Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Forgets What an Alpha is

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    klash2def said:
    I can attest that while ED isn't "Feature complete" yet it is still in its current state a much more complete product than SC.  I thought this thread was about the SC Alpha series on Netflix?  

Leave ED out of this we have our own issues to worry about. 

I fully agree with this. Elite has lots of faults and it will never be what some people want it to be but that doesn't magically make Star Citizen better.
    klash2def
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    klash2def said:
    I can attest that while ED isn't "Feature complete" yet it is still in its current state a much more complete product than SC.  I thought this thread was about the SC Alpha series on Netflix?  

Leave ED out of this we have our own issues to worry about. 

I fully agree with this. Elite has lots of faults and it will never be what some people want it to be but that doesn't magically make Star Citizen better.
    Can you buy a tank in Elite? No? Then Star Citizen is good.
    ScotchUp
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I can buy an armed ATV in E:D

Have fun
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    You can only buy ED ATV's with in-game currency which means you have to "waste" your time playing the game.

You can currently only buy tanks in SC with real-cash... which is easier. You can't play it yet but you will own it and you'll be cool as hell.

Star Citizen is better.

kikoodutroa8

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    You can only buy ED ATV's with in-game currency which means you have to "waste" your time playing the game.

You can currently only buy tanks in SC with real-cash... which is easier. You can't play it yet but you will own it and you'll be cool as hell.

Star Citizen is better.

Or you wait and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only.

Or one of the other vehicles.

Have fun
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Star Citizen is better.

Or you wait and buy the Nova tank in game in SC after launch with in game cash only.

Have fun

A pricing comparison.

A Planetary Vehicle Hangar & Scarab in Elite would cost 23,270 credits. An amount that can be obtained by a brand new player within one hour, if not less.

Tanks in Star Citizen were being sold for $95 and as much as $720. Their prices might also increase as they are implemented within the game. At $95 it will be days before one can earn enough in game currency to purchase an in game item.
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Star Citizen is better.

Have fun
    Yeah...  "or you can wait" seems to be the answer to all the questions regarding CIG selling everything for real cash. I expect it to be the same answer even after the game launches.

..Cake..

Cotic said:
    At $95 it will be days before one can earn enough in game currency to purchase an in game item.
    Not if you spend hundreds of dollars to buy a ship that will allow you to grind in-game currency faster.

Checkmate hater.
    kikoodutroa8

..Cake..

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited January 2018
    Again with pointless comparisons.

Star Citizen business model is like this because the game secured enough funding and following that allows for this kind of development model.

That's why the basic package of Star Citizen will include most of the core  features that make the foundation of it's game.

- Ship flying
    - Vehicle Driving
    - Multicrew
    - Planetary Landing
    - Walking
    - FPShooting
    - EVA
    - Base Building
    - Etc

Beside, related to sales. Vehicles in Star Citizen are extremely more detailed and complex to produce compared with elite or any other game for that matter, as they have to be modelled fully from inside out, prepared to be habited and completed with various damaged states and even have different colour cockpit UI's and ship computers. 

Despite all that complexity and work to produce ship's Star Citizen already has a huge offer and variety of vehicles to play with thanks to the ongoing funding.

Currently you don't have to buy anything to experience it or grind for it for that matter, you can always ask someone to test any vehicle or even steal it if you can.

You can even play to earn ingame credits and rent ship's to test.

Also, Star Citizen 3.0 already allows for hefty dose of character clothing customization:

You can buy all the armours/cloths/weapons with ingame currency earned all by doing missions in-game.

If the business model was one of a released game who rely on the cosmetic funding model most of the cool stuff would be behind a paywall to keep the business running, which is what elite does.

All in all it's all optional, nobody forces anyone to buy anything.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Babuinix said:
    Again with pointless comparisons. [...]

Your trademark.
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix
    edited January 2018
    Babuinix said:

WAAA WHERE'S MY WAAAMUBLANCE?

If the business model was one of a released game who rely on the cosmetic funding model most of the cool stuff would be behind a paywall to keep the business running, which is what elite does.

I love you. You bring up games like Elite when you want to slag them off and talk up Star Citizen but when someone else does comparisons you call for the waaambulance :)

Star Citizen is pay to win and there's no getting around that. Earning stuff in game is not exonerating it from those claims no matter how much you squint.
    sgelMaxBaconBabuinixScotchUp
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    Star Citizen is pay to win and there's no getting around that. Earning stuff in game is not exonerating it from those claims no matter how much you squint.
    Then you respond with your opinions as the "word of god" fact.

The word of god that is nothing but speculation over something nobody knows, we don't know what will be the setup, the design, the progression, making such statements before that actually properly exists is basing yourself on assumption over assumption.

A fun topic on itself, as seen on this site never-ending discussions about "my perception of it is the fact". Oh fun times :)
    rpmcmurphy
    >>>
    Star Citizen is pay to win and there's no getting around that.
    >>>

A personal opinion of yours, not an universal truth set down in stone.

Personally i think you are wrong.

Have fun

rpmcmurphy
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    Star Citizen is pay to win and there's no getting around that.
    >>>

Have fun

Personally, everyone has their own opinion of pay to win is.
    For some, literally everything is pay to win. For others, it is more specific.

Refer to the never-ending discussion about EvE Online being P2W, as there was never one agreement people just went with their own opinion of it and that's it.
    MaxBacon said:
    Then you respond with your opinions as the "word of god" fact.

The word of god that is nothing but speculation over something nobody knows, we don't know what will be the setup, the design, the progression, making such statements before that actually properly exists is basing yourself on assumption over assumption.

A fun topic on itself, as seen on this site never-ending discussions about "my perception of it is the fact". Oh fun times :)
    Oh no, why am I not surprised to see this from you. Reported for baiting.

Otherwise I'm just stating the obvious, there's no getting away from the fact that most people would class SC as outright P2W.

Check out Worthabuy's latest video as a perfect example of how people view P2W

Erillion said:

Have fun

That's the downseide to whiteknighting I guess.

MaxBacon
    lol these "YOU'RE NOT MY MOM" responses are very convincing :D

..Cake..

That's the downseide to whiteknighting I guess.

Well, the motto "Everyone is wrong that does not agree with me" of yours does not seem to be a good alternative.

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Erillion said:

Or you wait.............

Have fun

edited January 2018

Otherwise I'm just stating the obvious, there's no getting away from the fact that most people would class SC as outright P2W.

lol that's quite the cheap report, using "word of god" expression is not baiting, it is pointing out how you are making "IT'S A FACT NO WAY AROUND IT" statements on something you simply don't know and are speculating about, or applying your own opinion of the definition within strict terms to cover any scenario as P2W.

And again not really, as this site shows on so many discussions about it, the defenition of P2W is not a globally agreed upon defenition.  And the biggest gap between opinions shall always be P2W being actually paywalls and not cut through the necessary grind to achieve something (if done within reasonable terms).
    Erillion said:

Or you wait.............

Have fun

Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

Disgraceful.
    MaxBacon said:

lol that's quite the cheap report, using "word of god" expression is not baiting, it is pointing out how you are making "IT'S A FACT NO WAY AROUND IT" statements on something you simply don't know and are speculating about, or applying your own opinion of the definition within strict terms to cover any scenario as P2W.

And again not really, as this site shows on so many discussions about it, the defenition of P2W is not a globally agreed upon defenition.  And the biggest gap between opinions shall always be P2W being actually paywalls and not cut through the necessary grind to achieve something (if done within reasonable terms).

It's your predictable ad hominem/baiting response, you always pull the same shit.

Not responding to you any further.

MaxBaconBabuinix
    edited January 2018
    Babuinix said:

I love you. You bring up games like Elite when you want to slag them off and talk up Star Citizen but when someone else does comparisons you call for the waaambulance :)

I was trying to be kind to elite lol...

SC is not pay2win for the simple reason that there's nothing to win but a lot to test, it's a game currently in alpha and what we backers who play it do. We play-test it.

Anything that you achieve get's erased with every big update, all the credits or progress you amass are wiped...

If you wanna talk about Cost's and Pay2Win maybe go discuss the price of the ED alpha (300$) vs the 30$ of Star Citizen or how Engeniers is absolutely mandatory if you want to "win" in pvp over the Elite thread, but you would probably end up talking to yourself cause nobody seems to care enough to post there.

We get it, all the hopes and dreams for an actual space-sim mmorpg rely on Star Citizen.
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

I was trying to be kind to the ed lol...

SC is not pay2win for the simple reason that there's nothing to win but a lot to test, it's a game currently in alpha and what we backers who play it do. We play-test it.

Anything that you achieve get's erased with every big update, all the credits or progress you amass are wiped...

If you wanna talk about Cost's and Pay2Win maybe go discuss the price of the ED alpha (300$) vs the 30$ of Star Citizen or how Engeniers is absolutely mandatory if you want to "win" in pvp over the Elite thread, but you would probably end up talking to yourself cause nobody seems to care enough to post there.

You care.
    In fact you slag off ED more than you talk about SC on the SC subreddit and here  :)

rpmcmurphyBabuinix

..Cake..

edited January 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

I was trying to be kind to the ed lol...

Oh that's a good one. Everyone will be pleased to know that P2W is ok because it's currently an alpha....

There is no denying, there is no getting around the fact that when the game goes live people who have spent lots on money on ships, tanks, land plots, UEC etc wll have a straight up advantage over those who have not paid.

I really do not know why you guys try to dilute that fact and make out it's irrelevant, inconsequential, it's not "winning" and all the usual excuses.

Again with the comparisons, weren't you just complaining about them?
    Your whataboutisms do nothing to alter what Star Citizen is doing. You can point to as many of the notorious P2W games as you like but it still does not change what CIG are up to.

Star Citizen is 100% P2W.
    ScotchUp
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:

Or you wait.............

Have fun

Indeed, wait and grind, wait and grind, wait and grind. All the while those that paid get ever farther ahead and gain more advantages over those that didn't pay.

Disgraceful.
    At least you can't change from offline mode to online mode to amass credits... Or better yet combat log to avoid losing... Or undermine the work of online faction fighting by playing safely in offline... We could go on and on....

There will always be faults in Star Citizen and it will never be what some people want it to be but that doesn't magically make elite better...
    rpmcmurphy