Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dawn Launch Trailer Shows Off Its Evolution with Ub3rGames - DarkFall: New Dawn Videos - MMORPG.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Dawn Launch Trailer Shows Off Its Evolution with Ub3rGames - DarkFall: New Dawn Videos - MMORPG.com

Tomorrow is a huge day for Darkfall: New Dawn as launch day has finally arrived. If you're wondering just what the team at Ub3rGames has done to differentiate it from the original Aventurine version of Darkfall, look no further than this spectacular launch trailer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Original vaporware?

Duke Nukem called and he wants to talk to you.
    freakkyMrMelGibsonGaladournRelampagoWraithone

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I...I just can't do it again.
    [Deleted User]
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    This is new to me. Did i see that there was a 3rd person view? Is there pve ?
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    edited January 2018
    This game will shut down in less than one year after launch.
    weky
    Lasterba said:
    This game will shut down in less than one year after launch.
    Probably... but the first 6 months of Darkfall were some of the most fun I’ve had gaming.  Even with the Bugs ,exploits and dumb mechanics.

SovrathMrMelGibsonGaladourndaarco

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    You had me at race wars.
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited January 2018

Jrich_cp said:

This is new to me. Did i see that there was a 3rd person view? Is there pve ?

ya, there is lots of PvE. And they made all the spawn now scale to the number of people engaged. So if by yourself maybe 4 goblins, if another player rolls up 6-7 will spawn etc. And with the alignment fixes blue players stay friendly and work together. Most people will only be killing those of opposing races, who have their own territories in a different part of map.
    3rd person view is for melee mode.
    corpusc
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I will never trust a company that uses numbers as letters in its name.

Only Prince can do that and not look stupid as fuck.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2018
    I tried one of the 37 reboots and re-releases this game has had, didn't see what was great about it.

I feel like the best thing it has going for it is that it somehow refuses to die.  They should call it FrankenFall.
    MrMelGibsonGaladourn[Deleted User]

TimEisen said:
    unclemo said:
    I...I just can't do it again.
    Im in the same boat. I want...but...I mean thatd be like 3x...
    It could be 4th if you tried New Dawn

Hytek

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I remember getting crushed by the little goblins the first time I logged-in (actual decent AI). I totally forgot about the tanks and ships, too. Best of luck to them!

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• GreeferGreefer Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Cool to see the love for this title :)
    Sovrath
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I just wish it wasnt full loot. Partial or dropping some gold I could compromise. But I've never enjoyed full loot. Best of luck to those who enjoy this mmo. For your sake I sincerely hope it does well enough to keep the servers running.
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    for you guys that think this is the same old game:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    (i think you won't read much of this, because you are SOOOOO wrong, just keep paging down through all those changes)

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,7022.0.html
    Bukkerz

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I might jump in on this. If it's anything like the first couple of months of the original it's worth it to me. Even though I'll probably play solo and will get my ass beaten and my loot stolen I can't resist the feeling of this kinda game. And no other game In modern days is even close.

It all comes down to population though. If this massive world lacks people it gets boring quickly.

And I never visited Yssam. I need to visit Yssam.

Let's see if firekick is still a thing.
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Interesting .... Never played Darkfall but of course have been aware of it's past reputation for brutal PVP. Initially difficult to gloss over the obviously dated graphical appearances too be honest.

But .... hmmmm ( still considering ) ...

Having watched a few more YouTube videos it does seem to have something going for it. I can imagine a situation where it might be a case of getting used to it's retrospective looks, style and a certain amount of 'clunkyness' before a pretty decent game unravels.

I think the price and subscription model will certainly have an appeal.

Still thinking .... new Metal album or a bit of Metallica Black.

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I will be playing for sure. SO looking forward to this :D

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I hope it's at least free to play...
  • LachdadanLachdadan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I played all the DF versions and can second those that posted that it was the best game i played so far - the combat is just so fun, it fully drags you in and you feel like you are really in controls of it. By any other game i had such adrenaline rush, my hands shaking and my hear beating as i was really fighting - i understand that not all ppl like that kind of combat, some like more strategic, slower combat, some like tab controlled where it is about combos etc, but for me personally DF has the best pvp. The grafics are outdated, but they fit exactly in and the atmosphere of the game is unique and its really dark, the world is actually very rich on enviroment structures /lot of pyramids, ruins, settlements etc, but sadly majority of them are empty - the worls is really great and they spend a lot of time creating all those locations, i just cant understand why they left them mostly empty..../
    Neo70
  • Neo70Neo70 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Lets make darkfall great again !
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I'm pretty sure competitive gamers prefer the level playing field that subscription based MMO's offer. I actually would NOT be playing it if it was a cash shop game where the boundary towards P2W always inevitably gets crossed.

Anyhow, always good to play a Darkfall game and despite my concerns for New Dawn, I'd still happily play it over the other countless shallow MMORPG's out there.
    Sluske
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

if its free to play then i'll stay away
    Bukkerz
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Original vaporware?

Duke Nukem called and he wants to talk to you.
    Duke Nukem Forever you mean. Man that title really lived up to its name. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    damn, my palms are itching, i want to give this a try (again)....
  • FarSightFarSight Member UncommonPosts: 7
    DF is/was 2nd best pvp mmorpg (after early Neocron) I played. Will give that new version a try for sure