Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing right now and what do you like about it?

124»

Comments

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Oh as far as games I'm playing, going through my backlog, was playing Dishonored 2, but have found it lackluster compared to the first. Just finished Borderlands Handsome Collection and had a blast.

Also, I'm thinking of trying Warframe, maybe this weekend, already downloaded it. Oh and from a few threads I've read, I looked into that Project Gorgon and I'm intrigued so probably will give that a shot too heh.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Late to the party (as usual), but I finally bought Minecraft this month. Having a blast with it so far!
    [Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• gerrytygerryty Member CommonPosts: 1
    I like computer games, especially League of Legends. In my spare time I always play this game. I want to buy lol smurf on GameStore.live, what do you think?
  • Dransik2012Dransik2012 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Ashen Empires very classic mmorpg been playing for 17 years since its been around. has servers called legends and heros.  non pvp and pvp
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    DarkHigh said:
    Let's all share what we are playing right now and what we like about it. Could be anything, graphics, gameplay, events, because it's  wow, playing with friends etc. Less toxicity more community! GO!
    I'll gladly share what I'm doing and why. It might inspire others to do the same. I've been playing MMORPG's since 2002 and before that I rarely gamed. So MMORPG's has always had a way of pulling me away from every single player release in the middle of me playing said single player game. So over the years, I've wracked up around 70 good games that I've never beaten. So starting last summer, I've stopped buying new releases for the most part, and have begun working my way through all these games I own and have never beaten.

Right now I'm working my way through the Elder Scrolls series. I've already beat Morrowind, and now I'm almost finished with Oblivion. I've put in 100 hours now in Oblivion and I've just started the last expansion. Next will be Skyrim and it's expansions, and then it'll be onto a random game on my list.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    nate1980 said:
    DarkHigh said:
    Let's all share what we are playing right now and what we like about it. Could be anything, graphics, gameplay, events, because it's  wow, playing with friends etc. Less toxicity more community! GO!
    I'll gladly share what I'm doing and why. It might inspire others to do the same. I've been playing MMORPG's since 2002 and before that I rarely gamed. So MMORPG's has always had a way of pulling me away from every single player release in the middle of me playing said single player game. So over the years, I've wracked up around 70 good games that I've never beaten. So starting last summer, I've stopped buying new releases for the most part, and have begun working my way through all these games I own and have never beaten.

Right now I'm working my way through the Elder Scrolls series. I've already beat Morrowind, and now I'm almost finished with Oblivion. I've put in 100 hours now in Oblivion and I've just started the last expansion. Next will be Skyrim and it's expansions, and then it'll be onto a random game on my list.
    I would be interested to hear how you've enjoyed your journey through the Elder Scrolls series. 

My feelings on it is that each game gets progressively better gameplay, but progressively worse world building. It still confuses me how people enjoyed Skyrim so much, the world was just really tedious to explore! Morrowind was just far superior, Oblivion was a bit generic perhaps but I still found the world more interesting than Skyrim. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    nate1980 said:
    DarkHigh said:

I would be interested to hear how you've enjoyed your journey through the Elder Scrolls series. 

My feelings on it is that each game gets progressively better gameplay, but progressively worse world building. It still confuses me how people enjoyed Skyrim so much, the world was just really tedious to explore! Morrowind was just far superior, Oblivion was a bit generic perhaps but I still found the world more interesting than Skyrim. 
    Why don't you like Skyrim's world? I think the world building is great. It's a little ruined by the quest markers (same with oblivion) and though "yes" one could turn those off with mods it would make doing the quests almost impossible in some cases. That I don't like and is where Morrowind shone.

AlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Oddly enough I cannot believe it but WoW with patch 7.3.5 and scaling.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Sovrath said:
    nate1980 said:
    DarkHigh said:

Why don't you like Skyrim's world? I think the world building is great. It's a little ruined by the quest markers (same with oblivion) and though "yes" one could turn those off with mods it would make doing the quests almost impossible in some cases. That I don't like and is where Morrowind shone.

I just find the world of Skyrim pretty boring. It's been built well, I can appreciate the technical skill and the level of detail they went into. I just find it boring. 

The main issues I have:
    • Minimal variation - pretty much all overland stuff is either snow, scrubland or boggy. The situation is even worse when you start looking at the various keeps, caves and dungeons. Seeing the same things over and over and over with just minor variations was really boring. 
    • Lack of fantasy - we're basically wandering around Scandinavia in the middle ages. There just isn't much to get excited about. Considering there is magic in the world, along with orcs, khajiit, argonians etc, you'd expect a lot more fantastical creations in the world.
    • It's just not my thing - I find snow, scrubland and boggy biomes pretty dreary so I'm not inspired to explore. Certainly in my first playthrough I made it my mission to explore everything and have every dungeon cleared, but I think the only time I was ever genuinely impressed was my first discovery of the massive dwemnor ruins that span the whole map. 
    • Scaling tech - I really hate the scaling tech in Skyrim (and oblivion). The first 25 hours of a playthrough all you see is boring enemies. It's only once you start getting high enough in levels that all the interesting daedra start coming out to play. For this reason, I tend to "cheese" the leveling and basically don't do any content at all until I'm level 20+, just stand there conjuring stuff, hitting it with daggers or just stand there getting hit by wolves to level armour skills. 
    • Loot - I just never seemed to come across anything worthwhile. Even if you completely avoid crafting, both the thieves guild and dark brotherhood sets are vastly superior to anything I ever found in game. The only things that came close were a series of masks but I didn't enjoy the aesthetics (I play mostly in 3rd person). 

Now, the world building in Oblivion wasn't much better, basically just England in the middle ages, but at least it was more colourful and cheery which made me want to explore and find more things. Still, neither come close to Morrowind, which whilst the world was fairly muted in colours, the creations in it were awesome and no matter where you went, you always seemed to find something new and interesting. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
     etc

Those are definitely good points. I think for me most of those were positives. Though I've never really liked level scaling in any game.

I will agree with the "loot". Having rummaged through the creation kit, it seems to me, that there was a lot more "loot" that I just never found.

They definitely dropped the ball on certain things in skyrim (well in Oblivion as well) such as their odd decision to have you become head of the mages guild when you can join and never once level a magic skill. Same with the Bard's college. Though I really liked the quest I don't think it really merited making one "a bard". I always wanted to do a mod for the Bard's college but sadly it would require too much scripting and my modding has always relied on being clever and getting around scripting when I could (I'm not a scripter/programmer).

For me, the world of Skyrim and Oblivion did have different areas but the changes were subtle and I really like that.

But compare the Riften area to the northern coast and its night and day.

I only like having drastically different biomes if the transitions are done well. Otherwise it always feels like "everything and the kitchen sink" world. I'm looking at you Aion!
    cameltosis
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I've been having a blast playing WoW. My son and I have also been spending a lot of time in Minecraft as well! Currently working on building us a brick house and we have a mountain that we have turned into a mine nearby. I have been really enjoying gaming again recently!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This week it's been Civ V, Dragon Age Inquisition and a bit of ESO.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    This week for me it's Mario Odyssey.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    GW2 because of i cant find better pvp
    StarCitizen for the "Whoa"'s
    GTA5 with some friends, always great lols
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I dip into ESO every so often.  Currently I'm playing a lot of X-Com2 with the last expansion and having a blast exploring the different tech paths and taking on "the Chosen."

I am looking forward to Crowfall, Sea of Thieves and a number of other games in development.  For most however, I'll wait until they are released before diving in.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    nate1980 said:
    DarkHigh said:

Hmm, well I always referred Morrowind to being the best until I actually beat it. I like how Morrowind has more utility spells, and allows for both Major and Minor spells to count towards leveling. Oblivion only counts 7. I didn't like how NPC's blocked doors and slid off Silt Rider platforms, but a console command fixes that. I also didn't like how quickly I became OP compared to everything else in the world. The factions quests felt weak on story. The world felt frightening to explore until I was OP at lvl 6 or so.

Oblivion, after all these years is gorgeous. I love the setting. I do like Skyrims setting more, because I enjoy snowy mountains a lot more as a backdrop, but Cyrodiil was great too. Much better than Morrowind, which was too brown and ugly for my tastes. I like the fast travel, mounts, and quest markers. I thought I'd never say that, but I guess the MMORPG genre spoiled me. I don't mind no quest markers either, but having them is nice. Main story is much shorter than Skyrim's, but has a lot better faction stories, daedric quests, and the main story has you jumping in an Oblivion gate early in the game. That was scary, because I was a low level and weak. Armors and weapons look much better in their designs in Oblivion. I'm in Shivering Isles right now getting smacked around hard by everything. I'm powerful, so they're no threat to me, but the constant staggering regardless of how high my agility is sucks. I got disarmed by a mob too, and I lost my brand new perfect madness sword. So I had to resort to by Dawn/Duskblade and Umbra. 

Overall, the games aren't bad exploration games at all. I think rising in the ranks of each faction is enjoyable. Morrowind forced you to be more stategic about how you played the games factions due to how getting promoted worked, whereas Oblivion is based off of questing. The second method is a lot less of a pain. Mobs that level with you was a pain for a while, especially playing as a pure warrior, but it's all easy in the end.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    For now, checking into Conqueror's Blade. Nothing else happening.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Witcher 3: paying close attention to story, rhe first time ever.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Right now.

Playing Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade, the visceral combat is addictive.. wish everything else didn't suck 

Playing Fortnight. Love the exploration, building, and movement, wish the Combat didn't suck.

Now if they made a game with Fortnights mobility and WH40KEC combat.. now that would be downright addictive.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Life is Feudal, actually only LiF lol everything you see in the game is player built and maintained. Sure its buggy but its still early and the devs are trying. Its very grindy even more so with the patch they released tonight. Time will tell how it plays out but the game has me hooked. you do what you want to. You wanna grief players? go ahead, just don' t come crying to me when an alliance crushes your claim and no one will take you into their guild because your name is shit. Dying is painful because of skill and rep loss, both of which take a while to get back. There are not instant heals so you have to be careful in combat. Gear maters, a lot, but not to the point of being unbalanced. You can't do a lot by yourself, you need other people to help. Its got tons of potential and so far its awesome, even with the bugs and server crashes. 
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Pokemon go.  I like pokemon lore and IP.  Also you have to go out and play; Which is also the bad part since I'm too lazy to go out to play.
    Phaserlight
  • Dransik2012Dransik2012 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    ashenempires.com played for 17 years very good has three races human orc nightelf can lvl to 110
  • GuizeeGuizee Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Playing GW2 as of MMORPG - been playing it since 2012 and there's nothing to complain about PvE - it's just beautiful, fun and engaging. The PvP though, you know, very unbalanced despite being 5 years old and no new objective maps - it's always point capturing plus some new mechanics but that's all about point capture. I'd love to see other types.
    Playing SMITE too and I've been having a blast!!! Such a nice game. I really like the different playstyles within a single archetype, specially the mages. The combat is engaging and fun, loving it.

• SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I went back to Runescape because IMO it has the best and most challenging quests. You are never bored in that game because it would take 3 lifetimes to get 99 in every skill. If you don't pay money that is. However, I went back to EQ 2 because the BOT population in Runescape was overwhelming. I'm leveling now my 5th toon to 100. Love EQ2 because it is massive. Sometimes impossible to get groups though if you are below 110.