Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Introduces Rift Prime, a Subscription Based Progression Server - Rift - MMORPG.co

124»

Comments

• SadfistSadfist Member UncommonPosts: 15
    So can any RIft veteran explain this to me please:
    Will I still have to buy every expansion for the full price and also pay extra for unlocking some classes even on this new "subcription" server?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,221
    Dragnelus said:
    I will def try it, at launch I played a healer who healed with plants if I can remember it correct.
    Hmm guess I wont try it :( Bad luck for EU

https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/01/19/rift-live-stream-summary-january-19th-rift-prime/

No EU server. 

• lucyfluffylucyfluffy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I hope they can bring archeage server subs only so no more complain about p2w.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Sadfist said:
    So can any RIft veteran explain this to me please:
    Will I still have to buy every expansion for the full price and also pay extra for unlocking some classes even on this new "subcription" server?
    I asked this question earlier, not sure there's currently an answer.
    TorvalSadfist

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,814
    Renoaku said:
    Even if I did go back to Rift why would I want to waste my character that has every trade-skill at max almost?

Having different servers like this is a mistake, but rather they should allow character transfers with no RNG items aka cash shop items allowed, but no RNG boxes.

I would rather see a new server with a new population and have everyone start at the same place.
    Torval
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Does this game even have enough content to warrant a "progression" server?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,672
    When Trion wakes up to the real world and offers Rift with all expansions for a reasonable price like everyone else in the business does, I might consider this.  Most of us don't like being gouged.
  • MasoodVoonMasoodVoon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    edited January 2018
    Wow (exclamation not the game). I can't believe that so many people have problems with the economics of this thing versus letting people play this if they want to.

I bet many people would like to do this, perhaps not as many as originally played, but enough for Trion to get it's money back. We already know people want to do this for other games so why not let the developers take the entrepreneurial risk? I think the real issue is not whether people would want to do this but will they ever be informed. Most people seem to play MOBAs, witcher, and other non-MMO's nowadays and aren't in the MMO loop.

As far as the economics of the pricing. It's not something that makes the company greedy because it costs money to hire people and reconstruct the original states (see article about what Blizzard is going through with it's vanilla server). It's not gouging so let the company recoup some costs - so stop complaining. LOL. This kind of thing has already been happening with private servers for people that want to spend money.

See you there! We'll see how long this and vanilla wow will hold my attention.
  • dtan27dtan27 Member UncommonPosts: 31

JDis25 said:

Original Rift, WoW and Lotro were the games that got me into MMOs but Rift was the game I took most seriously. I min-maxed, I theorycrafted builds, I knew every dungeon and raid in vanilla but fell off the hardcore pve in the expansion, still always enjoyed the game until it went F2P.

I feel the same way. They should have done this the first place instead of going full F2P.

My entire guild disbanded because of the switch to F2P and there's no way people are coming back.

Remember the "deal" we got on the last expansion plus a full year of subscription? It went F2P about 3 months after that "deal" and left a very sour taste.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,814
    The more I think about this, the more interested I become in seeing it happen.