Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic to Close Paragon on April 26th - Paragon - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    "Toxic"

Hahahahahah.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Renoaku said:
    ^ I disagree do League OF Legends for now, Forget about Smite because of the toxicity, if Hi-Rez wants to do Esports then their game should conform to sportsmanlike conduct that means players who don't come out and wish bad things on others in chat, as well as in game harassment towards people such as asking for reports on others and such.

Riot Games is the only company that has taken a stance against all forms of chat toxicity, people are free to report one another, but they may not harassment the chat which is a great thing because if you do or if they do its a ban for 3 days minimum usually.

All MOBA have toxicity sure, but Smite & DOTA 2 are two extremely toxic games that allow it.
    From experience, League of Legends has one of the most toxic communities of all. Fuck, they might actually be worse than DotA and Smite, while having the nerve to point the finger elsewhere. Case in point, your post.

Plus, all mobas have report programs.

(The best community is Heroes of the Storm, by the way).
    MrMelGibson
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    DMKano said:
    Didnt like Paragon, but for me Fortnite Battle Royale is even worse than Paragon.

But its all about money, so yep, I know why
    Hmmm...there's a Trove/Devillian parallel in there somewhere...
    MrMelGibson

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Uninstalling Fortnite forever. I will not contribute to the death of the only game i wanted from Epic games by supporting its own killer.

Glad i didn't give Epic a cent for any access to Fortnite. I'm proud i supported Paragon on PS4, but Epic wont get my money again.
    Do you honestly think the line about Fortnite killing Paragon is true? Honestly?

Paragon has been flatlining for the better part of almost two years now. Under damn near any other AAA developer, this game would have been shut down months ago. Epic was in an odd situation. Their game was flopping, but a shutdown would present a particularly bad image, as that game also happened to be their only real representative online game. They needed a simultaneous success to save face when they shut down their failure, and they got it. 
    garyquickMrMelGibson
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    So they're taking the dev from Paragons to work on Fortnite BR? Wonder what happened to the Fortnite Save the World dev team, as the original base game of Fortnite hasn't received much loving and promised features keep being pushed forward in time.
    DMKano said:

As far as games getting shut down because they are not making enough money... what else is new?
    I know. Especially when Trion has a shopping mall like Trove to line their pockets with.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Keller said:

So they're taking the dev from Paragons to work on Fortnite BR? Wonder what happened to the Fortnite Save the World dev team, as the original base game of Fortnite hasn't received much loving and promised features keep being pushed forward in time.

It's because everyone is playing the PVP, but in Fortnite there is No Chicken Dinner so I don't get the point I personally like PUBG more anyways.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Uninstalling Fortnite forever. I will not contribute to the death of the only game i wanted from Epic games by supporting its own killer.

Glad i didn't give Epic a cent for any access to Fortnite. I'm proud i supported Paragon on PS4, but Epic wont get my money again.

Oh yeah; they should continue loose money because crap f2p players like you want to continue use their toy for FREE

F2P is cancer of the gaming industry, people like you only make it worse
    Gdemami
  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119

Wizardry said:

Well i can see anger towards Epic,Paragon is a better game than the rest of it's competitor's but people go for the popularity vote.
    So you can thank all those people playing the lesser quality ones for ruining any chance Paragon had.

Even Fortnite is not Fortnite anymore,it has become just a PUBG,same thing H1Z1 became,very low end shallow gaming.IDk the lure to these crappier games,i truly believe being able to find cheats so easily is driving a lot of these games.
    Pvp is a lot like real life sports,a long lost art,now a days everyone is looking to cheat some system instead of earning their way.

Bro. Paragon is absolute trash.
    AeanderKajidourden
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    The game was gorgeous. I hope they'll re-use graphical assets for something more interesting - like 3rd person shooter or MMORPG.
    garyquick

Thank you for your time!

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Nice touch with the refunding.

I liked the visuals and interesting characters of Paragon but the moba side of it always kept me away from it. Whopee. That is a done and dusted concept and won't bring anything new or interesting to us gamers.
    postlarval
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2018
    Maybe they should at least sell the Intellectual Property to Nexon or License it or something for a percentage of in game sales?
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    At the very least pull a Blizzard, turn it into an overwatch team vs team combat game. Thats how they salvaged Project Titan. Also have to agree with those somewhat disgusted at the move to fortnight. The only thing people are playing is the battle royal.
    Gdemami
  • tav396tav396 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    they really messed this game up it could have been good if they had went a better route
    garyquickStr8Hell
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Aw man. I'm going to miss my Knights of Ashur, Godmother Vigilant, Thundercleaver combo. :(
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    That's decent of them to offer a refund.
    Str8HellMrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Wake up MMORPG old folks, Paragon was really trash game! Like it's so obvious if you try it out...Smite is soo good compared to Paragon and I'm not even Smite fanboy and don't play it :)...Ofc its shut down, when you have no playerbase at all as F2P title. What more 3rd person MOBAs are not that popular so no wonder right? It'd be so bad decision to keep Paragon running due to few old MMORPG folks enjoying the game...
    postlarvalStr8Hell
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    I dont play Fortnite, but if i would, i would cheat.
    AeanderXarkoStr8HellMrMelGibsonTheScavenger
    Nice touch with the refunding.

I liked the visuals and interesting characters of Paragon but the moba side of it always kept me away from it. Whopee. That is a done and dusted concept and won't bring anything new or interesting to us gamers.
    MOBAs are the software equivalent of a fidget spinner so it's not surprising that anyone looking for something more substantial would avoid them.
    AeanderSBFordXarkoFlyByKnightMrMelGibson

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I mean what did you expect? Fortnite has already surpassed PUBG, why the hell would they need Paragon? Tencent likely had a huge word on this as well, don't blame it all on Epic. I seriously doubt that Paragon didn't have a big enough playerbase to sustain itself, it's just that it was too small by Tencent standards.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This is the fairest "f#$% you" to a player base I've seen from a developer. You guys better stop complaining and get your money back and put it behind you.

I wouldn't be surprised if people stop trusting EPIC ever again on any title though. It could disappear the minute they've made enough money on the new one to pay their supporters to STFU and go away.

Please keep us all informed on any caveats they have on the refunds.
    GdemamiCryolitycal
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    The only option on the refund link seems to be a generic CS ticket from the linked accounts page. I submitted a ticket with paragon refund in the heading. Got a generic auto response.
    Will wait and see if this goes anywhere. I have my doubts.
    Ps4 player btw.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Well, at least they are giving a full refund; I'm still waiting for my compensation pack for Devilian, from Trion. They haven't even responded to my ticket yet.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited January 2018
    EPIC's big deal is their Unreal Engine.

The company was a very prominent game developer company when they originally released Unreal Tournament. Since then, other companies just buried them in terms of sales. Their next big hit was Gears of War via console. Now that that's been gone, Fort exceeded their popularity expectations by a long shot, so it seems that they are pretty much dropping other games to make Fortnight the best game possible. They even took guys off the Unreal Tournament 4 project to work on Fort. Or I could just be talking silly sass.
    MrMelGibson
  • AsgeirAsgeir Member UncommonPosts: 17

kertin said:

Wake up MMORPG old folks, Paragon was really trash game! Like it's so obvious if you try it out...Smite is soo good compared to Paragon and I'm not even Smite fanboy and don't play it :)...Ofc its shut down, when you have no playerbase at all as F2P title. What more 3rd person MOBAs are not that popular so no wonder right? It'd be so bad decision to keep Paragon running due to few old MMORPG folks enjoying the game...

I played both. On gameplay and graphics, Paragon was by far way better game.
    MikehaAeander