Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm having a blast....

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
When SWTOR first came out, I hated it. I remember there being severe lag and/or graphics performance issues. I can't remember if it was the game at the time, or if my system just couldn't handle it. I hated how single-tracked it was as far as the quest line. But the idea of the Sith and the classes always kept pulling at me, as I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I've always hated questing, but I've found that you can really keep your level on target by just doing your class quest line along with flashpoints. There is so much to do, and the classes are fun to me. Class stories vary in levels of fun, but overall I'm quite happy with everything they've added over the years. There are always people on, and almost all areas are populated.

I've seen the negative posts about the game and the hate for the devs, but if you like Star Wars, it's pretty fun. That being said it would be great to see a new Star Wars mmo sometime eventually as well.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

swilson124MrMelGibson

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Happy for you? You have posted the same thing in three threads already.

To be fair I had hope for this game way before most of you had even known it was going to be based on Star Wars as far back as 2006. I gave it my all but it wasn't what it could have been. In fact LEC almost bailed on the BioWare project because it was too linear and went back to SOE to see what they had at one point during the development of TOR; but alas they put their hope with BioWare and we got a single player story game with multiplayer tacked on.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Tiller said:
    Happy for you? You have posted the same thing in three threads already.

To be fair I had hope for this game way before most of you had even known it was going to be based on Star Wars as far back as 2006. I gave it my all but it wasn't what it could have been. In fact LEC almost bailed on the BioWare project because it was too linear and went back to SOE to see what they had at one point during the development of TOR; but alas they put their hope with BioWare and we got a single player story game with multiplayer tacked on.
    You're describing most MMOs these days. And while normally I don't like that, flashpoints and other aspects of the game give it a bit more life. It's good for what it is, and a million times better than what it was on release. With all the licensing switches I doubt they'll be working on a new SW MMO here soon, but who knows.
    MrMelGibson

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."