Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial Period Begins & Will Run Through January 24th - DarkFall: New Dawn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Trial Period Begins & Will Run Through January 24th - DarkFall: New Dawn - MMORPG.com

DarkFall: New Dawn News - From now through January 24th, you can check out all that's new in Darkfall: New Dawn. There are no limitations on the experience, though there are some things that will not carry over, or that will carry over in limited form, once the game officially launches on January 26th. In addition, you can still get in on several packages that will remain available through the 24th as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Was it this one or the other one that's gonna be "f2p" later this year?
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    pity the UI is still the same and they haven't worked on animations but from the few vids that i've watched this is definitely interesting.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Albatroes said:
    That's why it stinks when there are two of one thing...I have the same issue with Shroud of the Avatar and Camelot Unchained.....I have no idea what is in what and which one is which.
    AlomarSlapshot1188MazenealConstantineMerus
    One thing I do notice is that many pvp-centric games have some of the best character progression systems. This game supposedly has a free form progression system, AA has a pretty flexible class system which you can pretty much everything combat-wise on a single character, and you can even argue that ESO's true 'endgame' is pvp focused. The only ones to do meaningful pve-centric character progression have been EQ (2 included) and FFXI with post cap character progression.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Just installed it. Played it for 10 mins, Uninstalled it. Pure garbage.
    MMORPG.COM...you are way better than that.
    Tiller[Deleted User]SBFordwingoodkinkyJalepeno

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited January 2018
    Albatroes said:
    the other one.  This one hasn't launched yet and have a very good Dev team behind it. 

Local banking and marketplaces and removing crafted loot from mobs along with restricting crafting (before everyone could craft everything) will be a big boost to crafters and economy (think albion and eve).  

Titles encourage ppl to specialize their characters so now you don't need to be good at using all 200 spells and switching roles mid fight and can just focus on the playstyle you prefer instead of everyone being a jack of all.

Can't wait for launch, for the first time darkfall feels like a completely different game.

edit: I should add they they did a lot of work to alignment changes so you feel pretty damn safe as a blue in your own racial area.  Races matter in this version, if youre a human you need only watch out for orks, maharim, and alfar.  other humans, elves and dwarves will 95% be working together.  Mob spawns scale along with loot, so if there are multiple friendlies at a mob spawn they can work together instead of having to move to next mob camp because one is "full".
    Alomar
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Albatroes said:

That's why it stinks when there are two of one thing...I have the same issue with Shroud of the Avatar and Camelot Unchained.....I have no idea what is in what and which one is which.

Do you mean Crowfall and Camelot Unchained? Because there's very few similarities between the two you mentioned.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    edited January 2018
    ya does shroud even have pvp? had forgotten about that game.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited January 2018
    Avanah said:
    ...are they really?
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So far, I see nothing sub worthy about this game.  For the record I hope to be proved wrong.  Best of luck to them.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    So far, I see nothing sub worthy about this game.  For the record I hope to be proved wrong.  Best of luck to them.
    Dark Fall, is still one of the best games out there, its 100% Better than Albion Online, has Naval Combat, Full Loot PVP, and better graphics, now I don't know how good the New Dawn servers are last time I tried it it was laggy but may have improved given its been months ago.

But the Original Dark Fall game I played I loved it the PVP was awesome, and there are just no other games out there like this except maybe Life IS Feudal or Crow Fall, but neither are released yet and I haven't been able to play them in trial yet except Crow Fall in early alpha.
    Octagon7711
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2018
    Avanah said:

Tiller said:
    Avanah said:

...are they really?
    You see, here is the ugly specter of snarky commentary once again rearing its unattractive head yet again. On the one hand, we are castigated for...writing a news piece about an MMO that you happened not to like @Avanah? Somehow that's OUR fault? Do we need to put a standard warning label on all of our news and features saying that a game might not be for everyone? * facepalms *

On the other, a snarky slap in the face at our integrity @Tiller? Really? Then why are you here?

Some days the level of posting on these forums is beyond comprehension. :hushed:
    [Deleted User]Tim4290Cyber_wastelandetlarwingoodManWithNoTankillerqueerPottedPlant22Fangrim[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Avanah said:

Tiller said:
    Avanah said:

...are they really?
    You see, here is the ugly specter of snarky commentary once again rearing its unattractive head yet again. On the one hand, we are castigated for...writing a news piece about an MMO that you happened not to like @Avanah? Somehow that's OUR fault? Do we need to put a standard warning label on all of our news and features saying that a game might not be for everyone? * facepalms *

On the other, a snarky slap in the face at our integrity @Tiller? Really? Then why are you here?

Some days the level of posting on these forums is beyond comprehension. :hushed:
    Suzie, I miss Zappiboi too but you don't need to engage with all trolls out of grief.
    SBFord[Deleted User]wingoodManWithNoTan
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Never been one for just PvP focused games....but I guess as time goes one can learn to enjoy or even evolve there gaming habits.

Nothing out is really worth playing IMHO, me and my fiancé are waiting on a few games that I'm sure will fail just like the others before them have.
    Sadfist

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Albatroes said:
    You realize that those 2 games are like... about as different as you can possibly get and still be a fantasy based MMORPG...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    SBFord said:
    Avanah said:

Tiller said:
    Avanah said:

...are they really?

I shall endeavor to post more often to make up for that!

ManWithNoTanSadfist

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SBFord said:
    Avanah said:

Tiller said:
    Avanah said:

...are they really?

lol wow no need to get upset, it was meant as a lighthearted joke. I read this site daily and appreciate what you all try to do here, seriously.

There are no real MMO site communities were gamers can discuss the games they love or hate, this is like the last of them all. We all know there are plenty games out there that we all like to dis for fun and Darkfall has been one of them for many years now. Again didn't mean to offend lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Avanah said:
    Perfect. Now you're all set to do a review for Eurogamer...
    Slapshot1188killerqueerforcelimaHytek

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

SBFord said:

Avanah said:

Tiller said:

Avanah said:

...are they really?

You guys could have a story on how you are giving everyone on the site $20,000.00 and people would still come bitching saying stupid shit. Some people just bitch all the time no matter what the story.
    Hatefull
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Albatroes said:

Sometimes I mistake Burger King for McDonalds and Wendy's for Jack in the Box so I get what you're saying 100%.
    Mazeneal
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    So mostly or exclusively PvP? Ok. Pass, in PvP I spend too much time taking dirt naps( ie I suck at PvP). I am looking for to hear from those who enjoy PvP what they think of the game.
    Sadfist
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You have to EARN respect by proving this site has some integrity ,both when making threads on games and in giving review scores.I have not seen a very much integrity shown at all and looks even worse over at the sister site.

Then to make a sort of snarky comment like "then why are you here",yeah that is just bad.You see that would be making the ASSUMPTION one is here JUST to read these articles.Just maybe perhaps they are here in HOPES of seeing a good article or in HOPES or reading what other users have to say?
    That does NOT mean they are here for EVERY single article nor do users have to accept EVERY article as being legit.

Does this game deserve to be mentioned,i cannot see why not,did this site actually check out the game to see if warranted?Why did i just mention that?Well this site has shown since forever that is doesn't want the forums bogged down with rubbish or repeated threads,so in essence wanting users to show some integrity.Funny how that works huh,asking for more respect from users than what is given back,,yeah that doesn't look so good.

So next time,don't make assumptions someone is here just for YOU or your articles,there can be other reasons that don't require being snarky back.However yes i "get it"someone here felt they were being disrespected so need to bark back,but then look at this sites trends and understand as well.
    Mazeneal

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited January 2018
    Jamar870 said:
    So mostly or exclusively PvP? Ok. Pass, in PvP I spend too much time taking dirt naps( ie I suck at PvP). I am looking for to hear from those who enjoy PvP what they think of the game.
    the whole point with the devs of new dawn is to make a game that isn't purely pvp.  It's more like EvE or albion where there is a functioning local bank based economy.  Not everyone can craft and crafted products dont drop, so crafted items will have value.  They fixed alignment so you don't kill your racial friends anymore for no reason.  Areas deep in racial territory are mostly safe and Pvp will happen on borders and by player cities, so people interested in PvE know where to avoid and can make money killing mobs or trading goods from capitals to newbie cities etc.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Like many of you, I have been playing everything since the invention of dirt.  I still say that Darkfall has been one of my best gaming experiences.  It wasn't all PvP, either.  There was a ton of PvE gathering and crafting, town/castle building, etc.  But you did always have to be on your toes and travel wisely, prepared to accept a loss if you were foolish or not ready for flight or fight.  It was a great game because it caused collaboration.  Too many games don't require any player interaction, and THAT is what has been bleeding MMORPGs for the last ten or longer years.  I'm not saying this Darkfall will be an answer, but I did want to recommend it to those on the edge of deciding to try the free trial.
    ubermutUndepth

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

if you do do free trial, markets won't be a good indication of launch, local banking and markets were just introduced so those that have been playing beta for over a year have no reason to use them currently.