Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the Studio

Comments

• BLNXBLNX Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Not sure what you lot are on about. I am just putting the numbers out there. Not claiming it is enough, will last etc etc. They say they can continue at current funding rate. Current funding rate is $100k per month.

It certainly is not tone deaf as the issue will always be whether they have the cash to continue working. This is literally the only topic that is relevant to SBS. Unless of course "in tune" means you have to cheer for their failure.

Lifetime average is not wrong, I just hid the starting row by mistake. The collected total on 15/08/17 was $3,080,209. The average works from that date, which I think was the end of Kickstarter.
    Honestly, I would be more worried about how they will keep a steady rate. Unfortunately they can't sell tanks in this game, at least not yet.
    EponyxDamor
    In the King's Court, I choose to be the Jester.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Not sure what you lot are on about. I am just putting the numbers out there. Not claiming it is enough, will last etc etc. They say they can continue at current funding rate. Current funding rate is $100k per month.

It certainly is not tone deaf as the issue will always be whether they have the cash to continue working. This is literally the only topic that is relevant to SBS. Unless of course "in tune" means you have to cheer for their failure.

Lifetime average is not wrong, I just hid the starting row by mistake. The collected total on 15/08/17 was $3,080,209. The average works from that date, which I think was the end of Kickstarter.
    You are trying to show they are making money. They aren't. They are losing money. Stable development? How long do you think that will continue? Indefinitely? By all accounts, there has been next to no developmental progress worth talking about. If there was, Caspian would be saying that much. So how long will this revenue continue to stream in as these updates continue to reveal issues compounded by developmental delays?

And there is another thing. Everything Caspian has said so far has been out of touch with reality.
    So once again, saying "Stable Development" is what I would call straight up bull shit. There's nothing stable about SBS.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

This is the most important thing to monitor, whether or not this number falls off after the recent round of "bad news."

Aethaeryn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Anyone still working there should probably be updating their resume.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2018
    Xodic said:
    What professional title is missing from this Kickstarter roster?

If you guessed CFO / Accountant, you're a winner!
    I LOL'd.  Folks look at these things way too black and white.  Publishers bad, crowdfunding devs good!  It's not that simple.  Publishers play a very important role in the creative process, whether someone wants to admit it or not.  This is a good example of the role they play.

Someone told me the other day that publishers cutting scope was never in the interest of delivering the players a good game.  Case in point to the contrary here if SBS folds due to piss poor financial management and development planning.

Great game>good game>no game at all.
    EponyxDamorGdemami[Deleted User]YashaXdcutbi001

• StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited January 2018
    Vrika said:

In that case calling it lifetime average is wrong. If it's average from 15/8/17, you should name it so. As it is, people will understand that it's an average from 3/5/2016 because that's the first entry.

The end of Kickstarter was in 2016.
    The $3,080,209 is the total amount that they raised via Kickstarter + stretch goals or something. I did a quick searach but for the life of me I can't remember why I used 15/08/17 - maybe store opening? The lifetime average is based from 15/08/17 so that the Kickstarter does not skew the average. This average is more reasonable.

What would you like for it to be called?
    You are trying to show they are making money. They aren't. They are losing money. Stable development? How long do you think that will continue? Indefinitely? By all accounts, there has been next to no developmental progress worth talking about. If there was, Caspian would be saying that much. So how long will this revenue continue to stream in as these updates continue to reveal issues compounded by developmental delays?

And there is another thing. Everything Caspian has said so far has been out of touch with reality.
    So once again, saying "Stable Development" is what I would call straight up bull shit. There's nothing stable about SBS.
    You make no sense. How is what I posted "showing they are making money" vs "losing money"? Development is always a loss making proposition. Stop making assumption just because someone is not in your circle-jerk.

I clearly state I am not saying it is enough. Just putting the numbers out there. Time will tell when it starts going down and yes it WILL go down if they keep encountering problems without any tangible progress.

It is irrelevant what Caspian says. They are currently getting $100k per month. How long that lasts is the only relevant factor.
    Kyleran
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited January 2018

Stop making assumption just because someone is not in your circle-jerk.

Nearly every comment you make is laced with insults like this.

You don't need to be abusive to get your message across, and it would probably be more favourably received if you left out the insults.
    EponyxDamorSlapshot1188WellspringGdemamiTiamat64Kyleran
    edited January 2018

You make no sense. How is what I posted "showing they are making money" vs "losing money"? Development is always a loss making proposition. Stop making assumption just because someone is not in your circle-jerk.

I clearly state I am not saying it is enough. Just putting the numbers out there. Time will tell when it starts going down and yes it WILL go down if they keep encountering problems without any tangible progress.

It is irrelevant what Caspian says. They are currently getting $100k per month. How long that lasts is the only relevant factor.
    So why on earth would you "just put numbers out there" with no context? In spite of your insulting post, you still have't clued anyone in on exactly what you are trying to show. $100K income per month? What's that mean? Nothing, unless you have other factors.

You don't have those factors, or if you do, they aren't favorable enough to post. Either way. Your post is about as informative as if you'd posted a copy of the Declaration of Independence.
    GdemamiKyleranEponyxDamorJamesGoblin
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Sad, but not unexpected.

We should start taking predictions on their excue for the game tanking and never being released.

I'm going to predict "Too many Naysayers" and "Publishers that couldn't understand our vision".
    KyleranDakeruEponyxDamor
    edited January 2018
    YashaX said:

You don't need to be abusive to get your message across, and it would probably be more favourably received if you left out the insults.
    Calling me a white knight is an insult and you know that very well. So don't play the victim card.

So why on earth would you "just put numbers out there" with no context? In spite of your insulting post, you still have't clued anyone in on exactly what you are trying to show. $100K income per month? What's that mean? Nothing, unless you have other factors.

You don't have those factors, or if you do, they aren't favorable enough to post. Either way. Your post is about as informative as if you'd posted a copy of the Declaration of Independence.
    Because the question is whether they can continue development. $100k monthly income for them is favourable. Calling me a white knight for a neutral post is insulting.

Because the question is whether they can continue development. $100k monthly income for them is favourable. Calling me a white knight for a neutral post is insulting.
    Neither Yasha or Geezer called you a white knight in this thread, yet you did call out Geezer for being part of "the circle jerk."

I realize you are posting the financials in what you believe is a neutral manner,  but it comes across more as an attempt to show a positive message of support than a simple statement of fact.

Most people would follow up such figures with their reasoning why they think it is enough to complete the game,  why it may or may not continue at that rate etc.

As you've not really stated why you post the numbers, people are perhaps making invalid assumptions as to your reasoning. 

By the way, "true neutral" has always been the toughest alignment to play in D&D, many have argued it doesn't really even exist.

;)
    YashaXGdemamiJamesGoblin

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:

Calling me a white knight is an insult and you know that very well. So don't play the victim card.
    Sigh. You just can't help yourself can you?
    Slapshot1188
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:
    Neither Yasha or Geezer called you a white knight 
    But I did.
    And I won't take it back.
    KyleranJamesGoblinTiamatRoar
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Kyleran said:
    But I did.
    Except that when White Knights start slinging mud, they get a bit dirty.
    JamesGoblin
    Dakeru said:
    Kyleran said:
    But I did.
    Except that when White Knights start slinging mud, they get a bit dirty.
    Now you know why harbingers prefer to wear black.

;)
    GeezerGamerJamesGoblin

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Maybe the term Mud Knight will become a thing then.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Mud Knights who pursue justice while caked in mud and flings mud in an attempt to seem harmless. All hail the pacifist Mud Knight. 
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188
    Chamber of Chains
    edited January 2018
    You spelled Mud backwards

Slapshot1188JamesGoblinDakeru
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited January 2018
    Just looked at this game. It seems like they are pretty far off :)

Edited: was rushing out the door and sent by accident

Cryomatrix
    Post edited by Cryomatrix on
    JamesGoblin
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Just looked at this game. It seems like they are pretty far off :). Shouldn't they just release this crap as Early Access as they go. 

Cryomatrix
    Pretty sure there's nothing to access early.  I've said it before, but far as I've been able to find out, at MOST right now all they have is a MUD in closed testing (and even that's only allegedly, and it's not complete either) which may or may not serve as a test of the ideas and programming they'll put into the game.
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblin
    edited January 2018
    In other words, they got nothing. That's all they ever will have.
    Which is what COE will ultimately amount to.
    Nothing.
    Ever.

KyleranJamesGoblin
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    So.... where are this weeks financials?
    JamesGoblin
    --------------------------------------------
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    In other words, they got nothing. That's all they ever will have.
    Which is what COE will ultimately amount to.
    Nothing.
    Ever.

Damn.

Well guess I bought the whal- I mean king package for nothing
    GeezerGamer