Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Development Roadmap Revealed in Steam 'Dev Talk' Session - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

image2018 Development Roadmap Revealed in Steam 'Dev Talk' Session - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - The Bless Online team has published the first in a series of 'Dev Talk' sessions with Game Director Jae-hoon Jeon. In this inaugural post, the discussion centers on the roadmap for the coming year, with particular regard to Steam development of the game. "We are extremely grateful that so many of you ... are bringing up points of concern because of your interest and enthusiasm for Bless" writes Jeon.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    just RIP this game already. It died on alpha, ramake, died again on "release", remake and it will die again. It has a concept wich is not working.
    MaldoranAshikurojarsku85TheScavenger
  • butznutzbutznutz Member UncommonPosts: 17
    i just hope they leave in tab targeting.
    sycogenesisAlomarMikehadjnj2000Cyber_wastelandinfomatzZeneren
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

butznutz said:

i just hope they leave in tab targeting.

I believe the goal is to offer both a TERA-like combat system, and a tab-targeting system. Sort of like GW2.
    chocolate42069

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I hate Steam. It just feels like in order to play a game, I have to first do so by entering a High School class.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    So disappointing that they are pushing to launch on Steam ASAP.

The game is not ready - not for western standards.

Here they are talking about "extremely greatful to so many bringing up points of concern" - but hey we'll launch ASAP on steam knowing that the game is not ready.

Actions speak louder than words - if they were really concerned about the feedback, they'd delay the launch about another year to get it ready.

I really had high hopes for Bless when they pulled it offline and started full blown rework to fix both technical (which are fixed) and game issues - but nope - seems like they have not learned their lesson - western audience will take a massive DUMP on Bless due to obvious issues that they are not addressing.

/SMH

Just wait til the players see the state of the game world - as in how completely empty it is outside of questing areas. There's zero excuse for that.
    With the tremendous amount of success of early-access on Steam in the west, do you really blame them? 
    Azaron_Nightblade
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

DMKano said:

Here they are talking about "extremely greatful to so many bringing up points of concern" - but hey we'll launch ASAP on steam knowing that the game is not ready.

Actions speak louder than words - if they were really concerned about the feedback, they'd delay the launch about another year to get it ready.

I really had high hopes for Bless when they pulled it offline and started full blown rework to fix both technical (which are fixed) and game issues - but nope - seems like they have not learned their lesson - western audience will take a massive DUMP on Bless due to obvious issues that they are not addressing.

/SMH

Just wait til the players see the state of the game world - as in how completely empty it is outside of questing areas. There's zero excuse for that.

Probably the biggest thing is that its been around so long already and pretty much launched 2-3? in the past yet still isn't ready.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited January 2018

DMKano said:

Steam EA is going to launch "as soon as possible"

You know what? I'm ok with this. I'm not sure if it will help their cause with other players but I can handle it and I'm excited to step into the world and make my own way. I mean, there was a poster here who said his time with the game was some of the most fun he'd ever had. I think that says a lot given its current state. I'm going to go on the assumption that he is very much like me. Now "others" should probably stay away. Oh, they won't and they will come to the forums and complain but they really should do themselves a favor and stay away.
    [Deleted User]Azaron_Nightblade
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Torval said:
    Albatroes said:
    DMKano said:

/SMH

Probably the biggest thing is that its been around so long already and pretty much launched 2-3? in the past yet still isn't ready.
    Would delaying another year make it that much better for what it would cost? The western audience will take a massive dump on most every MMO. 
    I'm pretty sure at this point that some of the Western gamers pick up new games for that exact purpose lol.
    [Deleted User]

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    As for the world being completely empty, yes that is true, but you get flying mounts at endgame so most don't notice it as much. 

The biggest issue is optimization imo. It has been a weak point of Bless since the start, and continues to be so now. All previous versions died largely in part due to it, especially Russia.