Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metric for what type of gamer you are.

k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
edited January 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Saw this on another post by Gorwe and thought it was interesting to see how I would score.  Would be interested in seeing others do it and post them takes about 5-10 mins.  Seems I am an achievement driven gamer, which is true to some degree.  It listed me as

Calm, Spontaneous, Driven, Independent, Story-Focused, and Inquisitive

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys/start/gamerprofile/

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,707
    Here's mine:

I don't feel like the questions they asked went into enough depth to really judge this sort of thing, but looking at my results I'd say they aren't far off. 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

edited January 2018
    ---

edited January 2018
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
  • BLNXBLNX Member UncommonPosts: 275
    edited January 2018
    Mine made a little lightning bolt!

immodium
    In the King's Court, I choose to be the Jester.
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    edited January 2018

"We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Mine said I failed the gamer test.
    BLNXGorweAlBQuirkySteelhelm
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I don't feel like the questions they asked went into enough depth to really judge this sort of thing, but looking at my results I'd say they aren't far off. 
    Yep, it was pretty binary, for a lot of questions it was almost like a yes/no, with 3 extra buttons in the middle - and for the fun I mostly just used those middle answers :smiley:

But even with those, due to the one-sided questions it was a fairly close result at the end. As a "screw the combat, community ftw" type of a story player I got 12% and 14% on mastery and action, 30% on achievements, and 44-50% for the social-creativity-immersion trio.

"Calm, Spontaneous, Completionist, and Gregarious" that is a fairly close match as well.
    (though I had to search the last one, never heard of it before  :smiley: )
    cameltosis
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I chose mostly the middle options as well, but not on purpose.  I didn't feel that I strongly enjoyed something all the time aside from being immersed in my character.  I didn't like action all the time.  I didn't like blood, gore, and explosions all the time.  I didn't like reading too much fake story or history.  I am not crazy about completing everything.  I don't strive to be the best, but I like to compete a bit.  My scores make it look like I am not really interested in anything outside of immersion.  In fact, I'm just not interested in most things to a bipolar extreme.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55

Calm, Spontaneous, Relaxed, Independent, Grounded, and Practical

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Here is mine

and

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That's me, mostly exploration and finding ways to do things differently.

Creativity 88%
    Immersion 81%
    Action 47%

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    https://goo.gl/CepwsC   Here is mine.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    And that information y'all are providing to quantic foundry is being used by microtransaction based developers to make their games more profitable.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Grunty said:
    And that information y'all are providing to quantic foundry is being used by microtransaction based developers to make their games more profitable.
    Who really cares to be honest?  Everything you do online is track and used for something else, I mean everything.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2018
    k61977 said:
    Grunty said:
    Who really cares to be honest?  Everything you do online is track and used for something else, I mean everything.
    I bet you have more store id cards on your key ring than you do keys.  I don't have any.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985

Calm, Spontaneous, Driven, Independent, Deeply Immersed, and Creative

https://goo.gl/pLsCPT
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Here's mine:

You were like the same as mine. 

cameltosis
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited January 2018

Action-Oriented, Spontaneous, Relaxed, and Social

Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2018
    https://goo.gl/33hx6W

https://goo.gl/33hx6W

Felt okay to answer. I agree with Cameltosis that there could've been more fleshed out questions etc but its definitely something to help steer people in a direction that feel lost in the current market. Plus it recommends some games based on your results which is always good.

VengeSunsoar
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Grunty said:
    k61977 said:
    Grunty said:
    I bet you have more store id cards on your key ring than you do keys.  I don't have any.
    Bet you are wrong don't have any either.  Hell I don't even have any store credit cards either.  Would you like to try again?