Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Forgets What an Alpha is

189101113

Comments

  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,186
    edited January 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Again with pointless comparisons.

    WAAA WHERE'S MY WAAAMUBLANCE?

    If the business model was one of a released game who rely on the cosmetic funding model most of the cool stuff would be behind a paywall to keep the business running, which is what elite does.

    All in all it's all optional, nobody forces anyone to buy anything.

    I love you. You bring up games like Elite when you want to slag them off and talk up Star Citizen but when someone else does comparisons you call for the waaambulance :)

    Star Citizen is pay to win and there's no getting around that. Earning stuff in game is not exonerating it from those claims no matter how much you squint.
    I was trying to be kind to the ed lol...

    SC is not pay2win for the simple reason that there's nothing to win but a lot to test, it's a game currently in alpha and what we backers who play it do. We play-test it.

    Anything that you achieve get's erased with every big update, all the credits or progress you amass are wiped...

    If you wanna talk about Cost's and Pay2Win maybe go discuss the price of the ED alpha (300$) vs the 30$ of Star Citizen or how Engeniers is absolutely mandatory if you want to "win" in pvp over the Elite thread, but you would probably end up talking to yourself cause nobody seems to care enough to post there.

    Oh that's a good one. Everyone will be pleased to know that P2W is ok because it's currently an alpha....

    There is no denying, there is no getting around the fact that when the game goes live people who have spent lots on money on ships, tanks, land plots, UEC etc wll have a straight up advantage over those who have not paid.

    I really do not know why you guys try to dilute that fact and make out it's irrelevant, inconsequential, it's not "winning" and all the usual excuses.

    Again with the comparisons, weren't you just complaining about them?
    Your whataboutisms do nothing to alter what Star Citizen is doing. You can point to as many of the notorious P2W games as you like but it still does not change what CIG are up to.

    Star Citizen is 100% P2W.
    ScotchUp
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.
    At least you can't change from offline mode to online mode to amass credits... Or better yet combat log to avoid losing... Or undermine the work of online faction fighting by playing safely in offline... We could go on and on....

    There will always be faults in Star Citizen and it will never be what some people want it to be but that doesn't magically make elite better...
    rpmcmurphy
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.

    Or you take a look at the REAL quote upthread, not the out-of-context-cut-and-butchered-single-phrase-excerpt quoted by GeezerGamer.

    You have no idea if Star Citizen is a game dedicated to grinding. No one does. As all these in-game-money-for-time-invested values are not fixed yet.

    May I suggest you take a look at the dozen threads about "Is SC P2W" here in this forum? Or the respective thread in the official SC forum, with its 14000+ posts. I am sure you can add some substantially new perspective to this discussion.


    Have fun


  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I'ts funny that all of a sudden everyone forgot that Star Citizen business model of selling ship's started in 2012.

    So back when they bought a package they weren't concerned about "pay2win" and now years later they are lol.

    Seems to me that it's because the ongoing funding keeps their dream of seeing Star Citizen collapse from materializing.

    Envy is ugly indeed.
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,186
    Babuinix said:
    At least you can't change from offline mode to online mode to amass credits... Or better yet combat log to avoid losing... Or undermine the work of online faction fighting by playing safely in offline... We could go on and on....

    Indeed you would need a game for that. Anyway is that another whataboutism I see....

    Babuinix said:

    There will always be faults in Star Citizen and it will never be what some people want it to be but that doesn't magically make elite better...
    Duh...
  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Babuinix said:
    I'ts funny that all of a sudden everyone forgot that Star Citizen business model of selling ship's started in 2012.

    So back when they bought a package they weren't concerned about "pay2win" and now years later they are lol.

    Seems to me that it's because the ongoing funding keeps their dream of seeing Star Citizen collapse from materializing.

    Envy is ugly indeed.
    So people bought a package, then wanted the game to collapse?
    That's not happening so they are jealous?

    Yes, perfect sense.

    ..Cake..

  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited January 2018
    Since it's not the game they expected to be yes, they got "hurt", felt betrayed and now prefer to see it go down than be something they put money into but cant enjoy lol

    Also, they turned their hopes to other games instead but nothing seems to make the "pain" go away so they lash it out in any Star Citizen forum thread's like this one.
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,186
    Erillion said:
    You have no idea if Star Citizen is a game dedicated to grinding. No one does. As all these in-game-money-for-time-invested values are not fixed yet.
    It's pretty obvious. There is no way they can have people earning money fast enough otherwise it'll mean that people who paid might as well not have paid and they simply cannot allow that.

    So many of the things that CIG do are aimed at a certain demographic, namely those that want to pay ridiculous amounts of money for advantages in computer games. Just look at the requirements for the "chairman's club dinner" or the prices for their game assets. CIG are catering towards those people, the idea that they will stop catering towards them once the game goes live is just not going to happen.

    Look at the alpha and how long it takes to do any simple thing, there are so many hoops to jump through just for a basic gameplay loop.

    Erillion said:
    May I suggest you take a look at the dozen threads about "Is SC P2W" here in this forum? Or the respective thread in the official SC forum, with its 14000+ posts. I am sure you can add some substantially new perspective to this discussion.

    Have fun
    You're on such good form right now Erillion....

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551
    edited January 2018
    It's pretty obvious.
    Only to you. Because that is your personal opinion.

    For others - YMMV


    Have fun
    Cotic
  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Babuinix said:
    Since it's not the game they expected to be yes, they got "hurt", felt betrayed and now prefer to see it go down than be something they put money into but cant enjoy lol

    Also, they turned their hopes to other games instead but nothing seems to make the "pain" go away so they lash it out in any Star Citizen forum thread's like this one.
    Jeeeeeeezus that's one hell of fairytale you have going on there :D :dizzy:

    Can't people like that get a refund, then wait and see if the game gets good and rebuy?
    Why would they want to see it go down? Literally noone wins then.

    Also of course people will turn to other games.. does anyone play just ONE game?
    There's a ridiculous amount of good games out there with more releasing all the time.


    ..Cake..

  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.
    Really,
    then you should not mind listing all those supposed advantages in an extremely, extreme detailed bullet point.
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix
  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Arillix said:
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.
    Really,
    then you should not mind listing all those supposed advantages in an extremely, extreme detailed bullet point.
    You got him there.
    There will practically be no advantages of playing the game with a better ship than a starter ship.

    ..Cake..

  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,186
    Arillix said:
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.
    Really,
    then you should not mind listing all those supposed advantages in an extremely, extreme detailed bullet point.
    I'm sure you can do that yourself if you but try.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,726
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.

    Or you take a look at the REAL quote upthread, not the out-of-context-cut-and-butchered-single-phrase-excerpt quoted by GeezerGamer.

    You have no idea if Star Citizen is a game dedicated to grinding. No one does. As all these in-game-money-for-time-invested values are not fixed yet.

    May I suggest you take a look at the dozen threads about "Is SC P2W" here in this forum? Or the respective thread in the official SC forum, with its 14000+ posts. I am sure you can add some substantially new perspective to this discussion.


    Have fun


    So, I went back and re read your initlal post.

    You said "Or your can wait".......meaning for the game to release.
    I quoted "Or you can wait" .......meaning for the game to release.

    What you didn't like is that I picked up on your "context" in a way you didn't think about when you said it; and it bit you.


        -Have Fun.....waiting
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

    Or you wait.............


    Have fun

    Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

    Disgraceful.

    Or you take a look at the REAL quote upthread, not the out-of-context-cut-and-butchered-single-phrase-excerpt quoted by GeezerGamer.

    You have no idea if Star Citizen is a game dedicated to grinding. No one does. As all these in-game-money-for-time-invested values are not fixed yet.

    May I suggest you take a look at the dozen threads about "Is SC P2W" here in this forum? Or the respective thread in the official SC forum, with its 14000+ posts. I am sure you can add some substantially new perspective to this discussion.


    Have fun


    So, I went back and re read your initlal post.

    You said "Or your can wait".......meaning for the game to release.
    I quoted "Or you can wait" .......meaning for the game to release.

    What you didn't like is that I picked up on your "context" in a way you didn't think about when you said it; and it bit you.


        -Have Fun.....waiting
    Not even once in this thread did I either say "Or your can wait ..."  or  "Or you can wait..". Yes, you can scroll up and look for it yourself.

    I think you refer to the following post about the Nova tank:

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Or you wait and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only.

    Or one of the other vehicles.


    Have fun
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


    So ... you butchered a post, took a few words, put it in another context (grinding etc.) together with @rpmcmurphy ;

    Its about as honest as me quoting you as "...the game ... bit you."  ;-)  The words are in your post, but they are still taken out of context and are nonsense.


    Have fun


    PS:
    And yes, I do have fun in Star Citizen while waiting for launch day. Me and my buddies always find new things, discover new places, find previously unknown aspects of SC etc.


  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,726
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:

    Not even once in this thread did I either say "Or your can wait ..."  or  "Or you can wait..". Yes, you can scroll up and look for it yourself.

    I think you refer to the following post about the Nova tank:

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Or you wait and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only.

    Or one of the other vehicles.


    Have fun
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


    So ... you butchered a post, took a few words, put it in another context (grinding etc.) together with @rpmcmurphy ;

    Its about as honest as me quoting you as "...the game ... bit you."  ;-)  The words are in your post, but they are still taken out of context and are nonsense.


    Have fun


    PS:
    And yes, I do have fun in Star Citizen while waiting for launch day. Me and my buddies always find new things, discover new places, find previously unknown aspects of SC etc.


    So please clarify your context. Because I still don't see how it's different.

    "Or you wait and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only."

    Wait for the game to release.............
    That is the context I see in both posts here.

    Is there another context I missed or are we both waiting for the game to release?

    If you'd like I will go back and amend my post and at the following.....

    "...and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only."

    It won't change the context or the meaning of my post.

    You are still waiting........

    Post edited by GeezerGamer on
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551
    I am waiting for the launch of Star Citizen. We are both waiting for that, it seems.

    In the meantime I have fun playing and testing the Alpha version of Star Citizen. It sounds like you are NOT having fun play-testing the Alpha version of SC ... correct me if I am wrong.

    W.r.t. to the post about the Nova tank .... my point was that no one has to spend real world money for a Nova tank. There will be plenty of opportunities to get a Nova tank or any other vehicle with in game money earned in game once the game has launched, without the need to pay real world money beyond the cost of a basic starter package.


    Have fun
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,015
    How many of you do play other games while waiting for SC?

    For example, I rarely play Early Access games (even when I buy them to support them) because I am afraid to get bored with them before they come out of EA. So I tend to just check their development progress from time to time and meanwhile I just play other games.

    I am asking because some of you seem to almost live in these forums :)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,726
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    I am waiting for the launch of Star Citizen. We are both waiting for that, it seems.

    In the meantime I have fun playing and testing the Alpha version of Star Citizen. It sounds like you are NOT having fun play-testing the Alpha version of SC ... correct me if I am wrong.

    W.r.t. to the post about the Nova tank .... my point was that no one has to spend real world money for a Nova tank. There will be plenty of opportunities to get a Nova tank or any other vehicle with in game money earned in game once the game has launched, without the need to pay real world money beyond the cost of a basic starter package.


    Have fun
    I am not disputing the game as P2W vs Play to Win. I am saying. It's still in Alpha and probably will be for quite some time to come.

    We are sharing the same context. Two sides of the same coin. But just because I pointed out a difference in the subjective aspect of the context does not change the context. It's just that you did not consider a different view of that context when you said it.

    And No, I am not playing. I will buy this game after it releases, assuming it actually delivers an experience I want to spend time with.

    I personally consider it foolishness to spend money now on something I don't get now. I don't know how long until I get it, and don't have any control over what I get if I get anything at all.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551
    edited January 2018
    How many of you do play other games while waiting for SC?

    For example, I rarely play Early Access games (even when I buy them to support them) because I am afraid to get bored with them before they come out of EA. So I tend to just check their development progress from time to time and meanwhile I just play other games.

    I am asking because some of you seem to almost live in these forums :)
    I play about two dozen games at the moment, all kinds, as the mood takes me. Half a dozen are MMORPGs. Some are old school D&D type games. Some are Kickstarter games (e.g. Descent). Some are FPS. Some are strategy (Total War Warhammer). Some are simulators (Elite).

    There are some 300 games in my Steam and GoG (and some other) accounts. The majority of those 300 are from various bundles. Plenty of games still to play ;-)

    If i get nostalgic, i start up my Amiga 500 and play some old games that age well (e.g. Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator).

    When it comes to Alphas, Betas and Early Access:  Star Citizen and BattleTech mostly atm.

    Posting on the forum here is easy with a smartphone/tablet, no matter where one is. Especially when someone is not near the gaming desktop PC at home (like now).


    Have fun


    PS:
    Most recent game finished:
    Legends of the Sword Coast Main Plot + Rage of Demons

  • neiruliusneirulius Member UncommonPosts: 17
    How many of you do play other games while waiting for SC?

    For example, I rarely play Early Access games (even when I buy them to support them) because I am afraid to get bored with them before they come out of EA. So I tend to just check their development progress from time to time and meanwhile I just play other games.

    I am asking because some of you seem to almost live in these forums :)
    I'd be very concerned if someone didn't play other games while waiting on SC.
    The alpha doesn't have anything near a solid gameplay loop and there is probably something wrong with you if you can get enjoyment out of it for a long period of time.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,551

    I personally consider it foolishness to spend money now on something I don't get now.
    I DO participate in various crowdfunding projects and so far have been rewarded with a lot of fun times in these games. All are and were games that turned out really well e.g. Shadowrun games, Wasteland 2, E:D  etc. (finished) or Everspace, Descent, Battletech, Star Citizen, Wasteland 3, Bards Tale etc. (in development)

    In most of these cases i think those excellent games would never be made without crowdfunding. Which would have been a true loss for the gaming scene IMHO. That was the reason i supported these (carefully selected) gaming projects.

    I do not really care how long it takes until these games are finished. I always have more than enough games to play.


    Have fun
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    edited January 2018
    Babuinix Have to agree this isn't P2W if majority of ships don't work in game. Some of us believe a few of these awesome ships will never be ready to play in the game for years!

    This is the most entertaining game to watch. :)
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited January 2018
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix Have to agree this isn't P2W if majority of ships don't work in game. Some of us believe a few of these awesome ships will never be ready to play in the game for years!

    This is the most entertaining game to watch. :)
    All the ship's I've pledged for work in game.
    I'm sorry if some of yours don't but you always have loaners to play with.
    There's no pay2win , just focus on "gittingud" instead of "e-crying" and you'll be fine, eventually.



    rpmcmurphy
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,940
    Once you charge money, alpha goes bye bye
Sign In or Register to comment.