Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server?

TakeoJusticeTakeoJustice Member UncommonPosts: 73
I was just wondering what server would be good for someone who is new to the game? I would perfer a server with  little PvP just becuase I hate getting like 5-10% of my level then getting killed by someone way over my level then I end up losing alot of exp.

Comments

• Sh337Sh337 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Well, depends... I'm european, so I'm playing on Teon.
    I'm level 13 now and never been PK'd... :)
    Oh, and this game is all about PvP, so "a server with  little PvP" is... Well... Bleh... :P

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You are level 13. What do you expect? Gankers don't play this game, they all play WoW. The actual PvP doesn't start until you are higher levels and you will need to be part of a guild who is active in the server politics for that. That means you will need to get involved in the community.

I play on TEON, if you like I can come and kill you  a few times if it will make you feel better

You need to do some research about this game and learn what it is about. Under level 40 you are useless in PvP.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Yeah, anyway Teon is pretyt much the carebear server.  All servers are PvP, and some have considerable "gank" squads in them ( I dunno about Teon as I do not play that server any more, waaay too touchy feely over there).

What brainless was trying to say is, you wont be involved in any server changing PvP until after 40 and probably not until your 60's.  You DO NOT have to be clanned to PvP, but it will certainly help your survivability.

Piece of advice:  Spend time in the arenas learning how to PvP against other people, it will pay off in the long run.

Any way,  its open PvP, so you can fight anywhere you want outside of the cities.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

ooooo....you are just so mean....and....well.....hateful.

(will you stop touching me?)

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Just to throw my 2 adena in...

All the servers are much less PvP than the "open PvP" label would suggest.  On the official website there is a section for each server and they all have a "server personality" post, I suggest you read them and decide for yourself.

• TakeoJusticeTakeoJustice Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Thanks for the replies guys.I'll look at the server personality forums and decide from there. And it's great to hear there's not alot of pvp at lower levels and at higher levels I can atleast defend myself against a PKer...I'll be sure to do a few round in the arena as well.
  • Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

Don't lose heart if you get PK'ed a couple times while you are under lvl 20.

But once you get to the mainland, you'll be alot less likely to get PK'ed.

Bartz is my server of choice.

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• ayuchanayuchan Member Posts: 90

as far as i know there are usually two situations where a new player will be pked...one is when a player quits the game there is a tradition where he/she will go on a pk run and kill everything in sight before they leave...

the other more common situation is a high level player will have an alt that they no longer use for normal play  to go around griefing people when they are bored...

the key to avoiding pkers is to avoid using the shout command when you know there is a red in the area...if they see your name...especially if you are talking shit about them...they will target you and kill you

also when u know a red is in the area you can log off your main character and make an alternate toon in a different region to play until the red is gone...usually people will get bored after an hour or two of griefing and then u can resume your levelling...for example if your main is a human...instead of going back out to the same place and dying again...go play a dwarf for some extra mats and money and then return an hour later

once you are over forty random pking is extremely rare unless your guild is at war

remember this is a pk game so you should expect to get involved with this at some point

• Sh337Sh337 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Torak

You are level 13. What do you expect? Gankers don't play this game, they all play WoW. The actual PvP doesn't start until you are higher levels and you will need to be part of a guild who is active in the server politics for that. That means you will need to get involved in the community.
    I play on TEON, if you like I can come and kill you  a few times if it will make you feel better
    You need to do some research about this game and learn what it is about. Under level 40 you are useless in PvP.

Geez... Who pissed under your tree???

Yeah, sorry...I did come off sounding like a jerk

Had a bad day I guess lol....

Apologize to the other poster.

I'm a bad man....a very bad man

• TakeoJusticeTakeoJustice Member UncommonPosts: 73

Never mind got the problem fixed.

• bonds0097bonds0097 Member Posts: 36
    Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Lionne is the unofficial role-playing server if RP suits you. :)

I'm only a level 15, haven't been PKed yet, the community (on the whole) is definitely more mature than the WoW and GW crowd. Some level 30 dwarf tried to PK me once because I wouldn't give him a random rec... fortunately I had the newbie speed buff on and made it to guards in time.

JB