Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet Honors Longtime Player with a Generous Donation & Gifts After Home Fire - Guild Wars 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

ArenaNet Honors Longtime Player with a Generous Donation & Gifts After Home Fire - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - A longtime Guild Wars player named Flora "Siadina" Hunsucker lost her home recently to a tragic fire. She lost everything, including two beloved dogs, though her cats survived. The local fire department allowed Siadina to return to her home to pick through the ashes for anything salvageable. In the wreckage, she found a nearly undamaged copy of Guild Wars: Nightfall. She took a picture and tagged ArenaNet on Twitter. Then the magic began.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    That was awesome of ArenaNet to do. Kudos!
    OzzilupowingoodinfomatzRinswind89
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It was very nice to help out this player.
    Ozzilupowingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    "Feel good" story of the day for sure!
    Ozzilupowingoodxdave78Rinswind89
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Very awesome, nice one A-net! Poor pooches, heartbreaking.
    wingoodinfomatz
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Awesome always good to see a good game company out there actually donate to a good cause, although what would be great now is if they made Guild Wars 2 even more better so the population would increase, because I too have all the collectors editions of the Original Guild Wars game myself, and enjoy Guild Wars 1 more over Guild Wars 2 due to many issues not addressed for years in GW2...

That said a lot of F2P Companies could easily put items in game that contribute a percentage to different charity and I am sure people would buy them, I know CCP, and Blizzard do this, I think even League OF Legends.

Would love to see a population increase, and more charity events across many F2P Games.
    Siphaed
  • roamingVoltroamingVolt Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Best support, kindest people, always expecting something like that from aNet!
    wingood
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Good read This site need more articles like this
  • hasho83hasho83 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Awesome job Arenanet !
    wingood
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Love this company.

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Im sorry to hear about her dogs and I'm glad Anet helped her out. God Bless you guys, Anet.
    wingoodangerbeaverSinsai
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I don't play GW nor GW2 much anymore, but this is one of those good stories to read about.

Nicely done ArenaNet!

I thoroughly enjoyed GW back in the day, but never loss myself completely in GW2 so never became as entangled in it.

I'm sorry to hear about her loss, but again, very nice & unexpected gesture by ArenaNet.
    wingood
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Havent played GW2 in a long time. This is an awesome story, wish we could hear more stories like this.

Awesome Anet!
    wingood
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Such a tragedy about losing the dogs. Wherever you are Flora, my condolences!
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Awww, that's very sweet of them!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    When gaming company care more of you, then your goverment...

LOL