Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Forgets What an Alpha is

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    It has been a long time since I have seen the launch trailer but did that not have a disclaimer saying "Not Actual Gameplay"? If that is the case how can @Erillion claim it was sold as gameplay?

Because the disclaimer "Not Actual Gameplay" was added later after loud protests from people that knew.

Have fun
    That is not true at all.

The only version of the launch video is the one released to the press on the 10th of December 2014 and that clearly has the disclaimer in it.
    Operative words being ".. to the press..."   ;-)

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    It has been a long time since I have seen the launch trailer but did that not have a disclaimer saying "Not Actual Gameplay"? If that is the case how can @Erillion claim it was sold as gameplay?

Because the disclaimer "Not Actual Gameplay" was quickly added later after loud protests from people that knew.

Have fun

PS:

"Doing crazy stuff" ... watch the launch trailer ... no, you cannot do the things as they are depicted in that trailer. You can fly, you can fight ... but not in the way it is shown here.

Bullshit.
    You can do most of the flying stuff shown in the vid... as for the rest, sure.. "spiced up". 

Pretty awesome trailer though.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Bullshit.
    You can do most of the flying stuff shown in the vid... as for the rest, sure.. "spiced up". 
    Go ahead.  Fly. Make a video of you flying that looks at least remotely like the things you see in the video.

Sure you can FLY.

But even nowadays it does not look like the things you see in the launch trailer, even with free camera mode.

But the videos nowadays are much better thanks to free camera mode.

Have fun
    alkarionlog
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:

Because the disclaimer "Not Actual Gameplay" was added later after loud protests from people that knew.

Have fun
    That is not true at all.

The only version of the launch video is the one released to the press on the 10th of December 2014 and that clearly has the disclaimer in it.
    Operative words being ".. to the press..."   ;-)

Have fun
    What does this even mean? Are you really claiming you saw a video prior to the press release which had no disclaimer on it, will I be surrpised when you tell us that your dog ate the video and that is why you cannot show it to us...

I believe the question (which you are trying to steer the conversation away from, as per usual) was what Frontier convention showed 'hunting, sandworms and tonnes of that stuff.' So far we haven't seen one of these videos from Frontier, unlike CIG.
    ScotchUpklash2def
    edited January 2018
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Bullshit.
    Go ahead.  Fly. Make a video of you flying that looks at least remotely like the things you see in the video.

Sure you can FLY.

But even nowadays it does not look like the things you see in the launch trailer, even with free camera mode.

But the videos nowadays are much better thanks to free camera mode.

Have fun
    Well it's a different perspective. The game is FPP the trailer is not.
    Try this however: Look at the trailer, then watch some Isinona videos or some other good combat videos and try and imagine what it looks like if you were a third person spectator watching a fight around a station. Remove the spiced up special effects and some of the maneuvers and that's it's actual gameplay.

It just isn't as exciting when you're playing the game as it is watching a trailer with selected condensed exciting gameplay accompanied by a cool soundtrack.
    I'm surprised you need someone to tell you that.

Here's one example: 

You, however, said the trailer "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Please stop lying.

..Cake..

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    ED doesn't have sandworms, neither in trailers nor ingame, thus Star Citizen is good.
    Take that crytek fanboiz!
    sgel said:
    Try this however: Look at the trailer, then watch some Isinona videos or some other good combat videos and try and imagine what it looks like if you were a third person spectator watching a fight around a station. Remove the spiced up special effects and some of the maneuvers and that's it's actual gameplay.

It just isn't as exciting when you're playing the game as it is watching a trailer with selected condensed exciting gameplay accompanied by a cool soundtrack.

**snip ***

You, however, said the trailer "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Please stop lying.

I do not have to imagine anything. You seem to forget that i am an avid E:D player for years now. I participate in such combat action myself ... and do make videos of it. From a third person view, using the external camera mode too.  Therefore i know what one can do .. and cannot do. What is actual gameplay. And what is not.

Which also means: what i said about the trailer still stands. 

As for video and information sources - sorry, @rpmcmurphy ; .... you can either believe me ... or not. It is entirely up to you.  And the dog likes slippers, toes and newspapers, not videos ;-)

Have fun
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

**snip ***

Please stop lying.

I do not have to imagine anything. You seem to forget that i am an avid E:D player for years now. I participate in such combat action myself ... and do make videos of it. From a third person view, using the external camera mode too.  Therefore i know what one can do .. and cannot do. What is actual gameplay. And what is not.

As for video and information sources - sorry, @rpmcmurphy ; .... you can either believe me ... or not. It is entirely up to you.  And the dog likes slippers, toes and newspapers, not videos ;-)

Have fun
    let me see if i'm undertanding here, you are trying to compare a game who is out, playable, and updated with a game who till now is more vaporware then a real game?
    ScotchUpZandog
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

**snip ***

Please stop lying.

Have fun
    let me see if i'm undertanding here, you are trying to compare a game who is out, playable, and updated with a game who till now is more vaporware then a real game?
    Not the first time the SC marketing department has done this. The SC marketing people are constantly here trying to deflect and lie.
    I am comparing two games, both playable, both played by me for many years each. One has been launched, the other is in Alpha testing.

E:D has been launched in a first bare bones version and is now iteratively updated with new patches and upgrades. SC is working towards a more feature-rich stable Alpha version for the multiplayer game - which is tested by player-backer-testers like me - and a completed solo game called Squadron 42, which is tested only in-house.

Both are great games IMHO, with different development strategies.

Have fun
    Not the first time the SC marketing department has done this. The SC marketing people are constantly here trying to deflect and lie.
    Who do you think are "SC marketing department" people here on this forum ?

Have fun 
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Erillion said:
    SC is working towards a more feature-rich stable Alpha version for the multiplayer game - which is tested by player-backer-testers like me - and a completed solo game called Squadron 42, which is tested only in-house. 

Marketing drone confirmed :)

Elite's "bare bones" which came out after just two years development had more content than Star Citizen's alpha which has taken five years.

ScotchUp
    edited January 2018
    Cotic said:

Marketing drone confirmed :)

You seem to forget that on several occasions i have stated here that i am not working for CIG, RSI or any of their contractors. That also extends to any sub-companies of CIG and RSI in various countries. That i do not even work in the gaming field. Also not in the advertising or marketing field. That I am living and working in Austria.

And - as far as I understand US law - if I do work for CIG, RSI, any of their sub-companies or any of their contractors - i would have committed a criminal offense the moment i gave an untrue statement on such a topic, even on an online forum.

So ... dear @Cotic ... try again  ;-) 

Have fun

PS:
    Ich kann dir das Ganze auch auf Deutsch schreiben, oda im tiafsten östaraichischen Dialekt, oba Du würdast mia sowieso net verstäh... ;-)
    Cotic
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Wait Erillion is supposedly Sandi Gardiner now???
    ScotchUpErillion
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

**snip ***

Please stop lying.

Avid E:D player my arse... you even went as far as advertising Star Citizen on the ED topic.

Anyway, back on topic.. I linked you a video and explained how you can use logic to understand that most of what is shown in the trailer is perfectly possible in-game.
    You decided to go on some kind of lecture about your gaming credentials without actually saying anything.

Again, you said: "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Stop lying.

..Cake..

Only one way to find out: Does he enjoy tickling?
    ScotchUp

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Only one way to find out: Does he enjoy tickling?
    Yes. But probably not the "on screen" variant you have in mind ;-)

Have fun
    sgel said:
    Avid E:D player my arse... you even went as far as advertising Star Citizen on the ED topic.

Anyway, back on topic.. I linked you a video and explained how you can use logic to understand that most of what is shown in the trailer is perfectly possible in-game.
    You decided to go on some kind of lecture about your gaming credentials without actually saying anything.

Again, you said: "had nothing to do with real gameplay and they sold it as real gameplay".

Stop lying.
    You have not taken a look in our E:D subforum here lately, have you ? Where 1/3 of all threads are from me. And these are positive threads, announcing new developments in E:D.  Especially w.r.t. the Thargoid threat and long range exploration (my specialities in E:D). Discussing new information and new game patches.

And ... back on topic .... you linked a video ... you explained ... and i do not share your opinion. I even dispute it.

And my statement still stands.

Have fun
    sgel said:

Stop lying.
    Must be a slow news day for Star Citizen so he's trolling you instead.
    Erillion said:
    Ich kann dir das Ganze auch auf Deutsch schreiben, oda im tiafsten östaraichischen Dialekt, oba Du würdast mia sowieso net verstäh... ;-)
    International marketing drone confirmed, happy now? :)
    Erillion said:

I even dispute it. 

I especially liked that argument you made... you know the one about which talked about and then you said and it totally convinced everyone that you knew what you were talking about. 

..Cake..

edited January 2018
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    International marketing drone confirmed, happy now? :)

Mei Punkt woa ... E:D und SC hobn oandare Entwicklungs Strategien .. oba beide kenan funzen ... deswegn is kans von de zwa Spüle schlechta.

Have fun
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    More like "Every Time Star Citizen Gets a New Update Everyone Is Reminded What an Alpha Is"
    kikoodutroa8Babuinix
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Erillion said:
    I am comparing two games, both playable, both played by me for many years each. One has been launched, the other is in Alpha testing.

E:D has been launched in a first bare bones version and is now iteratively updated with new patches and upgrades. SC is working towards a more feature-rich stable Alpha version for the multiplayer game - which is tested by player-backer-testers like me - and a completed solo game called Squadron 42, which is tested only in-house.

Have fun
    dude care to share what you are taking or smoking or whatever you are using? serious I want a trip like that

SC there is no game, you already said, its alpha, now you are telling me it ahve a game playable? dude don't defend one thing then do a 180 and say other you already have low cred for defending this and you came out and say this thing up? now I know or you are delusional or are not willing to see how things go, or you are as high as a kite

and don't come out to say the alpha is a game I playable several alphas in my life and there are a couple who never was seen after a time, so unless its out, playable and being update with more content, its not a game yet, tossing modules around saying its a playable game makes you and the one who did this with no credibility.

but of course keep defending something like this, SC fans are as annoying as vegans, everything they say you toss facts to make then to at least shut up, but then after a time with no arguments start to rage and invent facts
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    dude care to share what you are taking or smoking or whatever you are using? serious I want a trip like that

SC there is no game, you already said, its alpha, now you are telling me it ahve a game playable? dude don't defend one thing then do a 180 and say other you already have low cred for defending this and you came out and say this thing up? now I know or you are delusional or are not willing to see how things go, or you are as high as a kite

and don't come out to say the alpha is a game I playable several alphas in my life and there are a couple who never was seen after a time, so unless its out, playable and being update with more content, its not a game yet, tossing modules around saying its a playable game makes you and the one who did this with no credibility.

but of course keep defending something like this, SC fans are as annoying as vegans, everything they say you toss facts to make then to at least shut up, but then after a time with no arguments start to rage and invent facts
    Your mileage may vary...

Have fun (i do, even if SC is still in Alpha)