Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Bless Mobile Debut Trailer Showcases On-the-Go Gameplay

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Bless Mobile Debut Trailer Showcases On-the-Go Gameplay

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    ....Really? Why not, oh i dont know, release the actual game without it shutting down within a couple of months first before thinking of mobile endeavors, unless they honestly feel its better suited to be a mobile game. Maybe they saw Lineage 2 mobile 'success' and thought it was easy.
    Viper482
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2018
    Albatroes said:
    ....Really? Why not, oh i dont know, release the actual game without it shutting down within a couple of months first before thinking of mobile endeavors, unless they honestly feel its better suited to be a mobile game. Maybe they saw Lineage 2 mobile 'success' and thought it was easy.
    This isn't being made by the Neowiz. It's JoyCity and is an utterly different game that is only based on the Bless MMORPG.
    SovrathPhryValdheim

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Smells like autopathing mobile bullshit mmo..Gosh who invented auto-pathing ffs!!
    BillMurphyValdheim

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    I can't believe there is a market for this crap yet so many claim here there is no market for "old school" type MMO's.
    Daranar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Bleh who cares, get the main game out already before we all die of old age!!!!!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Asm0deus said:

Bleh who cares, get the main game out already before we all die of old age!!!!!

Early Access soon, and launch by end of 2018, I'd wager.
    Azaron_Nightblade

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Mensur said:

Smells like autopathing mobile bullshit mmo..Gosh who invented auto-pathing ffs!!

I don't even know if it will go that far! Based on the gameplay I don't think it's an MMO at all even a mobile MMO, it looks like one of those things where your entire team just runs through a dungeon and you fight a certain number of "battles" which includes you sitting there while your guys auto attack and hit a skill occasionally (or hit the auto play button), and after the boss it gives you the next stage to move onto. Like Archeage on mobile. I'm basing this off of small gameplay parts though, like where it shows the team running all together in a group, as opposed to an individual player.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    dotsh said:
    One got to wonder tho. How can they dumb down an mmo to fit with mobile specs, but when it comes to PC most of companies fail to have a full optimised game.

I mean, can't they act as if that macbook air is a tablet, then optimise the game according to these specs? i don't know.
    Phone games are a little easier though as you can base it around mid range phone hardware. PC games you have so many different possibilities for what someone could be running, combinations of parts, different drivers. 

Also a lot of these games on phones tend to limit gameplay severely so that it will run better, as well as the fact that most games look pretty decent on the phone even if they wouldn't be good by PC standards. 

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

dotsh said:

One got to wonder tho. How can they dumb down an mmo to fit with mobile specs, but when it comes to PC most of companies fail to have a full optimised game.

I mean, can't they act as if that macbook air is a tablet, then optimise the game according to these specs? i don't know.

Phone games are a little easier though as you can base it around mid range phone hardware. PC games you have so many different possibilities for what someone could be running, combinations of parts, different drivers. 

Also a lot of these games on phones tend to limit gameplay severely so that it will run better, as well as the fact that most games look pretty decent on the phone even if they wouldn't be good by PC standards. 

Or you can do just like you do for PCs. Make it with a minimum spec and those who don't meet it can't play it. You can disallow certain low end phones that wouldn't be able to run it. It's not really that hard to run an MMO on a phone's specs. Most of our early MMOs like EQ and Asheron's Call would run on just about any smartphone. The issue isn't getting games optimized on smartphones tech wise, it's the UI and controls. Autopath was a horrendous idea to optimize MMO controls for smartphones. Eventually someone will get a good smartphone MMO...right?

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

Daranar said:

dotsh said:

Or you can do just like you do for PCs. Make it with a minimum spec and those who don't meet it can't play it. You can disallow certain low end phones that wouldn't be able to run it. It's not really that hard to run an MMO on a phone's specs. Most of our early MMOs like EQ and Asheron's Call would run on just about any smartphone. The issue isn't getting games optimized on smartphones tech wise, it's the UI and controls. Autopath was a horrendous idea to optimize MMO controls for smartphones. Eventually someone will get a good smartphone MMO...right?
    We actually have a couple okay ones right now. Villagers and Heroes is pretty dang fun and plays along side the PC version on the same servers. It's one of the few MMO's on the phone that doesn't support auto pathing, and has a pretty decent open world. There's also Albion Online, which if you like that type of MMO it's pretty fun and doesn't have crazy autopathing. 

I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of companies do specs for phones, it's just a bit different with Android and IOS, as IOS really only has generational specs / models, and Android has a billion different phones with different performance. 
    Daranar
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Daranar said:

dotsh said:

We actually have a couple okay ones right now. Villagers and Heroes is pretty dang fun and plays along side the PC version on the same servers. It's one of the few MMO's on the phone that doesn't support auto pathing, and has a pretty decent open world. There's also Albion Online, which if you like that type of MMO it's pretty fun and doesn't have crazy autopathing. 

I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of companies do specs for phones, it's just a bit different with Android and IOS, as IOS really only has generational specs / models, and Android has a billion different phones with different performance. 

@Panther2103 Yeah Villagers and Heroes was alright, but the reason I stopped is because it's just so much harder to play on a phone. Albion Online was fun on PC but a complete pain in the arse on phones (heard it wasn't so bad on tablets though). UX is a struggle for deep mobile gaming.

But anyway, real developers have so many tools at their disposal that it doesn't matter how many different phones Android has. With Mobile Device Farm from AWS you can test on hundreds of devices at once so it's not a huge time drain determining devices and a great way to weed out crappy phones that would have crappy experiences is simply through minimum android API levels in the manifest file, it's pretty simple. Plus in the F2P world, why do they even care if the guy with a decade old phone can play your game, I highly doubt the guy who hasn't got a new smartphone in years on end is going to be a big spender in your MMO. But yeah it's really easy on apple to say you have to have certain devices or even iOS versions which is works too because at some point apple stops letting older phones upgrade.
    Panther2103

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!