Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which gaming company would you donate money to if you won the lottery?

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    From Soft the guys that make dark souls and Team Ninja that made Nioh;)
    but if i got a lot of money i would buy property and not give it to a gaming company they all sold out you can see it in the agenda`s they are pushing and all the pagan and satanic signs in games.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I would start my own. 

It would be close to Pantheon.

But with Anet's graphics designers so I can pump out good quality graphic and coding fast to make an extremely large world (for graphics and world design only). 

Since the world would be so large, it would have a good amount of solo content too so it would have a lot for player choice. 

Pantheon has a stigma attached to it, that it's for first generation players.  My mmorpg will not have that, it would be for everyone like Vanilla WoW but 20% harder. 

I would also have kickstarter money so to give maximum money invested. 
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Crate entertainment aka grim dawn so they can afford dedicated servers and win the arpg race.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i wouldn't.. but if i'd ever consider it was if there was some company out there making something that interests me(not just a little) but there are none.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I don't think I'd ever donate money to a gaming company. There is a chance I might invest in something like CSE but that is doubtful. 

However, if after I've travelled the world, done my investing, raised a family and learnt all the skills, if I still felt a desire to devote myself to a cause, I'd probably use my money to get a job with a gaming company instead. Designing an MMORPG is a dream of mine, yet there isn't really a career path to get me there that I wish to follow, so perhaps my money and willingness to work for free would allow me to get involved with the high level design of an MMORPG. 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    EA

Just to piss people off

Maybe they could use it to buy another company like CityState or Visionary Realms

Man the hate would be real... haha

Love the super villain approach mate, good job!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I would launch my own MMO set in the world of the Dragonlance Saga.
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Remember what happened to Hugo after he won the lottery on Lost...

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    I wouldn't donate anything, I'd invest. Probably not in any gaming companies though, unless they had the talent to truly make a game not just use some FPS engine for an MMORPG.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited January 2018
    It would definitely be an indie developer who wants to stay independent. They'd also have to have a released product to prove their ability and tech/ideas unique to the industry and a willingness to try new things.

And ... never, ever go RMT.

You stay sassy!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Ungood said:
    Not a single cent to any gaming company.
    If that would ever happen, you'd never read from me again on any gaming forum. I'd be way too busy exploring every single corner of our magnificent planet.
    Why not do that now?
    Seems quite obvious... you need money to do that comfortably.
    Lots of money.  From what I understand, EuroPasses no longer exist in the form of "pay one price and you can travel freely between most European countries at will".

Thank the terrorists for ruining that. :(

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    ELDER GAME makers of Project Gorgon
    or
    The Adams brothers makers of Dwarf Fortress
    Hawkaya399

..Cake..

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    These hypothetical questions don't make much sense. Your answer/choice will most likely be a totally different one if you really won the lottery.
    [Deleted User]
  • CryptoCrowCryptoCrow Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I would just create my own Studio and donate it to me.
    Lokero
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited January 2018
    Ungood said:
    Not a single cent to any gaming company.
    If that would ever happen, you'd never read from me again on any gaming forum. I'd be way too busy exploring every single corner of our magnificent planet.
    Why not do that now?
    Seems quite obvious... you need money to do that comfortably.
    If it is your dream, then do it uncomfortably if you must.. but don't put it off till you win some lottery that may never happen.
    Post edited by Ungood on
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    Anthur said:
    These hypothetical questions don't make much sense. Your answer/choice will most likely be a totally different one if you really won the lottery.

I don't think many are actually thinking about this in a realistic or serious way.

This is one of those "if you were superman" type questions - people are answering for fun, not because they really think that will ever happen.

If I was superman I'd stop worrying about me liver! 
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    none , but i would put money for future game developers (scholarship) so the new wave of design artist , musicians , programmers have a easy way to be introduced in the industry
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    DMKano said:
    Anthur said:

I don't think many are actually thinking about this in a realistic or serious way.

Yeah, reality would be making a donation to Chevrolet in exchange of a very specific car... B)
    If you're thinking of the corvette, I drove my friend's vette, it is smooth at low speeds and is a sweet looking car, but visibility sucks and other than looking cool and going fast with a nice engine, there isn't much to the car :)

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I would give money to Patron accounts of teachers who have taught me programming and game development. 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited January 2018
    I don't think I'd directly donate to any company if I won the lottery. Though I'd definitely continue supporting GGG as each new supporter pack releases, but I've been doing that now for years, so idk.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I've already given money to one company  that is currently working on a game. That is it for me.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Dafuq? Donate to game company? Go play outside. :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    DMKano said:
    Anthur said:

Yeah, reality would be making a donation to Chevrolet in exchange of a very specific car... B)
    If you're thinking of the corvette, I drove my friend's vette, it is smooth at low speeds and is a sweet looking car, but visibility sucks and other than looking cool and going fast with a nice engine, there isn't much to the car :)

Cryomatrix
    Yeah, a batmobile would be a much better option.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    None. But if I had unlimited funds, I would hire a remake force to create SWG.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Cryomatrix
    Yeah, a batmobile would be a much better option.
    Tesla. Best car ever!! Auto-pilot is like auto-pathing 
    pantaro
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.