Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Forgets What an Alpha is

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Cotic said:
    sgel said:
    Again, you said: "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Stop lying.
    Must be a slow news day for Star Citizen so he's trolling you instead.
    No ... if @sgel ; thinks i am lying he can easily prove me wrong by creating a video of E:D that looks a bit like the trailer, shows scenes like the flashy space combat in the trailer (which is NOT like the gameplay in E:D).

If he can do that, he is correct. I say that he cannot do that.

Have fun
    [Deleted User]Babuinixrpmcmurphy
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    sgel said:
    Again, you said: "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Stop lying.
    No ... if @sgel ; thinks i am lying he can easily prove me wrong by creating a video of E:D that looks a bit like the trailer, shows scenes like the flashy space combat in the trailer (which is NOT like the gameplay in E:D).

Have fun

No. He doesn't need to do that at all.
    What needs to happen is for you to prove Frontier were advertising their Not Actual Gameplay video as though it was real gameplay.

Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    sgel said:

Stop lying.

Have fun

What needs to happen is for you to prove Frontier were advertising their Not Actual Gameplay video as though it was real gameplay.

https://www.google.at/search?source=hp&ei=h-5gWvbFHoXNwQLU17OYDA&q=elite+dangerous+launch+trailer++honest&oq=elite+dangerous+launch+trailer++honest&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1.1325.10832.0.11260.38.28.0.10.10.0.225.3089.0j23j1.24.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.34.3307...0j0i131k1j0i131i10k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1.0.SriSiLljJ2Y

You can read how "honest" the international gaming press considered this launch trailer
    (google, words: elite dangerous launch trailer  honest)

Have fun

rpmcmurphy
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    An Honest Elite Dangerous Trailer Thats Closer To The Actual Game
    Babuinix

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Remember when alpha was a stage of development and not a product?
    kikoodutroa8klash2def

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    sgel said:

Stop lying.

Have fun

https://www.google.at/search?source=hp&ei=h-5gWvbFHoXNwQLU17OYDA&q=elite+dangerous+launch+trailer++honest&oq=elite+dangerous+launch+trailer++honest&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1.1325.10832.0.11260.38.28.0.10.10.0.225.3089.0j23j1.24.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.34.3307...0j0i131k1j0i131i10k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1.0.SriSiLljJ2Y

You can read how "honest" the international gaming press considered this launch trailer
    (google, words: elite dangerous launch trailer  honest)

Have fun

9 seconds in there is writing in white lettering against a black background saying not actual game footage. So Frontier even put it in their launch trailer.
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Well it's a different perspective. The game is FPP the trailer is not.
    Try this however: Look at the trailer, then watch some Isinona videos or some other good combat videos and try and imagine what it looks like if you were a third person spectator watching a fight around a station. Remove the spiced up special effects and some of the maneuvers and that's it's actual gameplay.

It just isn't as exciting when you're playing the game as it is watching a trailer with selected condensed exciting gameplay accompanied by a cool soundtrack.
    I'm surprised you need someone to tell you that.

**snip ***

You, however, said the trailer "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Please stop lying.

I do not have to imagine anything. You seem to forget that i am an avid E:D player for years now. I participate in such combat action myself ... and do make videos of it. From a third person view, using the external camera mode too.  Therefore i know what one can do .. and cannot do. What is actual gameplay. And what is not.

Which also means: what i said about the trailer still stands. 

As for video and information sources - sorry, @rpmcmurphy ; .... you can either believe me ... or not. It is entirely up to you.  And the dog likes slippers, toes and newspapers, not videos ;-)

Have fun
    let me see if i'm undertanding here, you are trying to compare a game who is out, playable, and updated with a game who till now is more vaporware then a real game?
    Not the first time the SC marketing department has done this. The SC marketing people are constantly here trying to deflect and lie.
    Cmon, how absurd. That's like saying there are Goonsquad/SomethingAweful/DerekSmart predominants or even E:D's "Hate Club" members (ran by StuartGT, an E:D subreddit moderator.) on this board. We all know non of those troll would ever slime there way into this forum. /s
    kikoodutroa8
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Kinda pointless and unfair comparison when you think about budget, scope and focus tbh

CIG is all in into the making of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 at the same time, 2 massively ambitious games both in quality of assets a scale with a studio made from scratch for the sole purpose of making a new revolutionary IP.

For many Star Citizen 3.0 is more of a game than ED will ever be. And that's ok, people can enjoy different things.

I see complains from several die-hard ed fans that would die for Star Citizen flight model to be more like ED when all that would do is give even more incentive to the people that are burned out from playing ED to leave it for Star Citizen, bleeding even more players and speeding the process of it going F2P.

At the same time I can understand that they get a bit jealous of all the money and attention that Star Citizen gets. They probably think that money could go to ED or other space games and that it would make their development faster.

That "they hate us because they ain't us" probably, strange but a strong possibility since ED threads and news don't gather such world wide attraction. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    "No cause for alarm, pregnant lady! Your child is still but a fetus... a fetus in its 23rd trimester..."
    EponyxDamorZandogkikoodutroa8JamesGoblin
  • sander_storm3sander_storm3 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2018
    great!
    kikoodutroa8JamesGoblin
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    Kinda pointless and unfair comparison when you think about budget, scope and focus tbh

CIG is all in into the making of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 at the same time, 2 massively ambitious games both in quality of assets a scale with a studio made from scratch for the sole purpose of making a new revolutionary IP.

For many Star Citizen 3.0 is more of a game than ED will ever be. And that's ok, people can enjoy different things.

I see complains from several die-hard ed fans that would die for Star Citizen flight model to be more like ED when all that would do is give even more incentive to the people that are burned out from playing ED to leave it for Star Citizen, bleeding even more players and speeding the process of it going F2P.

At the same time I can understand that they get a bit jealous of all the money and attention that Star Citizen gets. They probably think that money could go to ED or other space games and that it would make their development faster.

That "they hate us because they ain't us" probably, strange but a strong possibility since ED threads and news don't gather such world wide attraction. 

Sorry post was a bit incoherent so I decided to clear it up a bit.
    I tried to keep the structure the same as to not confuse you too much:

For many ED is more of game than SC will ever be. You only need a pair of eyes and a minimal amount of grey matter to see how much more gameplay ED has.
    But that's ok, people can enjoy different things.

Other companies have managed to release two complete games, actively expanding them and start work on a third game in the time CIG needed to make an incomplete demo of a Squadron 42 mission.

I see complaints from several die-hard SC fans who have been waiting for 6 years for a game and all they got up to now was a shitty tech demo. They thought they were getting a space simulator and instead they got FPS in space. The Best Damn Space Sim Ever can't even get flying right.

I guess 6 years with no game will give people more incentive to go to other games, bleeding even more players and speeding the process of SC never releasing what it promised.

All the time I can understand that they get a bit jealous of all the gameplay and polishing mechanics ED gets. They probably think that all that gameplay could go to SC and that would make the game complete faster.

That “they hate us because we have a game and they don't” probably, strange but a strong possibility since SC threads and news gather the most critical comments of any game ever.

kikoodutroa8

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

For many ED is more of game than SC will ever be. You only need a pair of eyes and a minimal amount of grey matter to see how much more gameplay ED has.

Other companies have managed to release two complete games, actively expanding them and start work on a third game in the time CIG needed to make an incomplete demo of a Squadron 42 mission.

I see complaints from several die-hard SC fans who have been waiting for 6 years for a game and all they got up to now was a shitty tech demo. They thought they were getting a space simulator and instead they got FPS in space. The Best Damn Space Sim Ever can't even get flying right.

I guess 6 years with no game will give people more incentive to go to other games, bleeding even more players and speeding the process of SC never releasing what it promised.

All the time I can understand that they get a bit jealous of all the gameplay and polishing mechanics ED gets. They probably think that all that gameplay could go to SC and that would make the game complete faster.

That “they hate us because we have a game and they don't” probably, strange but a strong possibility since SC threads and news gather the most critical comments of any game ever.

I think one of the main reason Star Citizen gets so much support year after year is exactly because they don't want another Elite for that matter. Anyone that would like to play it would have by now and probably have grown tired of it not actually going in the direction they would like.

I have no problem having fun with playing what's already available, following the development and waiting for the features to be added as they go. And many other backers feel the same because what 3.0 already provides in terms of gameplay is unprecedented in the space gaming scene and a dream made real.

The strange is how that happiness to play a game in development and willingness to keep supporting it seems to get on some folk's nerves who just don't get it.

Looks like the "stop liking what I don't like" is still a thing in a world where new games are available to play every week.
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

I think one of the main reason Star Citizen gets so much support year after year is exactly because they don't want another Elite for that matter. Anyone that would like to play it would have by now and probably have grown tired of it not actually going in the direction they would like.

I have no problem having fun with playing what's already available, following the development and waiting for the features to be added as they go. And many other backers feel the same because what 3.0 already provides in terms of gameplay is unprecedented in the space gaming scene and a dream made real.

The strange is how that happiness to play a game in development and willingness to keep supporting it seems to get on some folk's nerves who just don't get it.

Looks like the "stop liking what I don't like" is still a thing in a world where new games are available to play every week.
    I think one of the main reasons ED gets so much support and people are still playing it year after year is exactly because they're fed up of waiting for Star Citizen for that matter. Anyone that would like to play it has probably played the few hours of content available to them after 6 years of development time and have grown tired of not actually going in the direction of a game with actual meaningful gameplay.

I have no problem having fun with playing what's already available, which is a pretty complete game, following the development and waiting for even more features to be added and existing features to be polished up. And many other backers feel the same because what Elite Dangerous already provides in terms of gameplay is unprecedented in the space gaming scene and a dream made real.

The strange is how that happiness to play a game that's already released and being actively added to and willingness to keep supporting it seems to get on some folk's nerves who just don't get it.

Looks like the "stop liking that thing, here like my thing and buy an idris or a tank" is still a thing in a world where new games are available to play every week.
    klash2def

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

I think one of the main reasons ED gets so much support and people are still playing it year after year is exactly because they're fed up of waiting for Star Citizen for that matter. Anyone that would like to play it has probably played the few hours of content available to them after 6 years of development time and have grown tired of not actually going in the direction of a game with actual meaningful gameplay.

I have no problem having fun with playing what's already available, which is a pretty complete game, following the development and waiting for even more features to be added and existing features to be polished up. And many other backers feel the same because what Elite Dangerous already provides in terms of gameplay is unprecedented in the space gaming scene and a dream made real.

The strange is how that happiness to play a game that's already released and being actively added to and willingness to keep supporting it seems to get on some folk's nerves who just don't get it.

Looks like the "stop liking that thing, here like my thing and buy an idris or a tank" is still a thing in a world where new games are available to play every week.
    Exactly, and that's perfectly fine and it would go well in the Elite forum discussion thread if anyone cared enough to post there.

But I guess the "wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle" released harmed it forever hence the delays in ramping up game engaging mechanics to make it more of a game and less of a bore.

I think that the fact Star Citizen gets so much criticism and scrutiny, besides the fact that it's the biggest crowdfunded game project in development, highly ambitious and with an open development.

It's the fact that it's the dream game for many gamers out there, not only space fans but in general. There's clearly tremendous interest in seeing a game of this magnitude and scope come alive.

Activision, EA's, Ubisofts and other major studios seem to not be going in that particular direction (Star Citizen) or delivering games that are not enough to scratch the hitch (cod, destiny, andromeda, bfront etc)

Almost no one goes to the trouble of going to every elite thread in the web to point out it's flawed
    "wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle" flaw because it's known since it's release and 4 years later hasn't improve enough for the people to care.

In a way it's a great testament to the ambition and direction of Star Citizen to have such passionate people devouring every inch of it's development day and night.

A truly inspiring spirit of passionate citizen's enjoying a massive online universe filled with fidel's and idris blowing by flocking aurora kamizaking in unison.  
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    SC team..Chris are the ones who have no clue what an Alpha is.

To lay claim to a standard of the game,means you have to have a finalized version of the game incoming,meaning polish and bug fixing and finalizing some other small areas of the game.

Alpha usually or often involves just friends and family,then we move into Beta which is letting gamer's test the product for final problems before release.

So to claim an Alpha phase means Chris Roberts can stand up state the projected release for this game "within reason".This means that is problems with this finalized product arise,they need time to fix them and unless a pile of fixes,should be moving into Beta within 2 months of the Alpha announcement.

Point being...does ANYONE think Chris Robert's knows what an Alpha is?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Know what to expect,more of the bull crap they been feeding us for years..Alpha 1.0...Alpha 1.01..Alpha 1.02 etc etc,then another year later,final Alpha,then several phases of beta for another year.It is really sad the bull this guy keeps pulling on naive gamer's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

Point being...does ANYONE think Chris Robert's knows what an Alpha is?
    Yes. I do.

Have fun

Wizardry said:
    ... pulling on naive gamer's.
    --> "You must be naive. You have a different opinion than i have ! "

--> Have fun
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

Exactly, and that's perfectly fine and it would go well in the Elite forum discussion thread if anyone cared enough to post there.

But I guess the "wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle" released harmed it forever hence the delays in ramping up game engaging mechanics to make it more of a game and less of a bore.

I think that the fact Star Citizen gets so much criticism and scrutiny, besides the fact that it's the biggest crowdfunded game project in development, highly ambitious and with an open development.

It's the fact that it's the dream game for many gamers out there, not only space fans but in general. There's clearly tremendous interest in seeing a game of this magnitude and scope come alive.

Activision, EA's, Ubisofts and other major studios seem to not be going in that particular direction (Star Citizen) or delivering games that are not enough to scratch the hitch (cod, destiny, andromeda, bfront etc)

Almost no one goes to the trouble of going to every elite thread in the web to point out it's flawed
    "wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle" flaw because it's known since it's release and 4 years later hasn't improve enough for the people to care.

In a way it's a great testament to the ambition and direction of Star Citizen to have such passionate people devouring every inch of it's development day and night.

A truly inspiring spirit of passionate citizen's enjoying a massive online universe filled with fidel's and idris blowing by flocking aurora kamizaking in unison.  
    It's ok.
    I'd regurgitate whatever opinion my fellow SC white knights fed me on a game I've never played.
    I don't blame you.
    I also understand how jealous people must be that their games aren't viewed in such a negative light as SC is seen in pretty much every single gaming community.
    I guess even bad comments are good comments when you have no dignity right?

..Cake..

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Erillion, has the feature creep come to a stop now? Hope so then they can concentrate on finishing the game and having beta testing and I'm not talking about Squadron 42

edited January 2018
    sgel said:
    It's ok.
    I'd regurgitate whatever opinion my fellow SC white knights fed me on a game I've never played.
    I don't blame you.
    I also understand how jealous people must be that their games aren't viewed in such a negative light as SC is seen in pretty much every single gaming community.
    I guess even bad comments are good comments when you have no dignity right?
    Ah ok now I get where all this disdain comes from...

It's not really about games is it. It's about portraying SC in a bad light whatever it takes...

Well good luck with that, I'm sure 2018 will be the year that ED will become actually fun to play, the FUD shenanigans will finally prove fruitful and Star Citizen stops crashing to desktop. 90 day's top, Giev Space Legs and all that jazz.

Long live Space Games, Sir Roberts and Sir Braben.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    And with that post, he finally ascended...
    MadFrenchie
    Jamar870 said:
    Erillion, has the feature creep come to a stop now? Hope so then they can concentrate on finishing the game and having beta testing and I'm not talking about Squadron 42

No new features are being added. CIG shows some new innovations (like the planetwide city and the tools used to create cities), but they all can be traced back to various Stretch Goals from the crowdfunding campaign. Because there are so many stretch goals and many do not remember them all, some people think that new features are still being added. There is a stretch goal list on the SC homepage. What some people consider feature creep is just CIG working trough the list and adding the things they promised.

CIG does sometimes add new ships and vehicles. They recognize during development a need for certain ships for certain roles, often based on backer feedback. E.g. a starter ship which was added recently for those interested in a bounty hunting career. Some people seem to think that such a new ship is the same as a adding a new game feature. In my opinion it is not. It is just a filling of gaps in the ship roster, using the existing ship pipeline. Some of these ships and vehicles (e.g. the ARGO shuttle) also come from Squadron 42 .... which means they seem to be new, but CIG has been working on them for a long time already for their solo game and they just make it available for the multiplayer game too.

Have fun

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    I can attest that while ED isn't "Feature complete" yet it is still in its current state a much more complete product than SC.  I thought this thread was about the SC Alpha series on Netflix?  

Leave ED out of this we have our own issues to worry about. 
    rpmcmurphy
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Nilden said:
    Remember when alpha was a stage of development and not a product?
    Seems like it was yesterday. they grow fast. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.