Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Headset

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
Im looking for a new headset, with a detachable mic, because i want to use it as normal headphones outside. Also it shouldnt look too ugly. :D

the price should be between 50 and 60 euro/dollar

I tried the Roccat Cross and Lioncast LX50.

Both were a bit uncomfortable on one side.

Ive looked at the Corsair HS50 and SteelSeries Siberia 150, has anyone experience with one these or any other headset recommendations?

Btw, im not a big fan of headphone + mic combo.

Thanks in advance.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No one? :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i don't have a recommendation. I just wanted to say that i have not had a pleasant experience with detachable mics on headsets. When the plug degrades after so much plug/unplug the noise they make with any movement or touch gets really annoying. With that said, it was a Mad Catz Tritton headset so maybe quality was not present.
    Ozmodan

i don't have a recommendation. I just wanted to say that i have not had a pleasant experience with detachable mics on headsets. When the plug degrades after so much plug/unplug the noise they make with any movement or touch gets really annoying. With that said, it was a Mad Catz Tritton headset so maybe quality was not present.
    Well, thats valid point, i just hope this is not a common problem with detachable mics.

- Albert Einstein

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The HyperX Cloud II has been amazing for me.  I've been using it for 2 years without any problems.  It's a little more expensive at $99.  The mic detaches and works great and the audio/surround controls can be removed from the cable.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826738003&cm_re=HyperX_Cloud_II_Gaming_Headset-_-26-738-003-_-Product  

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

GwapoJosh said:
    The HyperX Cloud II has been amazing for me.  I've been using it for 2 years without any problems.  It's a little more expensive at $99.  The mic detaches and works great and the audio/surround controls can be removed from the cable.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826738003&cm_re=HyperX_Cloud_II_Gaming_Headset-_-26-738-003-_-Product  
    I heard that they should be good, maybe its an option for me, since they cost 80€ on amazon here.

- Albert Einstein

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Daikuru said:
    GwapoJosh said:

I heard that they should be good, maybe its an option for me, since they cost 80€ on amazon here.
    I also wanted to add that they are amazingly comfortable.  I hardly notice that I'm wearing them.  The audio quality is close to my past Sennheisers but those were much much more expensive. 

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

GwapoJosh said:
    Daikuru said:
    GwapoJosh said:

I also wanted to add that they are amazingly comfortable.  I hardly notice that I'm wearing them.  The audio quality is close to my past Sennheisers but those were much much more expensive. 
    I only heard good things about the Hyper X Cloud II so far, i guess they are worth the money. :D

I think i gonna buy them.

Thanks for your reply/help.

- Albert Einstein