Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe questions!

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys, this game sounds kind of interesting.  Is it truly an MMO?  Are many people playing?  Is the game super twitchy and headshot oriented?  Thanks!

Comments

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    edited November 2017
    Not really an MMO, more of a MOBA as to how it feels.  You are in your ship which is like a lobby to go do missions from.  It is an extremely fast game as to how fast you can move around shooting things.  Headshots are optional but as usual effective if you are fast enough.  You can kill enemies in more ways than can be listed, there are a ton of melee and ranged weapons to play with.  Also each frame has it's own innate set of powers to help with the carnage.  As a Warframe you are supposed to be worth 100's, even 1000's of enemy soldiers and it does feel that way.

Last off a lot of people play.  The game is always rated very high as to population on Steam.  But you can only play with four people at a time for the most part.  You can also effectively solo too.  I personally love Warframe though I am not playing it actively right now due to spending so much time in Fortnite.  That said I definitely recommend at least trying it out, Warframe is good fun. :)

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Thanks!  That's a bummer, I was hoping it was more MMO-like.
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    My Wife and I are currently playing Warframe and loving it....I wouldn't say it was like a MOBA...Its more like Destiny if you've ever played that game.....But it has a lot more customization than Destiny....As I said we love it and as Zoe said its def worth the try
    d_20
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    is there any way to slow down the camera?

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    It is a hub based game.  It does have some zones that are basically free run though, mostly for rep quest ect...  It is much of a MMO as any of the other hub games:  Division, Destiny...  I see it as a good get away game when I just want to go do something for a little while, run a mission or two then log out to do something else.  It is a fun game, but for me it is mostly a solo player game with others around me if I go visit a city.  Could be a great game for a small group of friends though.  Overall pop in give it a try nothing to lose it is free to play. 
    d_20Stjerneodd
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    It's not at all anything like a moba.

Here are some videos that I found helpful.

Review by a former Destiny 1/2 youtuber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuJitrbTFY  

And a couple of different beginner's guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FevEOruPck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5j_MA-brI

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Google skill-ups warframe review 2017. 

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    lack of documentation an absolutely dreadful bad chat bot ....dont get me going on words gay and trap , you get banned for that apprentice and people bait others to say it....

dont get me wrong its fun to play while you have stuff to play..i got to mr 8 and got chat banned because some user at 2am in morning baited me into saying a banned word( he also got banned but he obviously didnt care)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    lack of documentation an absolutely dreadful bad chat bot ....dont get me going on words gay and trap , you get banned for that apprentice and people bait others to say it....

dont get me wrong its fun to play while you have stuff to play..i got to mr 8 and got chat banned because some user at 2am in morning baited me into saying a banned word( he also got banned but he obviously didnt care)
    I mean you shouldn't really be going out of your way to use those types of words as a derogatory term. I've honestly never seen anyone bait people into saying things in chat and I've played Warframe on PC for a few hundred hours, on Xbox one for a hundred or so and PS4 for a couple hundred. 

I would say the population is the biggest it's been on consoles, and PC is extremely healthy as well. I moved over to the console just due to friends playing but any way to play is going to be good. It's a great game. The game is entirely instanced so it feels less like an MMORPG and more like a Phantasy Star Universe or something of the sort (minus the hub). It's easy to find groups, and finding a helpful clan is extremely easy.

Now they do kind of tempt you into paying money for the in game currency, but it's so easy to trade with other players to get the currency it's insane. I haven't spent a dime on the PS4 version but had over 100$ worth of currency just from farming parts of a prime warframe and selling them.