Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth to jump back in?

KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
Simple question really. I only own the base game, but lately I've been getting that FF itch. Is it really worth to jump back in and get the expansions, or it will be a pain to level alone and catch up?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Comments

  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    You dont level alone - FF14 systems are designed in the way to revisit previous content, either via leveling new jobs or using duty finder. 

    I started month before Stormblood and vanilla was fully packed with players all over the place. As a dps i waited max 20 min, but that was for Trial. 

    Point is - if you enjoy the story, the art style, the final fantasy feel then there is simply no better mmo to pick up. And Square Enix delivers polished content as is also not in abusive relationship with playerbase. 
    cjmarshPravius
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,069
    Depends on why you quit in the first place. If you expect something to have drastically changed, good luck.
    Mikeha
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Viper482 said:
    Depends on why you quit in the first place. If you expect something to have drastically changed, good luck.
    I was actually expecting more of the same, so that's ok :smile:

    "EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You'll never level alone but not much has changed since you last played, and I can honestly say that without knowing when you last played because everything has been the same routine just a different skin on it. Only thing that's change probably is the meta for savage content since SE doesn't probably test classes when increasing caps etc.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    OK, so I resubed and my current main quest scenario is called 'Levin an Impression'. I guess there's no point in buyin the expansions until I run out of quests, right?
    Anyway, thanks for your imputs and see you in Eorzea!

    "EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,526
    Krematory said:
    OK, so I resubed and my current main quest scenario is called 'Levin an Impression'. I guess there's no point in buyin the expansions until I run out of quests, right?
    Anyway, thanks for your imputs and see you in Eorzea!
    I just did the same. Do you play on EU servers?

    mmorpg junkie since 1999



  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Mensur said:
    Krematory said:
    OK, so I resubed and my current main quest scenario is called 'Levin an Impression'. I guess there's no point in buyin the expansions until I run out of quests, right?
    Anyway, thanks for your imputs and see you in Eorzea!
    I just did the same. Do you play on EU servers?
    Im on Omega. Visit me somtimes goblet ward 2 number 24.

    You can take the bath or have some tea.

  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Mensur said:
    Krematory said:
    OK, so I resubed and my current main quest scenario is called 'Levin an Impression'. I guess there's no point in buyin the expansions until I run out of quests, right?
    Anyway, thanks for your imputs and see you in Eorzea!
    I just did the same. Do you play on EU servers?

    I play on Shiva, which turned out to be a mainly german speaking server. Oh well... Currently level 59, leveling black and white mage. Pretty fun so far.

    "EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Krematory said:
    Simple question really. I only own the base game, but lately I've been getting that FF itch. Is it really worth to jump back in and get the expansions, or it will be a pain to level alone and catch up?
    Btw you can try it out if:

    Players to be invited to return must have a service account that has been inactive for at least 90 days (including the free play period). Those who fail to meet this requirement will not receive an e-mail even if they have been invited to return.


    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/?utm_source=lodestone&utm_medium=pc_banner&utm_campaign=eu_callback

  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    i think NO but the soundtrack and the story spikes were  somewhat good. Everything ells was to mindnumbing in my opinion.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Dragnelus said:
    Krematory said:
    Simple question really. I only own the base game, but lately I've been getting that FF itch. Is it really worth to jump back in and get the expansions, or it will be a pain to level alone and catch up?
    Btw you can try it out if:

    Players to be invited to return must have a service account that has been inactive for at least 90 days (including the free play period). Those who fail to meet this requirement will not receive an e-mail even if they have been invited to return.


    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/?utm_source=lodestone&utm_medium=pc_banner&utm_campaign=eu_callback
    Thanks, but too late I'm afraid since I'm already playing :-P

    exile01 said:
    i think NO but the soundtrack and the story spikes were  somewhat good. Everything ells was to mindnumbing in my opinion.
    The soundtrack is amazing, and the story content of Heavensward is much better than anything they did in ARR (which was quite meh IMO). Secondary quests are mostly shit sadly, but dungeons are top quality and I happen to find combat fun.

    "EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

  • xtreme3881xtreme3881 Member UncommonPosts: 14


    I honestly can't stand the game and I give every job a shot. I did this min/max on 3 different characters. Nothing changes and to me the combat is the worst part.
Sign In or Register to comment.