOs usually leave ya five actions - errr.

Challanging combat, similar to 1.12.1 WoW (don't want to be able to aggro everything on the map without repercussions.

Elite roaming the maps like RIFT (again, keeps ya looking over your shoulder).

Graphics similar to FFXIV or SWTOR are fine.

Dungeons like  FFXIV are perfect. 

Open, none instanced world like WoW is great.  

Housing like EQ2, maybe SWTOR is great (like getting rewards from quests, dung, ache, etc)
    Should be instanced (open world housing in MMOs doesn't work) example LOTR, FFXIV.

LvL synced lands and Dungeons.  

Mentoring.

Crafting that's in between FFXIV and SWG.
    Drops from dungeons should be high level mat(s) for high level gear (not actual armour/weps.
    This would help (allot) with in-game systems as well as make crafting viable.

Keep talent trees, similar to older WOW.  New WoW is to dumbed down and EQ2 to complicated.

Keep attunments, ammo, etc.

Anyway.....

So, basically you want ... EverQuest II?