Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Forgets What an Alpha is

18910111214»

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:

I personally consider it foolishness to spend money now on something I don't get now.
    I DO participate in various crowdfunding projects and so far have been rewarded with a lot of fun times in these games. All are and were games that turned out really well e.g. Shadowrun games, Wasteland 2, E:D  etc. (finished) or Everspace, Descent, Battletech, Star Citizen, Wasteland 3, Bards Tale etc. (in development)

In most of these cases i think those excellent games would never be made without crowdfunding. Which would have been a true loss for the gaming scene IMHO. That was the reason i supported these (carefully selected) gaming projects.

I do not really care how long it takes until these games are finished. I always have more than enough games to play.

Have fun

It's a shame that SC/SQ42 isn't managed well. If CIG were ran like Larian, Obsidian, inXile, Harebrained or Frontier and kept a tight leash on their feature creep we could expect to see a pretty decent game, instead we end up with this convoluted shitfest of a game and a company that can't even do a bloody livestream on time after 5 years of doing livestreams...

I used to feel that they deserved some slack but those days are long gone. The product speaks far more than the so-called "vision" and the product is so woefully lacking for the money and time involved to date.
    But no one is backing Star Citizen to just get a "decent" game, people are tired of that, they want something more, that's why so many back Chris Roberts.

Chris Roberts was considered a Legend of Game Design because he didn't settled for "decent" games and always aimed for ambitious stuff.

That's why all his games, even when the scope is decreased, are better than just "decent" and inspired millions of gamers around the world.

Gaming evolves by people who take chances and aim for higher quality.

There's plenty of decent games to past time with out there, they make for a nice appetizer but that's about it.

If only other big studios would fill the gap...

Cmon Blizzard, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft, wake up...

Erillionrpmcmurphy
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Babuinix said:
    Erillion said:

I personally consider it foolishness to spend money now on something I don't get now.
    I DO participate in various crowdfunding projects and so far have been rewarded with a lot of fun times in these games. All are and were games that turned out really well e.g. Shadowrun games, Wasteland 2, E:D  etc. (finished) or Everspace, Descent, Battletech, Star Citizen, Wasteland 3, Bards Tale etc. (in development)

In most of these cases i think those excellent games would never be made without crowdfunding. Which would have been a true loss for the gaming scene IMHO. That was the reason i supported these (carefully selected) gaming projects.

I do not really care how long it takes until these games are finished. I always have more than enough games to play.

Have fun

It's a shame that SC/SQ42 isn't managed well. If CIG were ran like Larian, Obsidian, inXile, Harebrained or Frontier and kept a tight leash on their feature creep we could expect to see a pretty decent game, instead we end up with this convoluted shitfest of a game and a company that can't even do a bloody livestream on time after 5 years of doing livestreams...

I used to feel that they deserved some slack but those days are long gone. The product speaks far more than the so-called "vision" and the product is so woefully lacking for the money and time involved to date.
    But no one is backing Star Citizen to just get a "decent" game, people are tired of that, they want something more, that's why so many back Chris Roberts.

Chris Roberts was considered a Legend of Game Design because he didn't settled for "decent" games and always aimed for ambitious stuff.

That's why all his games, even when the scope is decreased, are better than just "decent" and inspired millions of gamers around the world.

Gaming evolves by people who take chances and aim for higher quality.

There's plenty of decent games to past time with out there, they make for a nice appetizer but that's about it.

If only other big studios would fill the gap...

Cmon Blizzard, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft, wake up...

The man is great on dreaming up games, he is also great dreaming up stuff the industry isn't close to building yet. As a designer he is one of the top guys to go to, but running a company and getting a game to release with as little capital as possible, nope not his strong point. Also starting to think the people around him aren't doing him any good.

The big boys need to hire him for his ideas but control what you take and build from those ideas. Only problem I see at this moment is no sign of an actual beta date. They would need to put the start of the mining/professions into the alpha before they get to beta. At this point we could be a year or more away from that.

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Olympic lvl gymnastics!!!
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:

Well that's where they made their mistake. People swallowed that bullshit hook, line and sinker and they've ended up with an absolute abomination of a game, the evidence is right there in the alpha, the evidence is right there in their videos. Currently we have a shit game, something with so many poorly thought out ideas, convoluted decisions and laborious gameplay. Hardly "something more"...

And just to clear things up, when I am referring to a decent game I would be thinking of something like Witcher 3, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild etc.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Imagine how pathetic your taste has become when games by Blizzard, Ubisoft, Rockstar are just appetizers and games by CIG are your main dish.

..Cake..

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    sgel said:
    Imagine how pathetic your taste has become when games by Blizzard, Ubisoft, Rockstar are just appetizers and games by CIG are your main dish.
    You mean "dreams of games by CIG", right? Because so far they haven't released anything.
    ScotchUpalkarionlog
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Zandog said:
    An interesting perspective from Gamer Revolution about playtime in alpha, expectations of development time and curiosity as to why anyone who has no investment in the game, wouldn't just go on with their lives and ignore it.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/362783-every-time-star-citizen-gets-new-update-everyone-forgets-alpha
    Just ignoring things you have no investment or involvement in isn't the standard these days. With the surge of social media it has become a society wide compulsion for  people to express their opinion about everything, often strongly so, whether the topic at hand has anything to do with them or not, or if they even have much genuine knowledge of it.

So, basically it is that way because it is like that for everything.
    Babuinix