Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dawn Launch Trailer Shows Off Its Evolution with Ub3rGames - DarkFall: New Dawn Videos - MMORPG.

2»

Comments

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    I'm just gonna go with the same diplomatic comment. Well, the music is nice.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really liked DF. I really wish it would have stayed around longer. Unfortunately the original company is awful at updating their games, which caused major issues for players. Especially once the relaunch happened (which I was alright with but I hated having to restart and rebuy the game). 

I gave both of the new releases a shot and both are extremely competent. The problem lies in the fact that they allowed two separate releases, which caused a split in the already small community. 

I'm hoping one takes off and the other goes away, I don't really care which one, so I can devote time to the one that is likely to stick around. I loved the game and would love to play it again, I just can't devote time to one that will shut down and have to redo it for a fourth time on the other. 
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Must admit I was thinking of re-rolling on WOW but 'BAZ' ..... I think the abbreviation works hehehe .... BAttle for AZeroth ... is not that near and having played a bit of Destiny 2 and not keen on the Black Desert style of payment / shop structure , ( I have trialed it ), I think a great punt on a classic subscription model MMORPG would be great. I read posts on this forum everyday but rarely comment, but this was a jolt and a gift in terms of news and of course 'Darkfall' has always garnished huge fans and haters in equilibrium.

In short the response seems to be great, which is why I am going to buy the game. Also being a fan of Marc Jacob's 'potentially' brilliant Camelot Unchained means that it has to be worth a try.

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited January 2018
    6:43PM EST Progress update:
    Remember that thing we said might go wrong? Well it went wrong. We're all hands on deck trying to fix it.
    We do not have an ETA ourselves. It is a matter of at least multiple hours, you have time to rest a bit while we work on it.

For more details:
    The system goes in multiple passes, characters first, then clans, then holdings.
    There is a suspected race condition within the creation of clans and assigning its members.
    The irony is that one of our previous fixes has been possibly causing the issue, or just compounding it.

We're still at it, and we won't stop until it works and you guys can play.

It's now 10:43pm EST... Who'd have guessed that their launch would be a fail?!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited January 2018

Neo70 said:

Lets make darkfall great again !

How can you make something great again that wasn't great the first time around?

6:43PM EST

Progress update:

Remember that thing we said might go wrong? Well it went wrong. We're all hands on deck trying to fix it.

We do not have an ETA ourselves. It is a matter of at least multiple hours, you have time to rest a bit while we work on it.

For more details:

The system goes in multiple passes, characters first, then clans, then holdings.

There is a suspected race condition within the creation of clans and assigning its members.

The irony is that one of our previous fixes has been possibly causing the issue, or just compounding it.

We're still at it, and we won't stop until it works and you guys can play.

It's now 10:43pm EST...

Who'd have guessed that their launch would be a fail?!

Heh...or great this time around.

• wilcoxonwilcoxon Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I like a lot of what I see but I'm not big on open pvp nor "action" mmos (eg manual aiming) so I'll give it a pass.

Active: D&D Online (alpha,beta,&unlimited)

Retired: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Auto Assault (beta), CoH/CoV, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeon Runners, Elder Scrolls Online, Everquest, EVE, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online (beta,live), Pathfinder Online (beta), Rift (beta,live), Secret World (beta,live), Star Wars Old Republic, Vanguard (beta), Warhammer (beta,live), World of Warcraft

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    I freaking love this game. I played them all DFO,UW RoA and New Dawn is what was advertised in 2009. Local Banking and no option for teleporting, not even recalling home makes this game so much better. The combat is very specialized and meele/archers are more seen on the battlefield. Mages have to spend more time in development but also get more utilization which can make or break a fight.

Low level mobs give you everything you need and when the mobs get more difficult the loot is also very specialized. Markets are a great tool to get money and buy stuff. Need some improvements that are already worked on and will be added short term.